2014 Rubicon X traildash install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-13-2014, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
2014 Rubicon X traildash install

Hi all, just got my 2014 Unlimited Rubicon X a week ago. First thing I ordered was the new Superchips Traildash because it is supposed to work with the 14's now. First thing I do is go to the superchips site and download the update program for the Traildash and make sure it is up to date. Next I go to install it and the first thing it tells me is that it does not recognize the programming for my Jeep. It then copies my programming to the traildash and pops up the programmer dash. It definitely recognizes I have a rubicon because of the dash layout, but will not give me any power program options. It also reset my TPMS system and all I see is zero's now. Another thing it is doing is when I start the engine it gives a electronic stability control dash light and the air blows hot no matter what the thermostat is set to. I shut the engine off and remover the plug to the obdII port and everything is normal. Has anybody had similar issues? I am calling superchips in the AM to see if there is anything they can do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-14-2014, 08:35 AM
JKowners Vendor

They are still working on the '11 up programming..

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-14-2014, 01:34 PM

Garage

I've had the TrailDash installed on my 14JKUR for about a month and haven't seen these issues (I've tried two of the tunes so far). For the TPMS to be disabled, an unlock code is needed (simply request and they provide it). I'm not sure why that would be jacked up, but I'd work with their tech to resolve your issue...it seems it didn't load the program properly.

Last edited by 14JKUR; 04-14-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-14-2014, 01:43 PM
JKowners Vendor

Good to hear....just must be my '11 that's a issue...or all the '11's as they are the bastard child...

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Granite Guru

I have had the SuperChips Flashpac since Nov 2013. They still have not resolved my TPMS problems. Many calls. Always, "will advise the engineers." I had to rig my true tire size to get accurate MPH after going to 35's(34.5 actual). Memory is I had to set by trial and error to 33.5.

Things work for some and not for others. You and I are Others.

My advice is return all settings to factory, then return the unit under their 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
post #6 of 9 Old 04-14-2014, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Superchips Tech Support

Well, I gave tech support a call this morning and they set my account up to log all the files from my traildash so they can work the issue. The A/C problem and the ECS disabling itself may have been due to me not turning the ignition off and then restarting after installing the unit because I'm not having that issue any more. I still don't have the ability to tune the ECM though.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-30-2014, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Okay, new update on my traildash install. After getting a new firmware update from superchips I installed the traildash again and behold...I finally got the options to tune my pcm. That's where the trouble began. I picked the 87 octane tune and started the process. The tuner got stuck in a cycle of tuning over and over again. Of course now I can't even start the jeep. After a call to superchips I sent my PCM out of the Rubi and the traildash back to them to get things fixed, hopefully. Everything is overnight so hopefully Friday i'll have a running Jeep again.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Granite Guru

One more time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchettt View Post
My advice is return all settings to factory, then return the unit under their 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
One more time.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
post #9 of 9 Old 05-09-2014, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Well, got my PCM back from superchips and installed it. Jeep runs again!! I quickly boxed up the traildash and sent it back to quadratec. Don't think i'll be trying that again anytime soon. I'm not doing any mods at the moment that need me to update my speedo or tire pressure limits anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode