Looking to buy, but issues!! Help! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-17-2014, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Looking to buy, but issues!! Help!

Hello and thanks in advance.... I have had a few jeeps wranglers in the past, but nothing newer than a TJ.... Looking for something a bit newer than what I have, and have stumbled upon a friends father that is recently retired and looking to sell his 2007 wrangler unlimited X. He has owned since nearly new and it currently has 185000 km on it (about 110000 miles).... He has all service records, lots of recent work ( brakes, tires, etc....).. But it has a couple issues I would need to address... This is where I need help!
Firstly, it has a very minor rad leak, I would have to replace rad
Secondly, airbag light is on all the time...????
Thirdly, heat only comes out dash (face) vents... No defrost or feet.....??

I don't know if any of these are serious or not. The price is right, it seems to get down the road fine and run good, but of course I would need defrost and a rad.... I just don't want to be into thousand more dollars to. Get this all fixed up.... If anyone has any ideas as to how serious these issues may be could you fill me in? These new jeeps are much more complicated than I'm used too!! Thanks again, AD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Wheeler

I'm gonna say mileage is high. The value was drop exponentially. I would take what your willing to pay, use as a down payment and go new. Take advantage of low financing- Zero problems, zero mileage, full warranty. Get in. Have fun.

Think of it as an ugly chick. Sure you could buy her new tits, and a gym membership- But why don't you just snag the hot one from the start.
post #3 of 6 Old 02-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Stock radiator is about 300.00 but really weird I bought one 2 months ago for 110.00 from quadratec.

No heat on the floor could be the linkage in the dash is broken, but could be something worse.

Airbag light on all the time could be the clock spring, which on 07's it is under a recall so it shouldn't cost you anything to fix.

Mileage is just a little on the high side though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-18-2014, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Mileage is a little high, but the vehicle has been well maintained and the price is more than reflective of that.... I don't think that 100,000 miles is high at all on a well maintained vehicle.... I do think though that people are paranoid of mileage, brought on mostly by manufacturers brainwash.... thanks for the help though, my mechanic has it now and has already fixed the rad and the heater (vaccuum line was off)..... I did call and was told that there were no open recalls on it, so he is also going to do the clock spring (which he says is an issue on all Chrysler products, not just jeep)..... again, thanks for your help...
post #5 of 6 Old 02-18-2014, 09:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aduesling View Post
Mileage is a little high, but the vehicle has been well maintained and the price is more than reflective of that.... I don't think that 100,000 miles is high at all on a well maintained vehicle.... I do think though that people are paranoid of mileage, brought on mostly by manufacturers brainwash.... thanks for the help though, my mechanic has it now and has already fixed the rad and the heater (vaccuum line was off)..... I did call and was told that there were no open recalls on it, so he is also going to do the clock spring (which he says is an issue on all Chrysler products, not just jeep)..... again, thanks for your help...
I find that hardt to belive about the clock spring I got my recall on it last year(never took it in.. but I got it ) pretty sure it was all 07s

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

It’s time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Let’s get it together, America.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65476

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode