Red Rock Fab reborn as Red Rock 4x4 ?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Red Rock Fab reborn as Red Rock 4x4 ??

I see where Extreme Terrain is selling Red Rock 4x4 branded side steps, rock rails, bumpers etc. Iíve Googled several times and canít find ANY comments from Jeepers on the Red Rock 4x4 brand accessories, and the only site carrying them seems to be ET. Got me to wondering if it might be the second coming of Red Rock Fab. Could ET have bought the rights to have parts made by an offshore company to RRF specs and sell as RR4x4? More than likely Red Rock 4x4 is just more stuff made in China and ET is the exclusive reseller and only recently began selling it, explaining the lack of hits on Google.

Is there anyone with experience using the Red Rock Fab accessories that could take a look at the Red Rock 4x4 products on ET website to see if they are essentially the same design? After adding a leveling kit and taller tires to my new Jeep my wife tells me we need a set of steps. I like the look of Red Rock 4x4 rocker guards as an alternative to just a set of nerf bar or OEM style steps. I know others make similar rock rail/step combos at a similar price point. I really like the AEV rails, but theyíd run $150 more and after just buying new tires and wheels every penny saved is, well, a penny saved.

Posted this question on ET's vendor page but don't know how often they monitor posts there. Thought someone here might know.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 12:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Those are NOT Red Rock Fab bumpers. Looks like more Chinese crap rebranded under another name. I dont see any resemblance to the old Red Rock Fab stuff...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Those are NOT Red Rock Fab bumpers. Looks like more Chinese crap rebranded under another name. I dont see any resemblance to the old Red Rock Fab stuff...
I didn't see any resemblance either. The Red Rock Fab stuff looked nice, and wasn't a tubular bumper. Also from a lot of the stuff on the Extreme Terrain website it looks like they just go through the Ali Baba website and rebrand the Chinese copied crap (like the poorly copied AEV snorkel they are calling the Red Rock snorkel).

Jon

08 Rubicon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-03-2014, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks guys. Good thing about Jeeps is there are MANY different choices for accessories. The bad thing is there are MANY lesser quality accessories that are not always easy to identify as such by looking at photos online. The price point of the lesser quality stuff is not that much less than good stuff, making it even more difficult to distinguish between the two.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

post #5 of 7 Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan85 View Post
I see where Extreme Terrain is selling Red Rock 4x4 branded side steps, rock rails, bumpers etc. Iíve Googled several times and canít find ANY comments from Jeepers on the Red Rock 4x4 brand accessories, and the only site carrying them seems to be ET. Got me to wondering if it might be the second coming of Red Rock Fab. Could ET have bought the rights to have parts made by an offshore company to RRF specs and sell as RR4x4? More than likely Red Rock 4x4 is just more stuff made in China and ET is the exclusive reseller and only recently began selling it, explaining the lack of hits on Google.

Is there anyone with experience using the Red Rock Fab accessories that could take a look at the Red Rock 4x4 products on ET website to see if they are essentially the same design? After adding a leveling kit and taller tires to my new Jeep my wife tells me we need a set of steps. I like the look of Red Rock 4x4 rocker guards as an alternative to just a set of nerf bar or OEM style steps. I know others make similar rock rail/step combos at a similar price point. I really like the AEV rails, but theyíd run $150 more and after just buying new tires and wheels every penny saved is, well, a penny saved.

Posted this question on ET's vendor page but don't know how often they monitor posts there. Thought someone here might know.
Sorry about not responding to your other questions. RedRock 4x4 is not Red Rock Fab rebron. RedRock 4x4 is producing items exclusively for us and we have just recently begun that partnership, which explains the lack of info when you do a google search on them. RedRock 4x4 sources parts and materials from all over the world and they are sold directly and exclusively through us in Pennsylvania. They pride themselves on making a solid product at a price that everyone can afford.

Please let me know if you have any other specific questions about anything else on the site!

-Ryan

Jake R. |
Off-Road Outfitters

Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!

PM me for our JKOwners Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
post #6 of 7 Old 08-17-2017, 01:41 PM

I put a set of Red Rock bumpers on my '06 LJ about a year and a half ago. I'm very satisfied! They were east to install. About 3 months ago, at work, someone backed into my Jeep and hit my left rear corner. All that I have to show for it is a little white paint. Most of it came off with a Magic Eraser. Her Toyota Rav4 cost around $8K to fix. I highly recommend the Red Rock Bumpers!!!
Pete
GA
post #7 of 7 Old 11-05-2017, 03:59 PM

I put one of their Rock Crawler bumpers on my 16 JK. It is a SOLID bumper, the welds are great and the powder coat is superb. The winch mounting plate was perfect, the whole thing bolted right on in a little over an hour. I would recommend their bumpers. I can't say about anything else.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode