Looking for a listing estimate for my wrangler - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-08-2014, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Looking for a listing estimate for my wrangler

Just throwing this out there to get some idea of what I might be able to list my Jeep for should I decide to sell it.

Specs:

2012 Wrangler Sport, 2D, 6sp manual, 10k miles.

Prorock 44 up front, 4.56's, RCV's, Reids, Synergy high steer, Synergy Tie rod and Drag link, ARB Locker.

Dana 44 in the rear with 4.56's and an ARB locker, coast rear driveshaft

A combination of Metalcloak and Currie lift, OME shocks.

Poison Spyder Fenders (F&R)

Poison Spyder Rear (BFH)

JCR Dagger front

Engo Winch

Rigid Lights, Pioneer Nav, Sirius, Polk speakers, sPOD,

Procomp 35's with 60-70% tread left.

There are a bunch of other things, but I am not going to list them all...just trying to get a ballpark of where I should list it at.

Consider everything in mint to near mint condition.

Last edited by maniacal_rick; 06-02-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-08-2014, 10:14 PM
JKO Addict!

I would say around $25k with the mods. If you still have the factory parts you would be better off to put it back to stock and sell off the mods.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the replies. A lot less than I was hoping for...I was hoping you guys would say 28-30k. I based this on stock sport 2012's are listed for 20-22k on ebay.

I can almost get it back to stock....minus the cutting and welding ive done, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Wheeler

35 spline arb's?
post #5 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrawford View Post
35 spline arb's?
30sp
post #6 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Probably Stuck on my Diff

Like stated, it depends on your audience.. I personally would ask high, and see what happens. $20-22k is a low ball, so I wouldnt listen to that advice.

I see people asking $30k for a 2008 sport in my area all the time.. you never know what happens.

More Cowbell
post #7 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11jeeperdrummer View Post
Like stated, it depends on your audience.. I personally would ask high, and see what happens. $20-22k is a low ball, so I wouldnt listen to that advice.

I see people asking $30k for a 2008 sport in my area all the time.. you never know what happens.
Thats were my mind is. Even if I stripped it to stock I would sell it for 20k. I have over 19k (documented) just in parts alone...not to mention labor.

I would never dream of getting back what I put into it...but I dont think 28k is out of the question. Limited audience, sure...out of the question, I don't think so.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 11:53 AM
JKO Addict!

You typically figure around 10 cent on the dollar for a return on mods. Your 19k is worth about 2k. Selling aftermarket parts typically sell for around 50 cent on the dollar. Your axles are about he only thing worth buying on the after market an would think 4-5k+ factory axles if you could find someone to swap with.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #9 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

Why you selling? I haven't seen you around lately...
post #10 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
You typically figure around 10 cent on the dollar for a return on mods. Your 19k is worth about 2k. Selling aftermarket parts typically sell for around 50 cent on the dollar. Your axles are about he only thing worth buying on the after market an would think 4-5k+ factory axles if you could find someone to swap with.
I hear ya...its an option that im not opposed to, just dont want to do all the work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmguy75 View Post
Why you selling? I haven't seen you around lately...
I've been pretty dormant...im trying to get back on the forums more. Just not alot of time lately.

I dont want, or need to sell. I have this burning desire to build a TJ with an LS swap and the whole 9 yards. If I do that the JK wont see much use. I love the JK, its fantastic and fun to drive, however the second I start getting real serious with mods like stretching and supercharging the resale value drops completely. The JK is kinda at the stage where it still has alot of value, so I need to decide on selling now and starting another project or just keeping this one.

Oh...and i'm thinking about buying land...so eliminating as much debt as possible plays into the equation.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Wheeler

You have a clean and well built rig. I agree with starting high. You have made tasteful and capability adding mods. The pr44 is a huge selling point. You will attract buyers who want a "lifted Jeep" as well as those in know who understand the investment you've made. I say stay high or keep the thing. It's sweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode