Set on a new Unlimited in Hydro Blue. Polar or Freedom? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-09-2014, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Set on a new Unlimited in Hydro Blue. Polar or Freedom?

Went and test drove a Freedom Edition JKU today, loved it.

They quoted me 34,825 + TTL, but I'm sure I can get it a little cheaper. Things I didn't like is that it had 3.21 gears, no tow pkg, no remote start. I'm torn on the black top. http://www.hallchryslerdodgejeep.com...port-v1511031/

I also found a polar edition here that is advertised at 38,499. http://www.pomoco.com/New-2014-Jeep-...VA/vd/18751146

I really like that the Polar Edition as it has the remote start & max tow package, but those can be added later for $1,600ish and still come out ahead on the freedom edition pricing. Plus when I actually get around to upgrading to 35" tires I may want 4.10s anyway. My main source of indecision is do I want the color matched hard top or not.

Which vehicle would you choose? What price would you pay before TTL?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-09-2014, 03:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Neither. No way I'm spending $40k for a sticker package.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #3 of 14 Old 02-09-2014, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
Neither. No way I'm spending $40k for a sticker package.
Isn't the Freedom Edition basically a Sahara. It's priced almost identical within $1K. I understand the Polar is too, but has different hood, wheels, tires, interior, color matched tops etc. While it's not rubicon, it's basically a nicely equipped sahara and has a bit of a premium ~3k over the Freedom Ediiton/Sahara.

Last edited by JCDriller; 02-09-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDriller View Post
Went and test drove a Freedom Edition JKU today, loved it.

They quoted me 34,825 + TTL, but I'm sure I can get it a little cheaper. Things I didn't like is that it had 3.21 gears, no tow pkg, no remote start. I'm torn on the black top. http://www.hallchryslerdodgejeep.com...port-v1511031/

I also found a polar edition here that is advertised at 38,499. http://www.pomoco.com/New-2014-Jeep-...VA/vd/18751146

I really like that the Polar Edition as it has the remote start & max tow package, but those can be added later for $1,600ish and still come out ahead on the freedom edition pricing. Plus when I actually get around to upgrading to 35" tires I may want 4.10s anyway. My main source of indecision is do I want the color matched hard top or not.

Which vehicle would you choose? What price would you pay before TTL?
lol Is this what Wrangler buyers really have come to?

'09 JK Unlimited Rubicon

Eh.
post #5 of 14 Old 02-09-2014, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf_412 View Post
lol Is this what Wrangler buyers really have come to?
Thanks for the warm welcome, so glad I stopped in. So is this how everyone without a Rubicon gets treated?
post #6 of 14 Old 02-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Rock God

Lol the just busting your balls because of how much jeeps Cost now and the fact that you are stuck between a rock and a hard place about remote start and a tow package at 40k....

Btw I don't think most people have rubicons, there are plenty of sport, x, Sahara and special edition owners around, most peoples first questions are more about which lift and tires are the best.

Welcome to jko, there are plenty of Good guys around here, do some reading before posting about lifts and what not, those threads have been beaten with sticks over and over again

Sent from inside the Death Star

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #7 of 14 Old 02-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Granite Guru

I'll actually give you advice . Just get a tread lightly membership and then you can get it for 1 percent under invoice. But really if your ready to drop 40k why don't you get a rubi.?

2011 Rubicon-2 door- 35" Trail Grappler-2.5" tera flex-Stubby Schrockworks-20" led bar
post #8 of 14 Old 02-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome, so glad I stopped in. So is this how everyone without a Rubicon gets treated?
No. Everyone doesn't have Rubicon's. Actually quite the contrary. A LOT of built Sport's/X/Sahara's. It is just funny that Wranglers that started out as nothing but basic off road machines turn into guys wondering about heated leather seats and remote start for $40K.

If I was buying a brand new JK, I would still get a Sport and build it to my specs. I am not into these "special" editions that just take your money for nothing more than appearance. If you aren't into 3.21 gears (who is) and if you don't plan on re-gear right away I would skip that one.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #9 of 14 Old 02-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
No. Everyone doesn't have Rubicon's. Actually quite the contrary. A LOT of built Sport's/X/Sahara's. It is just funny that Wranglers that started out as nothing but basic off road machines turn into guys wondering about heated leather seats and remote start for $40K.

If I was buying a brand new JK, I would still get a Sport and build it to my specs. I am not into these "special" editions that just take your money for nothing more than appearance. If you aren't into 3.21 gears (who is) and if you don't plan on re-gear right away I would skip that one.

-Dan
Right there with you Daniel. My wife was talking to me this weekend about trading our 2 door for a 4 door. I immedietly started looking at the cheapest used JKU i could find. Found one for llike 18, but i dont know if i can do it.

Only way i will let it happen is if she lets me go Tons and 40s lol!
post #10 of 14 Old 02-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Granite Guru

Sport Unlimited 26,484 (truecar, 80226 zipcode)
Quick disconnects for sway bar
Locker front and rear
Katzkin leather
Rock krawler 2.5 inch long arm
35 inch tires
jvc, kenwood, alpine dvd with navigation
set of universal headrest monitors (back seat passengers)
set of front and rear billet grab handles from carolina metal masters

above should run you less than 15k installed...
post #11 of 14 Old 02-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Plus when I actually get around to upgrading to 35" tires I may want 4.10s anyway. My main source of indecision is do I want the color matched hard top or not.

Which vehicle would you choose??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
I am not into these "special" editions that just take your money for nothing more than appearance. If you aren't into 3.21 gears (who is) and if you don't plan on re-gear right away I would skip that one.

-Dan
Personally I steer clear of the color matched tops. It is personal choice, but they remind me of delivery vans or ambulances.

I agree with Daniel, avoid 3.21 gears. You are likely to find you want 4.56 or 4.88 with 35's, though 4.1 is doable. And( personally) I think your dollars are better spent on non-special-addition vehicles. I also echo whoever said why not go Rubicon out of the chute?

So I'd pass both Jeeps.

Welcome to JKO. I've been flamed before. Will be again. But this is a good forum, the best I belong to. The information here is good, so stick around.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
post #12 of 14 Old 02-10-2014, 11:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The part that baffles me is paying a Rubicon price for a Sport/Sahara with some stickers on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #13 of 14 Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Decided to go with the Freedom Edition got it for 34k with a remote start installed in addition to the window sticker linked above. Feel good about the price. It's a small premium over the sport/sahara with similar options, but make a nicer vehicle for me. Will most likely be mall crawler that sees a few camping trips a year and goes to the mountains for ski trips. Not a rock crawler.

GSD already likes it Tomorrow the star sticker on the hood comes off.

post #14 of 14 Old 02-10-2014, 08:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Decided to go with the Freedom Edition got it for 34k with a remote start installed in addition to the window sticker linked above. Feel good about the price. It's a small premium over the sport/sahara with similar options, but make a nicer vehicle for me. Will most likely be mall crawler that sees a few camping trips a year and goes to the mountains for ski trips. Not a rock crawler.

GSD already likes it Tomorrow the star sticker on the hood comes off.

I like the color and the pup.
Thanks for not getting the horrendous matching top.

and good call on the star.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode