Thinking about my next mod - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-25-2014, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Thinking about my next mod- Looking for outside opinions

It is funny how a simple change like swapping out your rock rails can really put the mod bug in a person but I guess that is the Jeep life. Haha. So I have been doing a lot of reading and think I am sold on the Tereflex leveling kit and some spidertrax wheel spacers as the next mods to throw on. Not really looking for much of a lift and the factory rake doesn't bother me (I know it seems I am in the minority on that) so I think the leveling kit would be good to give me a little more height and prepare for any sag that may come with a new front bumper. As far as the spacers I like the wider stance they will give and the option to run bigger tires eventually.

Just wanted to get some general opinions on these two mods and if I had to do one before the other what others would recommend doing first.

Also, back to the front sag issue. I have a Rubicon with 18/60 coils. With the Tereflex leveling kit is there any estimate on how much sag a new 100lbs front bumper might cause?

Last edited by pattymo05; 03-25-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 PM
Rock God

After 1-2 years running a steel stubby bumper, no winch, my springs were sagging 1-2 inches, basically negating my Teraflex leveling kit. With a heavy bumper, I'd look at either the Rancho 2" lift or EVO MFG leveling kit which replaces the front coils, or the the Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit which replaces all the coils. Replaced my stock front coils with only the Rancho 2" coils and took out one 1" spacer. With a 8k winch with steel cable, I have minor rake. I'm probably going to put back in the 1" spacer to get rid of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
First, take a 50/50 water/alcohol solution and douche all the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you gotta get that nozzle ALL the way to the cervix since it sounds as though your vajayjay is completely blocked with a silica compound.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-26-2014, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info. how much does your bumper weigh? I am looking at the Barricade trail force which is listed at 79lbs. unsure how long before i get a new bumper so wondering if running the leveling kit for now and then replacing the front coils when/if sag starts to get bad is a good way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymo05 View Post
thanks for the info. how much does your bumper weigh? I am looking at the Barricade trail force which is listed at 79lbs. unsure how long before i get a new bumper so wondering if running the leveling kit for now and then replacing the front coils when/if sag starts to get bad is a good way to go.

I have ran a tereflex 2" puck up front with my stock coils for a little over a year now with a heavy ass mopar front bumper (cut to stubby) with a 8500lb winch, my coils have been saggy for a while (bump stops are practlically sitting on the lower coil retainer), but the puck seems to keep the front end slightly higher even with the sag.

But with that being said, you will save money in the long run to go straight to a Basic coil lift rather than doing a puck first. a tereflex budget boost vs tereflex coil lift isnt that big of a price difference and you only have to do it once, plus from there you can add control arms and what not when your ready.

Just my .02

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #5 of 8 Old 03-26-2014, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

well pulled the trigger today (after wife's approval ) and ordered the Spidertrax 1.5" spacers and the Tereflex spacer leveling kit. Decided to hold off on new coils until the need really arises. Can't wait to throw the new stuff on.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Rock God

i started with a TF leveling kit with spacers too. I then added bumpers, winch and skids which basically brought my lift height back to stock. This setup lasted for couple of months before i tossed it and upgraded to a TF coil 2.5" lift with bilstien shocks. The stock components just couldn't handle all the added weight plus camping gear and off roading. The factory rear shocks blew out and it was constantly riding off the bump stops.

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
post #7 of 8 Old 03-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Wheeler

i had the sypdertrax spacers and a terraflex basic spring kit on my factory rubicon when I bought it had a nice stance.

I have since completely built the rig and took all these parts off but it would be a good start.

let me know if you want a deal on some used spydertrax spacers i still have. 1.5'' spacers

Last edited by GreenThing13; 03-26-2014 at 04:21 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymo05 View Post
Based on what I Googled, 78lbs. If I was to do it over, I'd go straight for coil lift vs spacer leveling kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
First, take a 50/50 water/alcohol solution and douche all the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you gotta get that nozzle ALL the way to the cervix since it sounds as though your vajayjay is completely blocked with a silica compound.

Last edited by TRAUMAhead; 03-27-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode