rock krawler warranty questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 04-01-2014, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

rock krawler warranty questions

So I bent my track bar and was wondering if anyone has done a warranty replacement that would be able to give me a heads up on the process? Thanks fellas.

So-Cal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Krew O.G.
RKDONKY (work in progress)
'11 JKU Rubicon, bright silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 04-01-2014, 11:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Have you called them? I believe it is lifetime warranty on hard parts which includes the track bar

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 Old 04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Just call Rock Krawler and talk to Justin - 518-270-9822.

They'll get you fixed up.

Marcus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 04-01-2014, 11:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

RK's track bar is seriously stout. let's hear the story about the bend?

Check your brackets too...if it was enough to bend the TB it was enough to tweak the hell out of the brackets

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #5 of 22 Old 04-01-2014, 11:51 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
RK's track bar is seriously stout. let's hear the story about the bend?

Check your brackets too...if it was enough to bend the TB it was enough to tweak the hell out of the brackets
That too! I was thinking the same thing!

post #6 of 22 Old 04-01-2014, 11:58 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_zero View Post
So I bent my track bar and was wondering if anyone has done a warranty replacement that would be able to give me a heads up on the process? Thanks fellas.
Wow, you world be the first to bend one of our track bars. If that is the case, we do warranty those bars for life. All we need is a digital picture of the bar showing installation and being bent. Then we will get you out another one.

RK
post #7 of 22 Old 04-05-2014, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

honestly not sure how it happened. i took it in for an alignment and they asked if i knew the track bar was bent. i had a buddy that had a new one that he let me have til i could get this one warrantied. i already replaced the track bar so pictures on the jeep would be difficult.

i replaced the axle side track bar bracket with an artec one already. ill take a look at the frame side bracket as well.

i can provide pictures from all angles of the bar off the jeep if that will work? if not i guess i will have to find time to install it and take pics.

thanks for the quick responses. RK customer service great as always.

So-Cal
Krew O.G.
post #8 of 22 Old 04-06-2014, 08:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Your track bar differs from the one you put on ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #9 of 22 Old 04-06-2014, 08:57 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Did they think it was bent because of the bend in it for diff clearance?

post #10 of 22 Old 04-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Granite Guru

My TRE pulled out of my Rock Krawler track bar screwing up the threads. It was 12 months, three weeks old. Everybody I showed it to said the threads in the track bar didn't look like they were cut very deep. Rock krawler said they only guaranteed it for one year and would not help. I drilled it out, welded in new bungs.
post #11 of 22 Old 04-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
My TRE pulled out of my Rock Krawler track bar screwing up the threads. It was 12 months, three weeks old. Everybody I showed it to said the threads in the track bar didn't look like they were cut very deep. Rock krawler said they only guaranteed it for one year and would not help. I drilled it out, welded in new bungs.
Why wasn't it covered under the Lifetime warranty if the threads are part of the track bar?
post #12 of 22 Old 04-06-2014, 10:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post

I was thinking the same. Some people will think the stock drag link is bent. there's a tweak in it new.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #13 of 22 Old 04-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Granite Guru

The threads were part of the track bar. I was told it only had a one year warrantee. The shame is that it was only three weeks past that time and they wouldn't do anything.
post #14 of 22 Old 04-06-2014, 05:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Those jam nuts require a lot of torque. More then some can handle,
If the jam nut was not torqued properly securing the "heim joint". The sloppiness can ruin the threads.

post #15 of 22 Old 04-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Granite Guru

The joint pulled out, passenger side wheel flopped to pass. side, almost went off a cliff.
post #16 of 22 Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
If the jam nut was not torqued properly securing the "heim joint". The sloppiness can ruin the threads.

Yep, i'll bet that's what it was, and slop WILL ruin threads to the point of pulling out. Probably the jam nut and or he had that joint really unscrewed and the other really screwed in. Either way he's just going to play-up on how traumatic it was, how evil RK is, even though it was likely his own fault [or whoever the installer was].

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #17 of 22 Old 04-07-2014, 05:45 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post

This. I used a big mother fucking pipe wrench to tighten the jam nut on my front track bar. Pretty sure it is torqued to around 200 ft lbs.
post #18 of 22 Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Yep, i'll bet that's what it was, and slop WILL ruin threads to the point of pulling out. Probably the jam nut and or he had that joint really unscrewed and the other really screwed in. Either way he's just going to play-up on how traumatic it was, how evil RK is, even though it was likely his own fault [or whoever the installer was].
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
This. I used a big mother fucking pipe wrench to tighten the jam nut on my front track bar. Pretty sure it is torqued to around 200 ft lbs.
Yep, if it was fubar from the start and properly tightened, he would have found out while tightening from the bloody knuckles that smashed into something when it gave way while tightening. It was likely not tight or came loose. Locktite saves lives!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #19 of 22 Old 04-07-2014, 10:21 AM
JKowners Vendor

If the bar is bent, we would certainly warranty it.

As far as threads are concerned, that is a customer intervention item and here is our stance regarding that.

"A note about jam nuts and the consumer's responsibility. The installer is the person or persons initially responsible for the proper setup of the suspension system and/or components and the initial tightening of the jam nuts. The consumer or vehicle owner is the person or persons responsible for maintaining the jam nuts tight. Jam nuts not only hold the orientation of a component or a joint, but their most important function is pre-loading the threads of the mating parts. Failure to not supply proper torque on jam nuts will result in the rapid deterioration of the threads in the control arm and will impose a "cause for concern" for the occupants of the vehicle. Failure to comply with the warnings headed in the directions regarding the amount of threads showing past the jam nut will also cause the same "cause for concern" for the occupants of the vehicle. All of the above items are the responsibility of the vehicle owner and or installer. If a threaded section of a component is bad it will show itself defective immediately. Threads that fail over time are due to improper maintenance of jam nuts and can be proven very easily. Thread sections not properly maintained or setup are not covered under warranty. This is the end user and installer's responsibility."

We typically hook the customer up with the part at cost, hopefully advise them as to what went wrong so it will never happen again and put them in a safe condition.

We apologize for anyone's inconvenience with this kind of issue. We are here to help...

RK
post #20 of 22 Old 04-07-2014, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks RK. I'll be in touch.

So-Cal
Krew O.G.
post #21 of 22 Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 PM
JKowners Vendor

If you bent it, a simple digital picture of it showing it was bent will do.

RK
post #22 of 22 Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
odds .. this was the case and OP was misinformed by mechanic ? would love to see a picture !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode