spacer in rear of tereflex leveling kit? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-07-2014, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

spacer in rear of tereflex leveling kit?

Hey Guys; I have a 2013 jk 2 door with a tereflex performance leveling kit installed ( 1" longer coils in rear and 2" longer coils in front) I'm running 285/70r17 on 4.5 back spaced rims. While riding on beach this weekend with 2 daughters in back my tires hit my fender flares on a few occasions on bumps that seemed pretty small. Is this normal or should I have added something else to kit such as longer shocks or longer bump stops? Also what else will I need to add if I put in spacers in the rear.
Thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWranglerNation View Post
Odd.. what shocks are you running?.. was the jeep loaded down with extra stuff?.. if anything, I would get the an upgraded 1.75 spacer kit.. thou order just the rear spacers if that's where your having the issue. or did you replace those to?.. and with what?. if your running factory spacer.. then.. yes chuck those for a bit more clearance.. but I guess you'd have to run the same spacers all around in order to maintain TeraFlex's leveling kit..
im running the stock shocks and no spacers that im aware of. the kit is the one with replacement coils. I had my daughters in the back seat maybe weighing 250 lbs combined, the thing that bothered me is it never bottomed out with the factory coils and now im even a inch higher.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-09-2014, 08:53 AM

Pretty sure it would have on the stock coils if flexed right. I have the TF spacer levelling kit (2" F, 1" R). with 33's on 3.75BS and I rub slightly when flexed with no weight and no seat in the back. This is on a 2dr sport stock coils and shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy jk View Post
Hey Guys; I have a 2013 jk 2 door with a tereflex performance leveling kit installed ( 1" longer coils in rear and 2" longer coils in front) I'm running 285/70r17 on 4.5 back spaced rims. While riding on beach this weekend with 2 daughters in back my tires hit my fender flares on a few occasions on bumps that seemed pretty small. Is this normal or should I have added something else to kit such as longer shocks or longer bump stops? Also what else will I need to add if I put in spacers in the rear.
Thanks for any input
Longer shocks arent going to do anything for you. You don't want the shocks to act like a bumpstop.

Were you articulated? Or were these just bumps in the sand and you could hear something banging?

Does the Jeep sit level with no weight? You are running a large 32" tire...at 4.5bs I would imagine you would have to be pretty twisted to rub fenders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode