Help finding a non winch bumper - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Help finding a non winch bumper

I've been losing sleep trying to decide on a set of f and r bumpers.

I want matching front and rear and trying to stay light. I want a stubby front. I do not plan on running a winch, at least not anytime soon. Aesthetically, I had it narrowed down to PSC Brawler Lite and JCR Stubby Dagger. The problem I'm having is that without a winch, they look like a big ass park bench sticking way too far forward (no offense to those running them w/out a winch), depending on the angle of the pic. I haven't seen them in person. But I've scoured the net and have seen sooo many pics that I'm ready to give up.

So, looking for a front stubby that doesn't stick way out. Made in USA. Fairly lightweight. I want to keep my fog lights. And I want the bumper to go to the edge of the grill, unlike the PSC BFH. Am I chasing a unicorn?

Any reason why I don't see many MetalCloak bumpers around? I found several links to their bumpers, but not many JK's. A non winch front with the short end caps comes in around 50 lbs. Just haven't found any good pics. Not 100% sold on the modular look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Granite Guru

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87462

Check out VKS. He has all kinds of different combos of that bumper. If you look in his sig there are links for stubby and shorty.

'64 CJ-5, '74 Bronco, '79 CJ-7, '84 CJ-7, '92 XJ, '96 XJ, '99 XJ, '01 TJ, '01 XJ, 2013 JKU.

2013 Commando Green JKU
35x12.50/17 Falken Rocky Moutain ATS
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
Diablo Sport Trinity (garbage)
Sleeve, Truss, ARB, Chromo D30
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2014, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah Ive seen his stuff. He's got a PM. Meanwhile I continue staring at pics. I've been at this for months and months. I need to hurry and find the best price on PSC flares while I'm at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-31-2014, 07:21 AM
Granite Guru

Lol, I feel your pain man, I'm in the same boat. Keep lookin at bumpers but can't seem to pull the trigger cut I hate being unhappy with shit I pay lots of money for.

'64 CJ-5, '74 Bronco, '79 CJ-7, '84 CJ-7, '92 XJ, '96 XJ, '99 XJ, '01 TJ, '01 XJ, 2013 JKU.

2013 Commando Green JKU
35x12.50/17 Falken Rocky Moutain ATS
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
Diablo Sport Trinity (garbage)
Sleeve, Truss, ARB, Chromo D30
post #5 of 5 Old 02-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Granite Guru

Attachment 117449

Attachment 117457

Stock bumper chopped with aftermarket metal end caps. Very light weight. (Can't seem to down size photos)

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants

Last edited by ratchettt; 02-01-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode