Narrowed Down Wheels Choices - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Narrowed Down Wheels Choices

After looking a ton of different wheels and trying to find some that would fall in my under $200/wheel budget I think I narrowed it down to these wheels. I have posted a list of the ones I am considering along with some samples pics that I have found. Didn't find any pics of the MD wheels on a jeep. (Couple of the pics I colored in the top or fenders since mine are all black).

I was trying to keep the choices within the MB Wheels, XDs, Level 8, and Methods due to my vender offering free mount, balance and shipping with my order.

What wheel do you think for my '13 billet JKU based upon these? Thanks.

Last edited by MAG00; 04-04-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 07:35 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I just saw the 352's in matte black on a silver JK the other day. Not a bad looking wheel. They are a design knock off of the Method NV. Have you looked at the Method NV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
I just saw the 352's in matte black on a silver JK the other day. Not a bad looking wheel. They are a design knock off of the Method NV. Have you looked at the Method NV?
Yea, I've seen pics of the Method NV with machined face and black accents on a billet JKU. I thought it look real good. However, the backspacing offered on the Method NV is 4.75" which should be fine, but I really wanted to stick to 4.5" backspacing.

I've seen the all black MB 352 on a display rack at Discount Tire with a Nitto Trail Grappler (one of the tires I am considering) and I thought it looked pretty good. Wish I could at least find a pic of the machined face MB 352 on a vehicle. I haven't been able to find one.

I like the all black wheels, but I was considering the machined face with black accents wheels just for something different. Seems like a whole lot of Jeeps are running all black wheels now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Rock God

Here are some extra pics of the method NV

Shoot me a PM, I might be able to beat discounts prices on both wheel and tire. I don't carry MB wheels though, They are exclusively through discount

Sent from inside the Death Star
Attached Images

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #5 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Rock God

I guess depending on the type and frequency of the wheeling you do I would lean towards the Methods. Looks like there are rock rings available that not only protect the rim, but the valve stem as well. Here's a pic of my Addicts after a couple years in the rocks.
Attached Images

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Rock God

i had method standards before i went to beadlocks. great wheels, however you may need to get some spacers to move them out a bit. my 35s rubber the upper control arms in the front.
post #7 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon.l View Post
i had method standards before i went to beadlocks. great wheels, however you may need to get some spacers to move them out a bit. my 35s rubber the upper control arms in the front.
Do you know what size you had? MI have the RK 2.5 max travel lift installed and they recommend wheels with 4.5" backspacing. I see that Method offers the standards in 17x9 4.5" backspacing, but their 17x8.5 is 4.75" backspacing which RK told me may have some minor rubbing depending on tire choice.
post #8 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Rock God

funny, i have a max travel 2.5 kit too.

they were 17x8.5s i do believe. they were fine unless i turned the steering wheel all the way left or right. i have 4.5'' backspacing on my slabs right now with 37s and no issues rubbing.
post #9 of 20 Old 03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Wheeler

Which one is a beadlock? They're worthless if not.
post #10 of 20 Old 03-05-2014, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

What do ya'll think about the MB 352 wheels with machined face and black lip/accents? I think it would look similar to the Method NV wheels with machined face. The Method NVs don't come in 17s with 4.5" backspacing.

Or just stick to the all black?
post #11 of 20 Old 03-05-2014, 01:00 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I personally really dig the 352/NV machined face look. Less to touch up with rock rash and scratches. But, alas, your Jeep and you have to drive it.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #12 of 20 Old 03-06-2014, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
I personally really dig the 352/NV machined face look. Less to touch up with rock rash and scratches. But, alas, your Jeep and you have to drive it.
Yea, I haven't been able to find a pic of the MB 352 machined face wheel on a vehicle but did finally find a real world pic of ne on display. Also, here is a pic of the Method NV machined face wheel on a billet JKU.

Last edited by MAG00; 03-24-2014 at 01:26 PM.
post #13 of 20 Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

So what do ya'll think? MB 352 or XD Addict in all black or the MB 352 or XD Addict with machined face for my Billet JKU?
post #14 of 20 Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan58 View Post
if they are not beadlock they are worthless? I don't follow your logic there buddy.
post #15 of 20 Old 03-07-2014, 10:17 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG00 View Post
So what do ya'll think? MB 352 or XD Addict in all black or the MB 352 or XD Addict with machined face for my Billet JKU?
PayPal me the money you were going to spend on the new wheels, i'll buy the 352's in machine face, run em on my Jeep, and let you know what I think of them...

Dude, they'll all look good, regardless. It's your choice at the end of the day.

Quote:
post #16 of 20 Old 03-07-2014, 10:19 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
if they are not beadlock they are worthless? I don't follow your logic there buddy.
Yeah, regular wheels are pointless, duh!

Not everyone needs 300-400 dollar a piece wheels to go offroad, his comment is pointless.

Quote:
post #17 of 20 Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan58 View Post
Quote:
If I was wheeling a lot or airing down for rocks a lot, then I would agree that beadlocks my be better in the long run. But that is not the case with me and I can't afford the substantial cost difference to go with beadlocks.
post #18 of 20 Old 03-07-2014, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
PayPal me the money you were going to spend on the new wheels, i'll buy the 352's in machine face, run em on my Jeep, and let you know what I think of them...

Dude, they'll all look good, regardless. It's your choice at the end of the day.
LOL I bet you would take that offer. Ha Ha Ha

I know it's a lot of personal preference and my decision, but I like to get others opinions and thoughts. Sometimes you find someone that has ran them, has different pics, maybe some ideas that I didn't think of, etc.
post #19 of 20 Old 03-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Rock God

I vote Method's
post #20 of 20 Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by da20captain View Post
I vote Method's
The Method Standards (all black) from the list or the Methods NV machined face from the pic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode