How Are You Routing Your Front Brake Lines? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-13-2014, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

How Are You Routing Your Front Brake Lines?

Title says it!

When I got my JK back from the lift installer my front brake lines were left hanging like this! SERIOUSLY!

I'm curious how ya'll route and secure your front brake lines.

Please post 'em up and show us how you address this problem.

Thanks, Mr. King

"You come in to this world naked and screaming. If you go out the same way, you broke even; Everything else is a plus!" My friend, George

"Opinions are also like bellybuttons. They're not good for a damn thing, but you sure would feel left out if you didn't have one." Dad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Granite Guru

When I installed my RK lift that's how they suggested you run them...I have never had any issues.

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

Ordered a 2015 2 door Rubicon 3-23-15
post #3 of 8 Old 02-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. King View Post
Title says it!

When I got my JK back from the lift installer my front brake lines were left hanging like this! SERIOUSLY!

I'm curious how ya'll route and secure your front brake lines.

Please post 'em up and show us how you address this problem.

Thanks, Mr. King
I have the AEV 2.5" lift and they supply you with Zipties to tie it to the shocks. This is only to keep it out of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Granite Guru

I installed stainless lines that came with a bracket that keeps them away from things. Got them from Rock Krawler

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited. Auto. Mods: 3.5 RK Max Travel Kit, RK tie rod. 35" Nitto Trail Grappers. Eaton 4 Pinion E-Lockers front and rear. Nitro 30 spline chrome moly front axles. Yukon 5.13 gears/Cyrotreated. Sleeved and gusseted front axle. Dynatrac ball joints. Mopar big brake kit, Advance Adaptors 4wd shift linkage, Tom Woods front and rear driveshaft. Ace Rock Sliders. Terra Flex hinged tire carrier, Carolina Metal Masters grab bars. Exp One Frt Bumper. Warn Zeon 12 Winch.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

This is an old picture but I pretty much left mine hanging. No issues after three years of wheeling like that. If the terrain appears to have a lot of possibility to yank e6n like downed trees and stuff I sill zip tie them. For the most part tabulate fine though

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #6 of 8 Old 02-17-2014, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Anybody Else...

Or is this a non-issue? Everyone just lets 'em hang?

The way mine were left I felt that a minimal amount of droop could allow the brake fluid to be liberated from the line and possibly wreck the ABS sensor wire.

I did reroute the lines between the spring and shock and added the tie-wraps. After breaking the tie-wrap on one side I still think it is less than an optimal solution.

Letting mine just hang was absolutely out of the question.

I get the double entendre...

C'mon y'all, show/tell us how you handled it (the brake and ABS lines).

Mr. King

"You come in to this world naked and screaming. If you go out the same way, you broke even; Everything else is a plus!" My friend, George

"Opinions are also like bellybuttons. They're not good for a damn thing, but you sure would feel left out if you didn't have one." Dad
post #7 of 8 Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have routed mine along the ABS/wheel sensor lines, and tied to the shock. I have torn out 1 wheel sensor already, and like to keep the lines tucked up. Branches can be harsh.

2011 Unlimited Rubicon
Currently: Henderson, CO
post #8 of 8 Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Granite Guru

Pics of my work-around: zip-tied ABS to brake line, and then clips with springs to keep the slack out of the tires when I turn. (added pics!)

2010 Red Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed - Traded!

2014 Red Unlimited Rubicon X 6 speed - starting over!

Last edited by membrain; 02-20-2014 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode