2014 JK Pulls left Ready lift 4/3 37 Trail Grapplers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-15-2014, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

2014 JK Pulls left Ready lift 4/3 37 Trail Grapplers

Anyone have any issues with Readylifts 4/3 inch lift causing the jeep to drift to the Driver side. This is a brand new JK 4door Rubicon. 37 inch tires Nitto Trail Grapplers with 1.50 spacers. I now have 1900.00 dollars wrapped up in this and im ready to sell because its drives like a disaster.

Installed in Henderson NV.

I swapped from 37 inch MTRs to 37 inch Trail Grapplers then swapped every tire to all different corners of jeep

Added Ready Lift Track Bar because the lift pushed the front axle over and factory didn't have any adjustments. i caught this nobody told me it would be off so bad they just assumed i wouldn't notice.

Aligned Aligned Aligned - paid for 130.00 for the alignment the first time and 95.00 2 weeks later i was told it was because of the the strait axle not being able to split the caster setting or the tires.

Would this be directly related to a Caster setting should I buy AEV or Rough Country Geometry Correction Brackets? has anyone else seen this if so what was the fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-15-2014, 05:16 PM
VKS Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktwillis View Post
Anyone have any issues with Readylifts 4/3 inch lift causing the jeep to drift to the Driver side. This is a brand new JK 4door Rubicon. 37 inch tires Nitto Trail Grapplers with 1.50 spacers. I now have 1900.00 dollars wrapped up in this and im ready to sell because its drives like a disaster.

Installed in Henderson NV.

I swapped from 37 inch MTRs to 37 inch Trail Grapplers then swapped every tire to all different corners of jeep

Added Ready Lift Track Bar because the lift pushed the front axle over and factory didn't have any adjustments. i caught this nobody told me it would be off so bad they just assumed i wouldn't notice.

Aligned Aligned Aligned - paid for 130.00 for the alignment the first time and 95.00 2 weeks later i was told it was because of the the strait axle not being able to split the caster setting or the tires.

Would this be directly related to a Caster setting should I buy AEV or Rough Country Geometry Correction Brackets? has anyone else seen this if so what was the fix.
Pulling can be caused by a couple different things. Not being able to have a caster lead will cause it to pull. With the axles in the JK's you are not able to get a caster lead, you can only increasing it evenly, both sides. If it really bothers you you can put an adjustable balljoint in it. You'll be able to get a caster lead that way. The first thing I'd try would be to cross your front tires and see if it pulls the other way. A radial pull isn't uncommon. The AEV/RC will not solve your issues since I'm taking it that you have adjustable control arms.

Handmade One At A Time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #3 of 14 Old 04-15-2014, 05:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You should have come here long before you decided on a lift. Readylift is new to the JK market and their prices are way over inflated. They compare to the lower end of lift market. For the money you paid, you could have had a quality lift.

As far as pulling left, it could be anything. Take it back to the place that installed it and make them fix it.

Is the front axle perpendicular to the frame?

Why are you running spacers? Didn't you buy the right backspaced wheels? Wheel spacers suck. Did you at least buy hub centric spacers?

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

Last edited by BigMike; 04-15-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-15-2014, 06:46 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Do you have adjustable control arms?

A picture of the front suspension will help us see what you have.

If you're running quality, hub centric wheel spacers, installed correctly there is nothing wrong with them.

It could be a lot of things, but caster is a problem with JK's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #5 of 14 Old 04-15-2014, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Stock arms, hub centric spacers and I have tried with out them. Hub centric wheels and tried to rotate the wheels five time around the jeep. Im was looking for the easy out for someone to say that they tried them and it changed the way it drove. Im extremely happy with the lift. Correct in the fact that they are new to jeeps but amazing customer service. This issue has nothing to do with brand or spring rates.

Thanks so far for everyone s input.

Last edited by Ktwillis; 04-15-2014 at 08:49 PM.
post #6 of 14 Old 04-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Rock God

If their customer service is so dam good, why haven't they told you how to fix it?

Post up pics and you'll probably get some help here.

I'll give you a hint, its not your tires, wheels or spacers. They're just amplify the real problem.

Autoguide, Seriously!
post #7 of 14 Old 04-16-2014, 05:50 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

It sounds like you have the 69-6400 kit, which is very basic. IMO any kit should include adjustable track bars or at least a front with raised rear TB bracket. This kit has the rear TB bracket.

So I would start by returning the ReadyLift track bar. There have only been a couple people post about Readylifts here and the track bars were below par and if I remember right lead to Death wobble. You can buy a track bar from a proven company for less anyway(Synergy, Rock Krawler, MetalCloak).

In the mean time loosen all of the suspension bolts(control arms, track bar, drag link, sway bar links) and lower shock bolts and retighten them with the JK on the ground at ride height. This will ensure there is no bind in any of these points. If I were you I'd also replace the lower control arm bolts and track bar bolts with 9/16th grade 8 fine thread bolts. There are a lot of places that sell kits for this, but I bought mine at a local Tractor Supply Co.

Your next issue is going to be caster. You can use drop brackets(I would buy Rancho's) or adjustable front lower control arms to regain some caster, but it's going to be a balancing act between good caster and bad drive shaft angles. I don't think low caster would cause it to pull, but light steering and wonder for sure.

If none of that works you can experiment with different amounts of toe in or out.

If it still pulls after all of that I would look for bent shit.

Quote:
Quote:
post #8 of 14 Old 04-16-2014, 05:53 AM
JKO Addict!

You can have someone align it all you want, but setting toe to factory specs with 37" tires seems a bit off doesn't it?

What is your toe set at ?
Improving caster will improve "straight-ahead" driving and maintaining a line.

Is this complaint valid when you merely hold the steering wheel? More times than not people complain about a "pull when they let go of the wheel", the answer is usually to hold the damn steering wheel. Which is almost what we told you at BMW, since we aren't going to make it so that you can drive without holding the steering wheel more successfully...that doesn't really make sense..

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-16-2014, 06:40 AM
JKO Addict!

2014 JK Pulls left Ready lift 4/3 37 Trail Grapplers

Lol ^

Roads crown to the right. Often this is where it comes from. Left can be from a heavier duty stabilizer (push) Wider tires tend to follow the road more too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #10 of 14 Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

4" lift, 37's, and stock control arms. What shocks are your running?

I'd suggest running from Readylift, buy some decent control arms, take it to a competent 4WD center and have them install the arms and setup the alignment the way it should be done. Of course, all this can be done in your driveway with basic tools as well.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #11 of 14 Old 04-16-2014, 11:06 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
4" lift, 37's, and stock control arms. What shocks are your running?

I'd suggest running from Readylift, buy some decent control arms, take it to a competent 4WD center and have them install the arms and setup the alignment the way it should be done. Of course, all this can be done in your driveway with basic tools as well.
It's actually a 3 inch kit. The 4/3 means 4 inch front 3 inch rear and it's a basic spring kit, so if it rides ok it would be worth building on with proven brackets, arms, track bars and steering components. I would let someone else be the guinea pig with those from ReadyLift.

Quote:
Quote:
post #12 of 14 Old 04-25-2014, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Found the issue! The alignment was off. I adjusted the to 1/8 toe in and she's strait down the road now. I also installed the AEV Geometry Correction Bracket and that also made a world of difference with the ride quality and nothing for the alignment. best 100 dollars I spent so far. ill post a pict as soon as I can. thank you for everyone input.
post #13 of 14 Old 04-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktwillis View Post
Found the issue! The alignment was off. I adjusted the to 1/8 toe in and she's strait down the road now. I also installed the AEV Geometry Correction Bracket and that also made a world of difference with the ride quality and nothing for the alignment. best 100 dollars I spent so far. ill post a pict as soon as I can. thank you for everyone input.
That is strange. I have 6" of front lift and 40" tires and have not touched my toe setting it is the factory specs and I have no issues with tracking or tire wear at all so far. Did they adjust the toe out to -1/8" before?
post #14 of 14 Old 04-26-2014, 01:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Bent tie rod or adjusted incorrectly before hand ... Assuming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode