rustys lift. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

rustys lift.

hows it goin everyone. new here i, i have a 2014 2 dr jk 6 spd. i am lookin into lifting it and was leaning towards the rustys 3.25 advanced lift.
anyone run this lift kit here?
what is everyones take on rustys offroad products.

thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Granite Guru

hey man, welcome. there are a ton of posts regarding lifts. prob over 2 dozen. Iv heard on here alot of guys useing the Rock Krawler lifts. Metal cloak is a great product as well and their customer service is epic!
Just remember the search button is your best friend. and if you can find reviews on google on the interested lift, that might help too... good luck with your search and have fun with your build.

Nick, I use the word AWESOME a lot.
2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

very cool thanks my man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Rock God

Don't waste your time or money on Rusty's.
post #5 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Granite Guru

To be honest. If a guy says don't waist time or money. Just walk away. Remember! It's your jeep. Do what you want. But myself stick with what guys really recommend. A lift and the right gear is worth some bills man.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Nick, I use the word AWESOME a lot.
2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 04:19 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Bigworm36 used to have a Rusty's lift for about 8 months. One of the worst out there. We swapped it out for a rock krawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 04:23 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost13 View Post
hows it goin everyone. new here i, i have a 2014 2 dr jk 6 spd. i am lookin into lifting it and was leaning towards the rustys 3.25 advanced lift.
anyone run this lift kit here?
what is everyones take on rustys offroad products.

thanks for the help.
Got a link to the one you are looking at?

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #8 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-su...anced-kit.html

this is the kit i was looking at......i will have to believe a guy who ran it and has since removed it. thanks guys, im gonna go with my original 1st choice.....rk..... again thanks everyone for your input.....
post #9 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Rock God

Between previous dealings with Rusty's and that being a short radius style arm lift, I don't need to run it to recommend avoiding it.

I'm not impressed with what Rock Krawler has to offer either, but would take them over Rusty's without hesitation or a second thought.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 05:20 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost13 View Post
http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-su...anced-kit.html

this is the kit i was looking at......i will have to believe a guy who ran it and has since removed it. thanks guys, im gonna go with my original 1st choice.....rk..... again thanks everyone for your input.....
WOW, a radius arm kit that uses the factory length arms... I don't think I have ever seen that before. Crazy.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #11 of 15 Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
WOW, a radius arm kit that uses the factory length arms... I don't think I have ever seen that before. Crazy.

That's a pleasant way to put it.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-03-2014, 08:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Short-arm radius setup?

It would be difficult to design something conceptually worse than that. I'm not going to give you a deep dive on suspension geometry, but....just don't. Listen to the collective voice on here unless you like buying everything twice.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #13 of 15 Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks badger im backing away from the rustys.... thnks for the input much appreciated..
post #14 of 15 Old 03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Rock God

I don't know too much about their kit, but I am running their springs. I've run with the front for about 3 years now. and have just gotten the rear springs n everything is doing great.

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

Last edited by SUPERMAN; 03-08-2014 at 08:51 PM.
post #15 of 15 Old 03-06-2014, 11:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Um, run as fast as you can away from the Rusty's lift!!!! Do as you like though but rest assured that you will be one sad puppy when you decide you made a huge mistake. Good luck man.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode