Readylift....LOL!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Readylift....LOL!!!

So an ad popped up for a Readylift track bar, and I figured I'd bite since I'm always looking at different mfgs to see what kind of innovation and quality they offer. The results were comical.

Track bars - $350 each
Replacement short arms (8), arms only - $1900
Monotube shocks - over $200 each
Rear only short arms - $1000
Spacer kit with shock extensions (looks remarkably like $179 RC kit) - $500

*ahem*....BWAHAHAHA!!!! These guys can't be fawkin' serious - what a joke. Guess we know who is going to sell exactly nothing for the JK. PT Barnum said that a sucker is born every minute....even the suckers are smart enough to avoid this one.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 07:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Bargain lol. Didn't know RL went above spacers and shocks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #3 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 07:34 AM
Rock God

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Wheeler

Ya know I have a buddy that makes custom fly rods and he started a business. He initially priced them on the lower side and had no sales. He then changed strategies and shook up his marketing a bit and sold them at a 200% mark up. He can't keep them in stock. Weird how that works.

Maybe Readylift is using the same strategy lol.

2014 Anvil 2 door
post #5 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltidejk View Post

Ya you can go fox rezi for less than those!

Sent from inside the Death Star

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #6 of 16 Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGER View Post
So an ad popped up for a Readylift track bar, and I figured I'd bite since I'm always looking at different mfgs to see what kind of innovation and quality they offer. The results were comical.

Track bars - $350 each
Replacement short arms (8), arms only - $1900
Monotube shocks - over $200 each
Rear only short arms - $1000
Spacer kit with shock extensions (looks remarkably like $179 RC kit) - $500

*ahem*....BWAHAHAHA!!!! These guys can't be fawkin' serious - what a joke. Guess we know who is going to sell exactly nothing for the JK. PT Barnum said that a sucker is born every minute....even the suckers are smart enough to avoid this one.

um, BADGER...c'mon, dude.....you must not-a read the "details"; take their track-bar for example.....didn't you read about the incredible technological-advancement in it being equipped w/ "an integrated turnbuckle that allows you to adjust the bar on the vehicle..."?!
You must be a noob 'cuz if you knew anything about the JK then you'd be " looking to improve the driving experience of your Jeep JK Wrangler both on and off road,.." and see the wizardry while understanding that this is no mere, Chinese Track Bar ; it's an " adjustable front trac bar..." & "is exactly what you need." !As a serious rock-dawg I , for-one, can see how badly I need it so that I can "...Make adjustments on the fly when needed for rock crawling.." fer chrissake.....
you musta missed all that important sh*t.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 03:55 AM
Rock God

I installed one of their overpriced track bars on a buddy's jeep. What a piece of shit. The thing weighed like 5lbs and just felt flimsy. The bushings were so soft that when he went to turn you could watch each end deflect a good 1/2". Driving it was worse. It made for a terrible delay in steering, and actually induced death wobble. He pulled it off and put an RK one on and all was solved. RL makes overpriced cheap stuff.
post #8 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 04:17 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Uh-oh:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #9 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 04:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
Yep, first thing I thought of when I saw this new thread. The OP of the thread above knows SO MUCH about springs and suspension and he ended up with Readylift. My conclusion is that he either works for them or he has used their stuff on his mall crawler 4x4 trucks. I finally gave up being nice and told him good luck with the piece of shit lift he WAY overpaid for.

I see Readylift being on par with Rough Country.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #10 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 05:27 AM
JKO Addict!

I have my new RL on order now. Can't wait to rip out all my old crap and upgrade to the best lift on the market!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #11 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 05:30 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
I have my new RL on order now. Can't wait to rip out all my old crap and upgrade to the best lift on the market!!!!

Well fuck I'll sell my shit and buy your old crap!

post #12 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 05:39 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post

Good luck with that. You should have just used Josh's Rusty's off road stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #13 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 06:02 AM
JKO Addict!

But but.... Those are JJ's

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #14 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post

I see Readylift being on par with Rough Country.
Not me. Rough Country may not be the first choice of the crowd around here, but they make a lot of decent usable stuff (and venturing into flat-out good stuff in some cases recently) at a low price for guys on a budget, mostly made in the US by a good crew of guys that back their stuff without fail. Hell, that's actually more than I can say about the way one of the pricey 'premier' mfgs/vendors around here handled my product issues when they came up several years ago and they acted like their shit doesn't stink.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that RC ranks higher than Readylift to me....at least it's an honest business model where you feel like you get what you paid for.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #15 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Rock God

Garage

Yeah I tried to, uh, question his decision. Cause he went with RL over "companies that just sell old shit that worked for them in the past." Paraphrasing of course.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #16 of 16 Old 02-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
Yeah I tried to, uh, question his decision. Cause he went with RL over "companies that just sell old shit that worked for them in the past." Paraphrasing of course.

-Dan
There is a reason that those companies that sell "old shit" still exist. Their "old shit" still works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode