Insurance - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-29-2014, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Insurance

I got to thinking about how much money I've put into the Jeep the other day, then actually added it up. After I picked myself up off the floor I called my Allstate agent to ask if the Jeep would be covered for the rather elevated value, and of course it's not. He said it is only covered up to book value. He also stated they can not wright a policy for higher value. Approx value in the 70K range with supporting receipts.

My question to the group is what are most doing about this. I certainly don't want to self insure 45K plus. I don't daily drive it, but when I do take it around town I worry about thieving bastards, as well as the moronic drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Wheeler

I use American National. Insure at a stated value, with an appraisal. Its up to you what you pay and what you're covered for. They knowingly insure my supercharged 6.1 hemi JKUR, with mods...
post #3 of 4 Old 01-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Rock God

its something ive started to consider now that my jeep is no longer brand new and starting to decline in value.

before it was pretty much covered due to the insane costs of oem parts being at or near the cost to replace any of the parts ive put on.

now it would be a lot easier for it to be totaled out on a small incident instead of being fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-29-2014, 10:17 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96zjlimited View Post
I use American National. Insure at a stated value, with an appraisal. Its up to you what you pay and what you're covered for. They knowingly insure my supercharged 6.1 hemi JKUR, with mods...
This won't work for a Daily Driver. It's a specialty policy for cars they consider collector cars, but most most companies require reduced use and proof that you have another car that you use regularly, as well as other guidelines to qualify. It sounds like that fits your situation. There are also agents that ignore the rules and write the policies anyway, but it can become a nightmare.

As for the OP most of us are out of luck if we have to use our own policy, but if the accident is someone elses fault they will have to pay in most situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode