Warranty work and shit dealers help! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-24-2014, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Warranty work and shit dealers help!

So I am worked up! Posted a couple days ago about my corroded RR wheel speed sensor. Went to the dealer today and bought a new sensor and tried to buy the harness because I didn't think I could get the corroded pin out of the plug. (This is the same side I had to splice after my lift install because I didn't route the wire in the right spot and got pinched in two) So dealer said you have to buy the whole rear harness ($250). No problem, I will just try and pull the pin out of the plug and install new sensor...NOT! the whole positive connector came out from the plug, totally corroded off inside plug. I have a '13 JKUR so warranty SHOULD cover it but I am afraid since I installed my Mopar lift and tried to fix the sensor that they won't cover it. I feel this way because my Jeep came with 4 free oil changes which I like to do myself but took it in to the dealer for the first. I already had a AFE cold air intake and I heard the fuckhead service manager make a comment about warranty with the aftermarket part. (I could put stock back on though?) So after the oil change I asked the service manager if he would just give me the other 3 oil filters and I would change my own oil and they said no way???WTF? Do I put my stock airbox back on and remove the Bullydog programmer (never ran a power gain program, just speedo calibrate) and hope for the best? I just can't find a good dealer to deal with, hell we are right here in Toledo, you would think it would be no problem. Or should I get a hold of a friend that works at the Jeep plant get me connector from the factory? I am a Chrysler employee also, could I bitch to my plant manager if they give me any bullshit??? What to do????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I'm one of the first ones on board the "dealerships suck" train, but idk...

So... my thoughts:

I can understand if the wires were spliced, that they wouldn't warranty the part... regardless of age/ miles.

What specific comment did the "fuckhead service manager" make regarding warranty issues and the aftermarket air filter? I mean... why replace it now ( unless you're going to take the Jeep to a different dealership)? He/ they already know that you have an AFE CAI on there, so removing it wouldn't really matter.

I can also understand them not handing out the additional 3 filters. That's not part of the free oil-change deal... and I would personally hate to show up at a dealership for an oil filter just to find that they were out of them since they had just given their last filters to some guy that's going to stock-pile them in his garage.

Not sure how many other dealers you've been to, but in larger cities I would think that if there tends to be a theme with several dealers, that you're just going to have to accept defeat and accept whatever terms they are laying down. At least in my neck of the woods, my primary concern is finding a dealership that is qualified and knowledgeable to perform service/ diagnostics.

If you can do the install, then hell yes... I would try to get the part direct and save some money... absolutely.

Why bitch to your plant manager? This has nothing to do with his job, his expertise, or his concern. Seems like the wrong person to seek assistance from.

JMO/ Good luck

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 5 Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Well you admitted that you fucked it up from the git go.

Now you want your buddy to steal a part from the assembly line to help you out?

Buy the part, replace it, route it correctly and move on. Fuck the dealerships. The last time my jeep was at a dealer was the day I picked it up. That wasn't even a jeep dealer but carmax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-24-2014, 11:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You work for Chrysler, you fucked it up, and you still can't get good service from the dealer that lives off your employer...the irony is killing me.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-24-2014, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

You guys are missing something, the wires were cut 16" from the plug. That should not have anything to do with the corrosion, it's only a 12v system and there was no power going to the plug. The reason I bring up the plant manager is I once worked for Ford and my partner had problems with a dealer on his Lincoln pickup. He in passing was talking to the Plant manager and told him about it and let me tell you, I don't know who that guy talked to but they fixed his truck without further argument. I will send my Jeep buddy a email and see if he knows a add-on freindly dealer and he may know where I can just get the plug. He works in quality repair and is an avid enthusiest with ties to the right engineers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode