So i made a kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-14-2014, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

So i made a kit

im sure most people have seen homeade builds of pressurized water however i made a kit id like to distribute. im simply doing it to finance my accessories and maybe builds for my jeep. if it buys me a bumper for my jk it was worth it ive owned my jeep for two weeks now and absolutely love it however im not posting this for advertisement guys i just want your input like what do you think of the idea. I love it i work on the beach and dont track sand in my jeep anymore i also get to rinse all my fishing rods now. its a unique system unlike other builds which doesnt require you to make a pickup. hope you guys like it i just want your input thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251505170657...84.m1555.l2648
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Ok you asked for it.

People who actually wheel their jeep would have that valve tore off in about
.0000003 seconds by a rock or a tree. Same goes for the license plate bracket. If you are just gonna run to the beach and use it to wash your feet then it will work for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-14-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Ok you asked for it.

People who actually wheel their jeep would have that valve tore off in about
.0000003 seconds by a rock or a tree. Same goes for the license plate bracket. If you are just gonna run to the beach and use it to wash your feet then it will work for that.
well thats how i mounted it the only real purpose of the kit is tapping the bumper the ball valve and switch can be mounted anywhere you'd like. anybody that could install the kit could easily mount the ball valve or switch where they'd like
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-14-2014, 02:38 PM
JKowners Vendor

Spigot to tear off and water trail

AJ,
I do applaud your ingenuity and your enthusiasm for your rig. USMC is on the dot regarding how long that would last on a "trail rig". Also, rarely will you see a trail rig with a stock bumper. This is not to say there are not millions of jeeps out that that are not just "beach" jeeps or "picnic" jeeps, or even "soccer" jeeps. That's what our show rig was before we wreckused it. If that's your target audience, you will need to do some research on the best forums for that type vehicle. I would say "Pirate 4 x 4", but I just can't do that to you in good conscience. Those guys would actually come to your house and beat you and burn your jeep if you advertised this on that forum...

So, for this to have application beyond stock or modified (lite) jeeps, you'll need to find a location that is 99% likely not to get whacked for the spigot, and a bladder that will fit in all bumpers (does not exist) therefore a bladder that fits somewhere other than the bumper. Keep in mind that as it ages the bladder will begin to contract (I know mine has) so size it correctly. One place it would fit exceptionally well would be in the (shameless endorsement) Rock River Strongbox (see new items thread)
Good luck and keep creating.

Rock River Offroad Inc
Innovative Products for Today's Offroad Enthusiast.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-14-2014, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock River Offroad inc View Post
AJ,
I do applaud your ingenuity and your enthusiasm for your rig. USMC is on the dot regarding how long that would last on a "trail rig". Also, rarely will you see a trail rig with a stock bumper. This is not to say there are not millions of jeeps out that that are not just "beach" jeeps or "picnic" jeeps, or even "soccer" jeeps. That's what our show rig was before we wreckused it. If that's your target audience, you will need to do some research on the best forums for that type vehicle. I would say "Pirate 4 x 4", but I just can't do that to you in good conscience. Those guys would actually come to your house and beat you and burn your jeep if you advertised this on that forum...

So, for this to have application beyond stock or modified (lite) jeeps, you'll need to find a location that is 99% likely not to get whacked for the spigot, and a bladder that will fit in all bumpers (does not exist) therefore a bladder that fits somewhere other than the bumper. Keep in mind that as it ages the bladder will begin to contract (I know mine has) so size it correctly. One place it would fit exceptionally well would be in the (shameless endorsement) Rock River Strongbox (see new items thread)
Good luck and keep creating.
thanks guys i really appreciate it i like that i understand that few rigs use stock rear bumpers however i noticed that the front bumper is typically the first to go. people in my communinty so far are loving it i appreciate it though thanks
post #6 of 12 Old 04-18-2014, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

post #7 of 12 Old 04-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Yellow star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
We liked you better when we didn't know you. If you just fucked off we could go back to not giving a shit about you.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

Yellow star x2, no thanks. It's useless-soon-to-be-torn-off junk for any serious wheeler. Try selling your shit at JeepForum or JK-forum.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-18-2014, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

i clearly said i wasnt trying to advertise even though i did show you the ad. It was stated i just wanted feed back. Sorry im just a guy who just had an idea and was curious if other jeep owners would appreciate it. I love the idea of making a jeep kit to finance other jeep accessories but i guess thats just me
Sorry guys
post #10 of 12 Old 04-18-2014, 06:14 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
thanks guys i really appreciate it i like that i understand that few rigs use stock rear bumpers however i noticed that the front bumper is typically the first to go. people in my communinty so far are loving it i appreciate it though thanks
What do you mean by "my community" ?

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #11 of 12 Old 04-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Rock God

This guy has different approach to valve location.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5DBpzoKIMo
post #12 of 12 Old 04-19-2014, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

people in my area? i live in a beach community sand gets tracked everywhere. fisherman in the area also like it alot mainly pier and beach fisherman to rinse the saltwater off of their reels which are really expensive i mean when i go fish i take out about 2k worth or rods at a time and thats probably less than the average serious fisherman. me and all those guys have to rinse the equiptment to make it last. im also a captain here where i live and everyday my job after getting off the boat i end up having to walk to a beach location to do some finishing work which gets you really sandy. I live in panama city beach btw. but overall only the wheelers seem to hate my idea which lets be serious anybody with enough mechanical knowledge to install something like this has enough mechanical knowledge to re route a hose.

and his location is very unique however it would require drilling into the body and his labeling is awesome it was done with a very fancy piece of equiptment i can tell like a laser cutter or something of that sort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode