Another Bent Rear Axle - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 02-21-2014, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Another Bent Rear Axle

I've searched and read most everything on bent axles here. I just discovered my driver's rear is bent. Moderate trail running, no rock crawling. Some ruts on hill climbs. Really don't know that I ever hit anything hard enough to bend an axle flange. Happened with less than 15000 miles.

My questions are; 1. I've read that G2 and 10 factory are essentially the same. Do both warranty the flange?

2. 4wheelparts will give a lifetime warranty on the G2 gold if they install. I do plan on keeping this Jeep for a long time. No serious offloading, but based on how easily the stocker bent, and if it happens to chro-mo also, a lifetime warranty might be worth the $300.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Rock God

$300 for both rears? wow that's a great price. I would be all over that. I am in the same boat with a bent flange drivers rear.....Ten Factory for the warranty is probably the way i'll go

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 36 Old 02-22-2014, 05:43 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

From what I have read ten factory is the only one who will warranty bent flanges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 02-22-2014, 06:12 AM
Rock God

I was in a pinch and bought the G2s from Rob out at EJS 2013. $300 for the set, no regrets.
post #5 of 36 Old 02-22-2014, 07:24 AM
JKO Addict!

For what its worth I've been through three sets of standard g2 rear chromos. Flanges bent on all of them and splines twisted out on two.

I suppose the alternative is sheering my pinion or ring gear so all in all I can't complain when I really think about it. I did the three year extreme warranty just to save the hassle of dealing with it every time but it still costs like $80 to change em out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #6 of 36 Old 02-22-2014, 07:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Ive bent two flanges one factory and one Ten Factory. I bent the Ten Factory on the first or second trip. Bought them through Jason from KrawlOffroad so I gave him a call and in a week or so I had a new shaft at my front door no questions asked!

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 36 Old 02-22-2014, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for all the replies. I've also got an email out to Northridge to see which axles they will set up for plug-n-play.
post #8 of 36 Old 02-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoneill View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I've also got an email out to Northridge to see which axles they will set up for plug-n-play.
Ten Factory I just installed them all set up from Northridge.
post #9 of 36 Old 02-25-2014, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Decided to support Northridge, since they seem to help the JK community so much. (And got 10 factory ready to install for a smoking price) Helpful guys, answered all my questions, got the kit ordered, with free shipping. Cant wait to get them and get rid of this damn squeal.
post #10 of 36 Old 02-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Rock God

I bent stockers, went 10 factory, bent a ten factory, 4 wheelers parts warrantied it, no questions asked except "how the hell did you manage that?"

2010 JKUR, 4" Pro C., 3/4" f Daystar spacer, 5.38's, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed, Rear Ten Factory axle shafts, 1.5" wheel spacers, Pro C. 17 x 9 wheels, 38 x 14.50 x 17 MTR's, SuperChip FP, no fenders, B&M Tranny cooler, Magnaflow, Fr./ Rr. frame hacked off, HD Balls

29,000 miles as of 12/13/14
post #11 of 36 Old 02-26-2014, 02:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoneill View Post
Decided to support Northridge, since they seem to help the JK community so much. (And got 10 factory ready to install for a smoking price) Helpful guys, answered all my questions, got the kit ordered, with free shipping. Cant wait to get them and get rid of this damn squeal.
Did you get the back order message? i tried to order a set from them and they said 3-4 weeks. I have trip coming up in 3 weeks and didn't want to risk it, so i got some Nitros from a local guy.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #12 of 36 Old 02-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Rock God

I have a new in box set of 10factory shafts if anyone is still looking. I had my set warrantied out for bent flange and twisted splines. Then ordered 35sp gold g2 shafts.
post #13 of 36 Old 02-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
I have a new in box set of 10factory shafts if anyone is still looking. I had my set warrantied out for bent flange and twisted splines. Then ordered 35sp gold g2 shafts.
do you know if the warranty is transferable?......pm sent

post #14 of 36 Old 02-26-2014, 07:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps & Guns View Post
I was in a pinch and bought the G2s from Rob out at EJS 2013. $300 for the set, no regrets.

Yeah, after bending a set of Superiors all I could get from Northridge was Alloy USAs, which come with a "Full Moon" warranty.....they'll cover them if there's a full moon. Soon as they were delivered 4WD Hdw had the G2s on sale with bearings & seals for $299. Great warranty, so I ordered a set as spares. About a month later both seals on the Alloys started leaking. Swapped in the G2s a year or so ago and it's been all good since.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #15 of 36 Old 02-27-2014, 06:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper View Post
do you know if the warranty is transferable?......pm sent
The warranty states that it is NOT transferable. edit: it may say its for the original purchaser, same thing I guess

However, I bent the flange on one of my Ten Factory rears. I had bought the shafts from a JKO memeber 2 years ago. I contacted TenFactory and they said that the warranty is for they original purchaser but there were actually willing to help me out if I could get with the original purchaser and get his receipt. The guy didn't have it, which is not his fault, so I was out of luck and bought a new shaft front Northridge. At least this new one will be warrantied.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

Last edited by TCdawg; 02-27-2014 at 06:09 AM.
post #16 of 36 Old 02-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
do you have the original receipt to include with the shafts?

post #17 of 36 Old 03-01-2014, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I just received them in the mail. Ordered new torque nuts from Jeep, but they didn't come in yet. So I guess its a project for next weekend, or reuse the nuts. Cant wait to get rid of the squeal.
post #18 of 36 Old 03-02-2014, 04:24 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

I have been using the RCV rear axles for a few years now without any issues. They are quite a bit more but are made in the US and forged from 300M. I'd suggest buying the right shit the first time if you wheel at all...

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #19 of 36 Old 03-02-2014, 04:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
I have been using the RCV rear axles for a few years now without any issues. There are quite a bit more but are made in the US and forged from 300M. I'd suggest buying the right shit the first time if you wheel at all...

I should have. I think my flanges will bend again. 37's and an effective 3" bs will do it.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #20 of 36 Old 03-02-2014, 04:44 PM
JKO Addict!

What about 4340 Gold G2s?

The 300M seems to be a pretty debatable "advantage" in the cost v. strength aspect.

$600 4340 G2s or $1500 300M RCVs? The Gold G2s may only be 35spline, I'm not sure on 32 or 30 availability.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 03-02-2014 at 04:47 PM.
post #21 of 36 Old 03-02-2014, 04:44 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
I should have. I think my flanges will bend again. 37's and an effective 3" bs will do it.
YUP. Shoot me a PM if you want a quote on a set.

//
//

//
//

post #22 of 36 Old 03-02-2014, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

4wheel Parts guy told me 32 spline Gold G2s are available. Northridge recommended the 10 Factory's over the G2s.

I'm no expert, I'm just taking their advice.
post #23 of 36 Old 03-05-2014, 12:01 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
What about 4340 Gold G2s?

The 300M seems to be a pretty debatable "advantage" in the cost v. strength aspect.

$600 4340 G2s or $1500 300M RCVs? The Gold G2s may only be 35spline, I'm not sure on 32 or 30 availability.
I wan't aware of the G2 4340 axles... Anyone got any of these? If they are domestically made I know where they are coning from and can tell by stampings on the flange. Anyone got these that can supply some up close pics? If they are not domestic 4340 I am not sure they would really be worth it. Good info either way though, thanks Goody.

//
//

//
//

post #24 of 36 Old 03-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
I wan't aware of the G2 4340 axles... Anyone got any of these? If they are domestically made I know where they are coning from and can tell by stampings on the flange. Anyone got these that can supply some up close pics? If they are not domestic 4340 I am not sure they would really be worth it. Good info either way though, thanks Goody.
195 2052 35 <F>(diamond f) 11 12

post #25 of 36 Old 03-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Rock God

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode