2011 SuperChip Trail dash (pod) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-26-2014, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
2011 SuperChip Trail dash (pod)

I searched the forum for the Superchip trail dash to try and get more information on it, but I did not see anything specific for a 2011 JK. I have a 2011 JK Sport, 6 speed manual. I have looked on Superchips website and I get the basics about what it offers. What I am looking for is people's opinions who also have a 2011 JK 6 Speed manual who use this product. Did you try to use the pod, even though its stated use is for a '07-'10? If it didn't work, did you try and mod it to make it fit? As far as the Traildash itself goes, can you justify the $500 price tag associated to it? I am looking at this to be my next upgrade - but I would like first hand experience from those who use this product as I would use it. Thank you.

LOD Rock Sliders, PSC rear bumper w/tire carrier and Brawler lite front bumper w/stinger, GenRight Alum Fenders, XRC 10 winch w/Viking Synthetic Line, RI 10" E-Series light, 4 D2 lights, 2 SR-M series, ARB front/rear air lockers, ARB compressor, Rock Krawler 3.5" MTS w/Blistein 5100 shocks 35" BFG KM2's on M/T Side Bitter Rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-01-2014, 08:46 AM

I picked one up about a month ago for my 11 rubicon, all the websites I looked at said they only worked with the 7-10s, but after cross checking with superchips website and verifying the part number I went ahead and ordered it(from northridge, they had a better deal) and when it showed up I plugged it in and...had no performance programming option! So I called up superchips and was told all i needed was upgraded software(free on their website). Once I updated it I plugged it back in and set it up for the 87 octane tune, and felt a pleasant, if minor seat of the pants difference. Oh, and I'm seeing and extra 2mpg also. I decided that the trail dash would be worth the extra bucks because I have the rubicon and could modify and activate the off road toys with it, and i also have an auto tranny. I think its well worth the money.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-02-2014, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

LilRedRubicon - thanks. I knew about the 07-'10 issue, but I had been talking with super chips about it for a while and got the response that it does in fact work. with the '11's you do not get one of the options, but for me having a manual it doesn't matter. I'm really curious to see if the 2mpg increase is really worth a $500 product...

LOD Rock Sliders, PSC rear bumper w/tire carrier and Brawler lite front bumper w/stinger, GenRight Alum Fenders, XRC 10 winch w/Viking Synthetic Line, RI 10" E-Series light, 4 D2 lights, 2 SR-M series, ARB front/rear air lockers, ARB compressor, Rock Krawler 3.5" MTS w/Blistein 5100 shocks 35" BFG KM2's on M/T Side Bitter Rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-02-2014, 03:35 PM

if you can, set your tire size in the super-chip. That is going to adjust parameters. Also you should think of the 2mpg cost savings in this manner. How long at 2 mpg savings will it take you to make back the $ you spent on the trail dash. If you only put a few K miles a year on the vehicle then its going to take a long time to realize that savings. If its a daily driver and you clock 50-100 miles a day that savings ads up real quick. I did the long math back when I got my traildash and it came out to about 1 year of normal driving in economy mode to make back the $.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-02-2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I drove over 2,000 miles the month of march. Which took me by surprise. Is it a guarantee to get 2mpg...more? less? I'm just trying to "justify" this purchase...

post #6 of 10 Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 AM
JKowners Vendor

Nothing is guaranteed to get you 2mpg's.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-03-2014, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

True statement. I'm really just trying to see if its worth dropping that kind of coin on a product. Over 100 people have seen this thread and only 2 people have chimed in. Which makes me doubt its useful for what I would use it for.

post #8 of 10 Old 04-03-2014, 04:27 PM
JKowners Vendor

I have had one on my '07 and loved it. I like having control on the lockers without cutting wires.

Now its on the '11. Still like it but at least with mine there are a few issues. I can't program a custom tune so have lost some functionality.
I was able to adjust the tires and gears.

Once the bugs are fixed I know I'll be happy.

I have added a EAS cable so I can control the arb's once my ProRocks get here..That leave's less switches I have to add either into the dash or into the S pod....which will be full.

Been working with the Tech dept on fixing the issues.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-04-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Ct - thank you. I have arb lockers as well. I run them off the spod - which is no big deal to me. I think I would like to use it as the back up camera instead of the mirror mount I have now. Were you able to get a trail dash pod to fit right above the radio? Or are you using the window mount for your '11. Other than tire size and the 87 octane tune, the 2 av inputs - what else can I use it for?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #10 of 10 Old 04-04-2014, 12:49 PM
JKowners Vendor

They do not have mount yet but they are working on one so I used the window mount.

I use mine to monitor many temps-PID's, Inclinometer gauges , turn off the JK's TPMS, adjust how the trans shifts, adjusts when the fan come on, sway bar etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode