spyntec hub conversion questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

spyntec hub conversion questions

http://spyntec.com/jeep_wrangler_jk_spyntec_overview/ (used)

so i can get a deal on a complete set up, front hub conversion and and f/r up graded shafts
yea i know the bolt pattern changes to 5x5.5 but the question is how do they hold up i would really like to have hubs just to have the 2wd also i would be putting in gears and lunch box lockers front and rear,

Adrenaline Fab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Granite Guru

Looks like you own an automotive shop? You can probably swap in a new axle for less.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 8 Old 03-09-2014, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yea i can get a 44 for around 1300 but i can get the shafts and hubs everything for 700$ also i only plan to run 35s on my jk for now

Adrenaline Fab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Granite Guru

Oh I thought kit was 1400 thats not bad then.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 8 Old 03-10-2014, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yea i was thinking about trying it. i plan to beat my jk just keep it simple and see what it does.

Adrenaline Fab
post #6 of 8 Old 03-10-2014, 08:11 PM
JKO Addict!

I've had them on my '09 JKUR since '10. They work great, are very robust. They are sensitive to setup, tolerating no bearing end play whatsoever. I chewed up a set of spindles learning this the hard way. The handling difference between locked in and unlocked is a revelation, and there is a mileage gain as well. With 37" MTR/Ks on TR beadlocks I get about 16 around town, 18 on the highway. They've endured many trips to Moab, Mt Blanca a few times, Chinaman's Gulch etc. and total carnage has been one broken lock ring. I may upgrade the hubs to Yukons some day but for now I run them with Synergy's RCV 911 inner gears and they seem to be tough as nails. Spyntecs are essentially CJ 30 spline Warn Premium hubs on proprietary hubs & spindles. Seals aren't off the shelf automotive stuff, so good to lay in a few sets for servicing.

So, are they worth the upgrade? Yes, IF you do so at the beginning of your build. At the time I built the rig angle corrected housings weren't yet available and I had a bad front DL vibe issue. So, I ended up getting a second set of wheels for the bolt pattern change. I also had to drop down a size in front inner shafts, but got chromolys and CTM U-joints, which have gone everywhere without complaint. I later found out RCV will make a set for Spyntecs, so if I break these that's how I'll go.

All that said, as I've mentioned in other threads had I to do over again I wouldn't put a penny into the stock front JK axle housing. I'd just get a corrected Pro Rock or Tera 44 and be done with it.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-11-2014, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks for the info.. i might end up going tons.

Adrenaline Fab
post #8 of 8 Old 03-11-2014, 10:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Better move if you can pull it off. The axle builder companies don't make it a cheap swap-out, and the cheap ways to do the swap-out don't make it easy.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode