My heads a spinning and need help....... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

My heads a spinning and need help.......

ok I have had 3jeeps over the years (79cj,85cj,99tj,) and now drum roll.....2014 2door jk sport silver 6speed...But now my problem,but a good problem!Im selling my old dodge truck for roughly 3500 $ so I wanting new rims tires and a lift this will be my daily driver until I get all 700 payments paid...but I'm stuck from all the info I'm reading I'm probably not gonna mud it or use it off road only to get to my hunting ground,I want something dependable but something that looks like a real nice ride.Im thinking of running 35s but I'm also thinking of maybe a little less dia. Tire as 35s are really expensive and wondering on there wear on the road but I do like the aggressive look and for a lift do I go for a rock krawler or just a small normal lift.im figuring I will have 2000-2500 in rims and tires so that don't leave a lot for a lift also I don't want to go to high as I don't want to get into drive line issues and expensive repairs at least while I'm making payments lol.im also looking to replace the bumpers in time to come,so any help would be greatly appreciated...all my other jeeps I just went bigger tires and no lifts so this is my dream jeep so to speak I'm 47 years old and work 65-70 hours a week so I figure it time for something I want I ain't getting any younger and might as well enjoy while I'm still upright....Thanks jeepers. Jeepmanbowhunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 05:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

WTF did you just say?

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanbowhunter View Post
ok I have had 3jeeps over the years (79cj,85cj,99tj,) and now drum roll.....2014 2door jk sport silver 6speed...But now my problem,but a good problem!Im selling my old dodge truck for roughly 3500 $ so I wanting new rims tires and a lift this will be my daily driver until I get all 700 payments paid...but I'm stuck from all the info I'm reading I'm probably not gonna mud it or use it off road only to get to my hunting ground,I want something dependable but something that looks like a real nice ride.Im thinking of running 35s but I'm also thinking of maybe a little less dia. Tire as 35s are really expensive and wondering on there wear on the road but I do like the aggressive look and for a lift do I go for a rock krawler or just a small normal lift.im figuring I will have 2000-2500 in rims and tires so that don't leave a lot for a lift also I don't want to go to high as I don't want to get into drive line issues and expensive repairs at least while I'm making payments lol.im also looking to replace the bumpers in time to come,so any help would be greatly appreciated...all my other jeeps I just went bigger tires and no lifts so this is my dream jeep so to speak I'm 47 years old and work 65-70 hours a week so I figure it time for something I want I ain't getting any younger and might as well enjoy while I'm still upright....Thanks jeepers. Jeepmanbowhunter
  1. Dude, take a breath!
  2. Welcome to JKO
  3. Use some punctuation and sentence structure so as not to piss off the people you're asking to take time to answer your questions
  4. SEARCH
  5. SEARCH
  6. SERIOUSLY, F'n SEARCH
  7. Welcome to JKO
  8. Dude, take a breath!

I'll put in more effort if you do. That's the deal.

EDIT: PhrogMech46 summed it up quite well also.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 02-16-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Ok can someone from the east coast please help me? West coasters seem to be not much help........
post #5 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Rock God

700 payments...?

Quote:
Ok can someone from the east coast please help me? West coasters seem to be not much help........
Oh man, you're really off to a good start.

My advice would be to edit your first post. Add some punctuation and break it up a bit. Right now its pretty hard to follow, people won't be able to answer questions like that.

As ExWrench said, use the search feature.

Last edited by Cavallini03; 02-16-2014 at 05:57 PM.
post #6 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 07:51 PM
JKO Addict!

A stock jeep will do just fine getting in and out of hunting grounds. Take the $3500 and pay down your loan.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #7 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

i would really like to help you with your problem but no matter how hard
i tried i could not understand wtf you were talking about. good intro to
JKO. so this is you're fourth jeep huh? like someone said above. use the search feature.
Attached Images

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #8 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Well, I will take a whack at it...
Sounds like you are wanting to run 35's on a budget. If this is the case, you could throw on a 2.5" budget boost from someplace like Rough Country (only product I would recommend from them btw) for about $140 on Amazon , then trim your factory fenders or buy a set of flat fenders. You may get minor rubbing, depending on the backspacing of the wheels you decide on. A search in the forums will help you figure out what backspacing will work. I can't remember if the top of my head. As "thedirtman" mentioned, the Jeep will do great stock, especially if you aren't doing hard core stuff. If you really want to be happy with your ride, go with a high quality lift like Rock Krawler or Teraflex or Metalcloak etc. You will have a much better driving experience on and off Road. If this truly is your dream Jeep, you want it to ride that way. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck with your build!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you don't like it, go break it!

'07 JKRU
3.5" RK X-Factor Lift on 37x12.5x17 MTR-K's wrapped around AEV Pintler Wheels
post #9 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Granite Guru

I'll try too.

Like you Jeepbowhunter, I'm new to Jks after having several other Jeeps. I have a 2dr 2007 Rubi and absolutely love it! It is my daily driver, but my commute is only 5 miles each way. When I bought it, it came with a 2 inch budget boost and stock tires. The thing wheels great and I have only locked the axles once just to make sure they work. I do belong to a 4 wheel club, so I use it regularly off road.

The ride with the budget boost is ok, but I want to run 35 inch tires without cutting the fenders. (My wife doesn't like the look of flat fenders and a happy wife is a happy life) So, after reading (a lot) on this site, I have bought a Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod lift. Once the kit is installed, I will buy a set of Duratrac 315/70/17 tires (they are just shy of 35 inchs) to use on my stock rims. To use the stock rims, I will need to buy 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I've decided on using Spidertrax spacers based on the recommendations from most of the people on this site and others.

Also, because the tires are close to 35 inches, I will be cutting about 2 inches off the rear pinch seams. This is to keep the tire from being cut while off road.

Why I will use the above stuff:
RK 2.5 lift... RK makes a great product and they support veterans and the military at every opportunity.

Duratrac tires... From everything I've read, they are great all around tires. I regularly have my family in the Jeep and I want the JK to handle on the road as good as possible. I would have bought a true 35 inch tires if the Duratrac came in that size.

Spidertrax 1.5 spacer... As I researched the site, it became obvious that most people run a spacer for tires with a size of 285/70/17 or larger. This is to keep the tire from rubbing on the sway bar. Spidertrax seems to be the spacer of choice because it is hub centric. I'm not completely sure what that means, but almost everyone on the site that appears to know much more than me (which is almost everyone) mentions it as a "must have."

I did think about running a Toyo 285/75/17 (33.8 inches if I remember right) and keeping the 2 inch budget boost. But like you, I have a 2 door and running an E rated tire with such a light JK didn't make since to me. Also, with some of the runs the club goes on here in Northern California, the guys in my club thought I should get at least a 315/ 70/17 tire.

All of this is what I am doing... I do not portray myself as an expert in any way. The guys on this site are very helpful, but make sure you take the time to post in a way that is as easy as possible to read. Like someone else wrote... If you take the time, so will they. Oh and by the way... SEARCH the site to see if your questions have been asked and answered previously.

Last edited by Bart; 02-16-2014 at 09:22 PM.
post #10 of 68 Old 02-16-2014, 09:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Tell me about it. My cousin is from the east coast and always tells me how insentive west coasters are. I think what those cruel assholes were trying to say is that if you used punctuation like a big boy we wouldn't have to struggle to understand what in the fuck you actually want. Your lack of punctuation is weird considering your love of tripling up on periods randomly. Oh and emoticon use is like men carrying mini dogs in satchels, it's kinda homo.

Welcome to JKO from my cousin and Estaban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
Had to google this...

Last edited by bsack; 02-16-2014 at 09:25 PM.
post #11 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 12:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
Tell me about it. My cousin is from the east coast and always tells me how insentive west coasters are. I think what those cruel assholes were trying to say is that if you used punctuation like a big boy we wouldn't have to struggle to understand what in the fuck you actually want. Your lack of punctuation is weird considering your love of tripling up on periods randomly. Oh and emoticon use is like men carrying mini dogs in satchels, it's kinda homo.

You're a long ways from shit shat aren't-cha boy.

And to keep it on topic...

Here's everything you'll need to know;
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39313

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!

Last edited by Abacabb; 02-17-2014 at 12:58 AM.
post #12 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 04:01 AM
Granite Guru

Well hopefully you get everything you want for that truck. i had to drop 1800 on my car. but on topic now, why not wait to build up that money and give you time to really find what you want. I searched high and low for the right front bumper. If you want to do it right now go for it just do your research.
IMHO I would do the lift first. Then if you hate how your jeep looks a tad higher on your stocker throw bigger tires on the stock rims, (I love the stock rims from the new new Jeeps). Maybe when you get sick of those, get the rims.
Wait to build up that money you want to throw on the Jeep if you want to do it all at once, do it right! Good Luck, and for the record i read your post fine( Im horrible with spacing and punctuation) Good luck with your search

Nick, I use the word AWESOME a lot.
2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
post #13 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 04:57 AM
DaK
Rock God

If this is going to be a daily driver and just to go to the hunting ground then why waste the money on 35's? Most of the hunting areas I've been to are accessed by fire roads and with that, 33's should do you fine. With 33's you most likely won't have to invest in anything more than a budget boost. Since you will be out in the woods I would put some rock rails on the Jeep but would stick with something like ACE. No sense in spending the money on Rockhard or Poison Spyder units.
post #14 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 06:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
You're a long ways from shit shat aren't-cha boy.

And to keep it on topic...

Here's everything you'll need to know;
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39313
This guy comes in here goin' all Tupac and Biggie and you scummy East Coasters fall for it.
love you, East Coasters!

Bump:
Good luck in your adventure OP, we look forward to seeing how your rig turns out

Quote:
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Had to google this...
post #15 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 07:30 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Well at least he titled it appropriately !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #16 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Rock God

I go to work for a few hours and Bsack makes his first post outside of Chit-Chat, what is the world coming to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post

His use of triple periods makes up for where they aren't being used in the rest of the paragraph...

I wonder where the OP lives since he seems to dislike people on the west coast.

Edit: Ohio.

Last edited by Cavallini03; 02-17-2014 at 04:53 PM.
post #17 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Well, thanks for the help thedirtman,landoom,Bart,new adventure,dak.i really appreciate your feedback and your sincere help with my post.Now with that said the rest of the comments are from a bunch of pussy ass faggots who are probably sitting in there mom and dad's basement trolling because there not men enough to confront anyone other than through the internet. I just wanted some help but there are always a bunch of loudmouth asswipes that always have to make it bad for a normal working guy.My mom and dad don't buy me parts for my jeep I have to work for everything I get and I would never take any support from the state I reside in because I'm to lazy to work.Now some of you might take offense to this and good that's what I'm saying it for.This is for all the ones who was a smart ass,if I was closer I would dump a load of love in your mom and sisters but ther probably so fucking ugly only your dads would fuck them,yes that's insest for all you treehugging California pussys so fuck all you candy ass pussys who hide behind your computers I'm sorry for all those fags who worry so much about punctuation I thought you was supposed to be jeep people man jeep people around here would give you a good old fashion ass woopin and bitch slapping real quick so goodby to you and good luck in life you will need it
post #18 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Granite Guru

Subscribed

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #19 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

DANG!!!! are the MODS gunna keep you around OP, only you, will find that one out soon. wow atleast you got that off your chest. but first, tell us how you really feel!

Nick, I use the word AWESOME a lot.
2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
post #20 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Random Dude

Wow . . . now I regret being so nice in my first reply. This wasn't in chit-chat, but you just shit up your own thread so I figure this is OK.

I didn't use the words "troll" or "dipshit" because I wanted to give you the chance to appear to be neither.

I'm guessing troll, but I am totally open to the dipshit explanation.

As for all of your insults, had you taken some of our constructive criticism to heart, they would be intelligible, you illiterate dude-nectar depository.
YOU'RE NOT EVEN WORTH FUCKING UP IN NINJA TEXT, YOU WORTHLESS SHITSTAIN.
Have a nice life. I'll save my time for people that matter . . . at all

If you wish to hurl insults at my back, "you win". You get to be king dipshit in your world. I'll settle for being an average dude in a worthwhile world.

I'm guessing troll, but I am totally open to the dipshit explanation.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #21 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Rock God

Even jeep people need punctuation, to understand what the fucking hell you are talking about. This is the most helpful group of people I know. You done fucked that up "dipshit".

P.S. if my momma heard you talk like that towards her she'd dump her foot up your ass, but than again, you might like ass play, butt pirate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #22 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 05:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Jeepmanbowhunter with that attitude you will not last long around here. I'm not a grammar nazi but how the fuck can you expect us to help your dumb ass when you are unable to convey your thoughts. Don't get all butt hurt with us because you were unable to get past the 5th grade. Its all good though have a nice day, take a GED course, and go fuck yourself.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #23 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 05:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Well, thanks for the help thedirtman,landoom,Bart,new adventure,dak.i really appreciate your feedback and your sincere help with my post.Now with that said the rest of the comments are from a bunch of pussy ass faggots who are probably sitting in there mom and dad's basement trolling because there not men enough to confront anyone other than through the internet. I just wanted some help but there are always a bunch of loudmouth asswipes that always have to make it bad for a normal working guy.My mom and dad don't buy me parts for my jeep I have to work for everything I get and I would never take any support from the state I reside in because I'm to lazy to work.Now some of you might take offense to this and good that's what I'm saying it for.This is for all the ones who was a smart ass,if I was closer I would dump a load of love in your mom and sisters but ther probably so fucking ugly only your dads would fuck them,yes that's insest for all you treehugging California pussys so fuck all you candy ass pussys who hide behind your computers I'm sorry for all those fags who worry so much about punctuation I thought you was supposed to be jeep people man jeep people around here would give you a good old fashion ass woopin and bitch slapping real quick so goodby to you and good luck in life you will need it
No love for Californians?

Quote:
Quote:
Had to google this...

Last edited by bsack; 02-17-2014 at 05:28 PM.
post #24 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 08:18 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

TJ Keith ????

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #25 of 68 Old 02-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Granite Guru

Jeepmanbowhunter,
Even though I can't wait to leave California... Fuck you!!!! Sorry I tried to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode