Soft Top - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Soft Top

Hi all, I am looking for a soft top to cover when it rains but is easy to remove when it's dry. I have looked at the Bikini's with the tonneau and wind break but I don't know anything about them, anyone using one or have used one in the past? Will it keep water out? The one I am looking at is the Quadratec model, any reviews on there tops? I have looked at the Trektop NX but everyone says it is a pain to remove and it always covers the passenger section, doesn't roll up or fold down. What do you recommend? I already have the Spiderweb Shade.

2014 JK Unlimited
3.6 Pentastar 5 Speed Auto
Dune / Oscar Mike Edition
3" Mopar Stage 3 Lift
315/70x17 Duratracs on AEV Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-10-2014, 01:27 PM

I run a cheap quadratec bimini from April to October. I keeps most of the rain out, but does leak some. I don't have carpet and keep my drain plugs out, so a little water doesn't bother me. I don't use a windjammer, so the rear is open at all times.

The top is fairly easy to remove- just unscrew the header and take off three straps on each side. Takes me less than 2 min.

The top does flap at highway speed- so if that bothers you, you may want a more sturdy solution, like the Trektop.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-13-2014, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Trektop NX or factory top? I can get them both for the same price, which is better? I want to be able to lower or remove the top and re-install when it rains.

2014 JK Unlimited
3" Mopar Stage 3 Lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-13-2014, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Will the factory top fold all the way down? I know the NX just folds back above the driver and I can also take it off but what about storing it while I am driving, can it go in behind the back seat?

2014 JK Unlimited
3" Mopar Stage 3 Lift
post #5 of 7 Old 04-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjohnsn View Post
Will the factory top fold all the way down? I know the NX just folds back above the driver and I can also take it off but what about storing it while I am driving, can it go in behind the back seat?
The factory soft top will fold all the way back. The Trektop NX is not designed to fold all the way back. As you said, it has the sunrider option and the windows come out, but the top is designed to stay up.

If you want something that you can take up and down easily, a factory style soft top is your best bet. Since you don't have any hardware at this point, the Bestop Supertop NX includes every piece you need to get your new completely convertible top on the Jeep.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

Jake R. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Off-Road Outfitters

Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PM me for our JKOwners Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
post #6 of 7 Old 04-15-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the replies guys, I just can't make up my mind on what I want to do. I have been looking at the Trektop NX and I also am looking at the Trektop. I am confused on the Trektop, can it roll up and be removed? I know the NX can not due to the sunrider option. I promise I will make a decision soon and stop bugging people with this!

Thanks
Scott

2014 JK Unlimited
3" Mopar Stage 3 Lift
post #7 of 7 Old 04-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjohnsn View Post
Thanks for the replies guys, I just can't make up my mind on what I want to do. I have been looking at the Trektop NX and I also am looking at the Trektop. I am confused on the Trektop, can it roll up and be removed? I know the NX can not due to the sunrider option. I promise I will make a decision soon and stop bugging people with this!

Thanks
Scott
Scott,

Neither Trektop is designed to be rolled up and completely removed. The NX has remove able windows and the sunrider option, but even the non-NX is not made to be completely removed. Let me know if you have any other questions at all or when you're ready to order so I can get you a quote!

-Ryan

Jake R. |
Off-Road Outfitters

Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!

PM me for our JKOwners Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode