Okay, where are the African American JK Jeepers? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Okay, where are the African American JK Jeepers?

So is it just me, or are there virtually no Black JK Jeepers? I don't see any drivers in my town. Been on four Jeep Jamborees in the last 2 years in the South and did not see any Black participants. As great a vehicle as we have I don't get it.

Just something that has me asking myself why and how this could be? I'd be interested in your take on how this plays in your part of the US or if it applies where you are.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I know Jaker is on here somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

I don't really look at everyone driving a Jeep, but out of everyone I've seen or talked to in my town, there is one black guy that I know that drives a JK.

One of the nicest Jeep guys I've ever talked to. We probably spent close to an hour talking Jeeps when I randomly stopped him the other day at the grocery store.

I encouraged him to sign up on jko to make it 4.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 AM
Wheeler

my neighbor has one on 20's, and there's a guy in my area that wheels the crap out of his commander. there are several video's of his commander at bundy hill. doesn't look like anything special has been done to it, but it definitely gets used!
post #5 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
I encouraged him to sign up on jko to make it 4.
My god, are you saying there are only 3 African Americans on JKO??

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

post #6 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

We're all just Jeepers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #7 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 09:48 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I'm with Big Mike, we bust Jaker's balls, but no fucks are given over your nationality or color. The only thing I hope for is cool people who like to build vehicles and drink beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #8 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 AM
JKO Addict!

What does race have to do with being an off road enthusiast? Even more who cares what race you are on an internet forum?
I think you are asking this question to the wrong "group".

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #9 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
We're all just Jeepers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
I'm with Big Mike, we bust Jaker's balls, but no fucks are given over your nationality or color. The only thing I hope for is cool people who like to build vehicles and drink beer.
Absolutely!!!

post #10 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Rock God

I told a guy down the street who had a badass rubi.

I don't really see why its a big deal....

Sent from inside the Death Star

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #11 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiconquered View Post
I told a guy down the street who had a badass rubi.

I don't really see why its a big deal....

Let me be clear. It is not a big deal. It's just something that seems to apply to JK's that doesn't to other vehicles and that is curious to me.

post #12 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:09 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

We could get into a huge debate over the demographics and what not. Just happy to have another enthusiast. Happy to see more people enjoying these great vehicles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #13 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

I'd say it applies to Jeeps in general. Or even wheeling in general.

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #14 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Rock God

Garage

I know, I am Mexican-American and they accept me despite that! (for the most part)

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #15 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Rock God

Fawk dat chit, where's all the black women at? Dat's what I'm talkin about.....

2010 JKUR, 4" Pro C., 3/4" f Daystar spacer, 5.38's, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed, Rear Ten Factory axle shafts, 1.5" wheel spacers, Pro C. 17 x 9 wheels, 38 x 14.50 x 17 MTR's, SuperChip FP, no fenders, B&M Tranny cooler, Magnaflow, Fr./ Rr. frame hacked off, HD Balls

29,000 miles as of 12/13/14
post #16 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
I know, I am Mexican-American and they accept me despite that! (for the most part)

-Dan
As a group, I find Jeep drivers the most accepting people out there, unless you leave your trail etiquette at home.

post #17 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The only time color is an issue around here is when black star members try to enter a raffle or non yellow members try to advertise or sell their products. I have however wheeled with the elusive Jaker so I guess I can't say I have never seen a black man in a jeep wheeling.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #18 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchettt View Post
My god, are you saying there are only 3 African Americans on JKO??
Well possible more black guys here... just two or three that I'm aware of.

Quote:
... no fucks are given over your nationality or color.
Guaranteed that this is the majority feeling here on jko. I could honestly care less regarding left, right, nationality, religion, race, etc, etc, etc.

Just happens that most here are:

white, straight, mostly straight, sometimes a little gay, somewhat crazy, Jeep driving, tittie lovin', beer drinkin', hard working, gun shootin', outdoor livin' wrench turnin', military supporting guys that are helpful as can be, and have a moral capacity and a willingness to help others. They value their friends, their families, and their freedom.

Quote:
Just happy to have another enthusiast. Happy to see more people enjoying these great vehicles...
Same... except for my piece of shit whore Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post
I'd say it applies to Jeeps in general. Or even wheeling in general.
Been wheeling for many years. Very few blacks, Asians, Mexicans, etc out on the trails. I think it's just a lifestyle that a lot of other cultures, race's haven't yet gotten into. Plenty of room for everyone.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #19 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10jk View Post
There is one in Tucson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #20 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
There is one in Tucson.
Well get er warmed up cause I'ma comin on down soon........ hook me up Jim

2010 JKUR, 4" Pro C., 3/4" f Daystar spacer, 5.38's, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed, Rear Ten Factory axle shafts, 1.5" wheel spacers, Pro C. 17 x 9 wheels, 38 x 14.50 x 17 MTR's, SuperChip FP, no fenders, B&M Tranny cooler, Magnaflow, Fr./ Rr. frame hacked off, HD Balls

29,000 miles as of 12/13/14
post #21 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10jk View Post
I was at a Jeep show and was behind a black girl buying parts for her TJ.

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock KrawlerSynergyJKSLoDGoodyear
post #22 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm African American from the waist down
post #23 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmguy75 View Post
I'm African American from the waist down
Ya u is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Images

post #24 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Rock God

^^^^ dats a big booty!

Kinda scary one at that....

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #25 of 145 Old 02-25-2014, 12:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Been wheeling for many years. Very few blacks, Asians, Mexicans, etc out on the trails. I think it's just a lifestyle that a lot of other cultures, race's haven't yet gotten into. Plenty of room for everyone.

I think by in large it is a cultural thing. I don't think i've seen more than a handfull of hispanic/asians at the last 3 jamborees in Llano, TX. There may have been 1 African American each year. To be honest, i do kinda take notice of the numbers.

Though i can say this, I ran Wheelers for the Wounded last year at Hidden Falls and there were quite a few AA families out there on the trail that seemed to be having a lot fun. Hopefully that will inspire some of them to take the plunge and join in on a regular basis.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode