Who has swapped their transfer case in a 2012+ auto? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-29-2014, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Who has swapped their transfer case in a 2012+ auto?

Who has swapped their tcase in a '12+ automatic to a rubi tcase or atlas? I know the 12+ auto transfer cases are not interchangeable with the cases of previous year JKs or ones that come from a manual. In addition, I'm not getting a lot of clear answers as to how the 12+ auto transmission PCM needs to be reprogrammed for a different low gear ratio. I hear I can send off my PCM to get flashed, however, their flash may get wiped by my AEV procal that i'm using for axle gear ratio/tire size, etc.
AEV is supposedly coming out w/ a new procal that that can program the low gear ratio, but the person I spoke to at AEV didn't seem too sure about my specific application.

If someone that knows for sure, or has done this swap could chime it, that'd be helpful.

2012 JKU - 37" MTRs, RIPP Supercharger, ProRock44, 4.88s, ARB lockers F/R, RCVs, Reid knuckles, Poly'd steering, armor/skids, bunch of other stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2014, 01:17 PM

Did some research into this when I had my 2012. Superchip now has the programming to change the ratio in the trans module. Talked to Burnsville about reprogramming the trans module and it can be done but you can no long use a programmer with the reflash. They said it would wipe out the flash. So superchips is the way to go.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Hmm, I see that the superchips has an option for "transfer case Hi and Lo," but that looks to be for configuring axle lock options for rubis--Unless I'm missing something.

2012 JKU - 37" MTRs, RIPP Supercharger, ProRock44, 4.88s, ARB lockers F/R, RCVs, Reid knuckles, Poly'd steering, armor/skids, bunch of other stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode