The JK lean - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The JK lean

I have a 2011 2 door JK with a 2.5 RK flex that is about 6 months old. I noticed the driver side is 3/4" higher in the front and 1/2" higher is the rear. My question is would it hurt anything to put coils spacers on the passager side only to bring it back level? Not sure If I should do a 3/4" in the front and a 1/2" in the rear or keep them the same size and put 1/2" on both front and rear. Im kinda OCD so the lean really bothers me or i would just leave it.

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

Ordered a 2015 2 door Rubicon 3-23-15

Last edited by orestespd5; 01-28-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 06:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

It would not hurt anything at all.

Just check the axle positioning, front caster, and rear pinion angle to make sure they are all correct so the coil loads are correct. Sometimes accessorizing your jeep can lead to things like this..

RK
post #3 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Why did my jeep not lean when it was stock? Or did it lean for the 1st few months after I put the lift on. I haven't done any "accessorizing" in the last few months. It looks it just happened out of the blue. Some people told me the coils have settled that's Why it's sagging. I do not know if that's true but I was told RK triple rate coils was supposed to correct this.

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

Last edited by orestespd5; 01-29-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 AM
JKO Addict!

It is just one of the great mysteries of the universe, like why dog's feet smell like Fritos. We all just know about it, and some of us like you address it in various ways.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #5 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Wheeler

I was reading about this a few weeks ago because I noticed my Jeep had the lean also. The best answer I found was that it has to do with the gas tank being on the right side. Idk if that's the reason but like I said it was the best answer I found.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I can understand the gas tank theory if it's always done it but it just started recently.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Wheeler

Almost all cars/trucks "lean" due to expected weight of the driver from what I understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode