OR Fab Sport Cage? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-24-2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

OR Fab Sport Cage?

Evidently, OR Fab has discontinued the Sport Cage. Anyone know of one in stock anywhere?

2009 Silver Unlimited Rubicon -- Not really stock, anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

I believe OR-Fab stuff is made to order and drop shipped. Call Chris at Jeep Add-Ons. Or call OR-Fab directly.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #3 of 6 Old 02-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Granite Guru

Chris left Jeep Add-ons from what I understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
I believe OR-Fab stuff is made to order and drop shipped. Call Chris at Jeep Add-Ons. Or call OR-Fab directly.

-Dan

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

Ordered a 2015 2 door Rubicon 3-23-15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Random Dude

In case you're still looking, Summit Racing still has (had?) some in stock. I ordered over the weekend and they confirmed shipment today.

Sport cage (82300) shipped today from Summit's Ohio warehouse, and the floor supports (82301) are supposed to drop-ship from manufacturer (fingers crossed).

Hope this helps someone.

EDIT: Summit canceled the order on the floor supports (82301) "because . . . discontinued" - so I scored a set off Amazon.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 07-28-2014 at 07:23 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-28-2014, 07:22 PM
JKO Addict!

I'd look elsewhere. I had an Or-Fab cage in my YJ. Looked pretty flimsy and a few mionths after installing it they recalled it and gave me my money back. They advertized it a a "styling" mod only, etc. after some guy rolled and had it collapse on him. He sued saying it was substandard fr the advertized use, etc. Looks like someone's done the same with their JK version. PSC, Rockhard, etc. make some better stuff.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Random Dude

Generally, I'd agree with you, but there will be a few "minor modifications" to mine before all is said and done.
Out of the gate, I'm going Synergy rear with the Or-Fab front, but the front streamers will be tied to the B-pillar and B-C streamers.
Tapping screws will not be part of the equation, I assure you. FYI, this is on a 2-door.

While I'm in there, I may replace the B-pillar cross tube with some 2x4x.188" tubing, but haven't decided yet. Maybe just plate it.
Down the road, I may replace the slip joints with tube couplers (but not a super-hot priority right now).

On its own, the Or-Fab is better than stock but not enough to give me the warm-and-fuzzies.
With a little help, it'll give us the protection we are willing to settle for while leaving room for my left foot (I'm built kinda' funny).

I was going to do a full Synergy weld-in front & rear, but I'm not willing to give up the foot room.
The PS setup leaves me leery on a few points, so I abandoned that option.
Genright is $uper-proud of their 4-dr cage, and may take years to come out with a 2-dr model, so they're out.

I decided that I'd rather make up for the Or-Fab's weaknesses than do the same for the RockHard.
Personal preference, no desire to persuade here. Hope it all works out.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 07-28-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Correcting fooked up spelling (finger fumble typo)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode