warn vr 10000s vs zeon 10 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-18-2014, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

warn vr 10000s vs zeon 10

I am torn between the vr 10000s and the zeon 10 for my jkur. I like the synthetic rope idea. But is the zeon that much better of a winch for the money? Im not able to cough up the cash for the zeon 10s at the moment. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-18-2014, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Did I post this in the wrong place?newbie here just looking for some input. Thanks everyone
post #3 of 11 Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Wheeler

I can't speak to the zeon, but I can say I have the vr1000s on my jkru and it has performed flawlessly. More than enough power to get me out of some bad situations!

2011 JKU, 37" KM2, Teraflex and other goodies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-18-2014, 04:48 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via AIM to GoEagles88

I have the Zeon 8 and it's a beast. Very fast line feed and really well built housing that should last a lifetime. Oh...and it's made in the USA! The VRs are their made in China line marketed to a low price point.

Do yourself and those nice American workers a favor and buy the Zeon. You won't regret it! It looks tough as hell too...bonus.

2011 Flame Red Unlimited
2.5" Teraflex coil lift
37" Goodyear MTR Kevlars
Eagle Alloy series 063 wheels
Poison Spyder Crusher narrow flares
5.13 Superior Gears w/ ARB diff cover
Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks
Safari Straps full cage
Dirty Dog 2pc. Shade
Body Armor tube doors
Or Fab tire carrier
B&M transmission oil cooler
JCR Crusader mid width front bumper
Or Fab rear bumper & tire carrier
ACE Engineering side bars

I need to hit the Lotto big time...
post #5 of 11 Old 03-18-2014, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

My head is spinning on trying to figure out what winch to get. Must be like trying to pick out a mail order bride. Haha
post #6 of 11 Old 03-18-2014, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

So your running a 8 on a jku? I've been told that I should at least run a 9500. Sounds like it works well huh?
post #7 of 11 Old 03-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Granite Guru

I have a zeon 10 on my jku and I couldn't be happier. One of the big selling features for me was the high waterproof rating of the zeon which is one thing to consider.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Rock God

I got a Zeon 10-s: solid build, amazing craftsmanship, beautiful design, fit and finish but it was too wide to fit in my Mopar steel bumper.

So I exchanged it for a VR10000-s: it has wires going in every direction, the control box is made of plastic and the operating button came from a JC Whitney catalog. But the winch drum and the motor are typical Warn quality, it fits perfectly flush with the bumper...and saved $400 in the process.

I am sure the VR will work and last me like a Warn, which is what really matters.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Warn 9.5ti winch
2.5-inch Teraflex lift
35-inch General Grabbers

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Rubicon Wheels and Tires

Last edited by aldo90731; 03-18-2014 at 09:56 PM.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

I have a 10 Zeon on my JKU as well, it really is a well built winch. And it is fast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo90731 View Post
I got a Zeon 10-s: solid build, amazing craftsmanship, beautiful design, fit and finish but it was too wide to fit in my Mopar steel bumper.

So I exchanged it for a VR10000-s: it has wires going in every direction, the control box is made of plastic and the operating button came from a JC Whitney catalog. But the winch drum and the motor are typical Warn quality, it fits perfectly flush with the bumper...and saved $400 in the process.

I am sure the VR will work and last me like a Warn, which is what really matters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles88 View Post
I have the Zeon 8 and it's a beast. Very fast line feed and really well built housing that should last a lifetime. Oh...and it's made in the USA! The VRs are their made in China line marketed to a low price point.

Do yourself and those nice American workers a favor and buy the Zeon. You won't regret it! It looks tough as hell too...bonus.

Wrong, wrong, wrong:

This is a copy and past from a thread on Ih8mud forum from a warn rep.

Let me clear up a few things.

The WARN VR Series winches are not rebadged Tabors, they're not just rebadged M-series winches, and they're not being bought from a Chinese factory and having WARN logos slapped on 'em.

The WARN VR winches have different motors, geartrains, remotes, and finishes vs. the M-series (the Tabor winches have been discontinued in North America). They're backed by the same limited lifetime warranty that we have on all of our other 12V truck winches, and we test them just like all of our other winches. These are currently on our assembly lines in Oregon.

Yes, some of the parts come from global suppliers, but other parts are also are made in our Oregon plants. In addition, they're all designed, engineered, tested, and assembled in Clackamas, OR.

I hope this clears up some confusion.

- Andy

W Go Prepared W
post #11 of 11 Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Wheeler

If you have the money, the Neon is the clear choice, you get a stronger built and water proof machine.

That being said, I own the VR8000. For a newbie, with a daily driver on a budget, I am well served by it.

W Go Prepared W

Last edited by cdnroadwarrior; 03-24-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode