75k Tune up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-20-2014, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

75k Tune up

Hey guys, i have a couple posts here and there, and been reading a tad. can't find anything I want. Im looking for some tune up answers.
1. im at about 78k and thinking about a complete oil change. engine, tranny, and diffs. is this a good idea and fluids?
2. spark plugs and wires. i know most modern vehicles have great stock plugs to go to 100k.
3. cabin filter? do these things even have them?

Please let me know anything else i should look for and replace. I take delivery tomorrow and will do a detailed inspection for the next 2 days. I can't drive it till I have the title and register it. Thanks in advance for all the tips and tricks!

Nick, I use the word AWESOME a lot.
2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

What is a RazorLED Jeep?

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
/

post #3 of 6 Old 01-20-2014, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Sorry. Its just a normal 07 JK U and all done up by RazorLED.net... lights everywhere great lift and 33's

2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAdventure View Post
Hey guys, i have a couple posts here and there, and been reading a tad. can't find anything I want. Im looking for some tune up answers.
1. im at about 78k and thinking about a complete oil change. engine, tranny, and diffs. is this a good idea and fluids?
2. spark plugs and wires. i know most modern vehicles have great stock plugs to go to 100k.
3. cabin filter? do these things even have them?

Please let me know anything else i should look for and replace. I take delivery tomorrow and will do a detailed inspection for the next 2 days. I can't drive it till I have the title and register it. Thanks in advance for all the tips and tricks!
I think it's a good idea. I like ND or NGK spark plugs and am running NGK in mine. I use Lucas synthetic in my diffs(can't remember the weight), Mobile One oil 5/20 and Mopar filter. Iv'e been buying Napa replacemet plug wires and air filters, but plan on putting a K&N in when I can remember to order one. Mine does not have a cabin filter, but the newer ones might. I take mine to the dealer for transmission and coolant flushes, but it's an automatic. If it were a manual I'd probably do it myself. My only tip is buy lots of bandaids. Jeeps require lots of blood sacrifices or they don't run right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post
What is a RazorLED Jeep?
The kind that are way cooler than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #5 of 6 Old 01-20-2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

haha Thanks! Yea i was deff thinking plugs wires oil change and it is a Manual. Ill look in the write ups or get haynes manual. Iv been working on a GM for the past 3 years. I love mobil 1. I prob wont go full synthetic. You think a synthetic mix would be healthy?
Its nothing special of a jeep just a VERY clean rescue green with lots of goodies.

2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
post #6 of 6 Old 01-21-2014, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

ok some fluids new plugs wires what else, i got a belt but the blt is brand new!! ... new air freshener? checked the motor oil and its clean! is there a tranny dip stick?

2007 'Rescue Green' JKU

Last edited by NewAdventure; 01-21-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode