Different size coil spacers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-13-2014, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Different size coil spacers

My jeep has the "JK gangster lean" and after I added my Ace rear bumper it sags in the back a little. I'm trying to get it sitting level side to side and front to back. Would it hurt anything if I ran different size spacers? I'm thinking 3/4 spacer on passenger rear, 1/2 on Driver rear and 1/2 on passenger front. If this works the way I think it should I will be level all the way around. Thoughts?

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

Ordered a 2015 2 door Rubicon 3-23-15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-13-2014, 09:29 AM
Rock God

Garage

I wouldn't stack spacers, but there's no issues with putting different spacers front vs rear.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #3 of 6 Old 02-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Rock God

I don't see what the big deal would be. Not sitting level would drive me crazy. Use a bandsaw to cut to size. I cut my front ones down a 1/4" but are same size. I am assuming you mean different sizes to level each corner. I don't see an issue. I mean if you picked up a 600lb Friday night nasty you were gonna carry home I am sure the jeep would drive fine .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestespd5 View Post
My jeep has the "JK gangster lean" and after I added my Ace rear bumper it sags in the back a little. I'm trying to get it sitting level side to side and front to back. Would it hurt anything if I ran different size spacers? I'm thinking 3/4 spacer on passenger rear, 1/2 on Driver rear and 1/2 on passenger front. If this works the way I think it should I will be level all the way around. Thoughts?
You can do that no problem if it is off level like that. Mine sits pretty level side to side if I am on flat ground.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-13-2014, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
I wouldn't stack spacers, but there's no issues with putting different spacers front vs rear.
I'm not running any spacers right now. I have a 6 month old RK 2.5 lift. It's leaning "passenger side" 3/4" in front and 1/2" in the rear. And after the Ace bumper I'm sagging about 5/8" in the rear

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

post #6 of 6 Old 02-13-2014, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Attachment 119473

Last edited by orestespd5; 08-27-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode