Rugged Ridge Floor Liners disappointment - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Rugged Ridge Floor Liners disappointment

If you are looking at floor liners for your 2012 and newer JK 2 door, do not consider the Rugged Ridge rear liners.
They are extremely too small, do not stay in place, do not offer protection due to their size and are not even big enough for your feet.
I opened up a case with Omix-ADA (parent company) and attached below is their response.

01/19/2014 8:56 am - Me
I have purchased Rugged Ridge products for years. First for my 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ and now for my 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK. I have always enjoyed the price,
quality and fitment of the products. They have always been great
and worked and fit as they should.
I purchased the Rugged Ridge Front, Rear and Cargo liners for my new Jeep Wrangler JK 2-door and I have to say
that I (along with many others) am extremely disappointed with the Rear floor liners for this model.
They are entirely too small and do not provide the coverage and protection necessary and dont even fit correctly.
I belong to several Jeep Internet Forums and this problem is repeatedly discussed by many members.
I have attached pictures to show the problem described here.
It would be a simple matter of changing the size of these liners to provide the correct fitment and protection.
Please reply with your comments and suggestions for moving forward about this.

01/20/2014 10:43 am - Josh Densmore
Hello Bill,
The reason for this is the floorboard was changed and whereas these fit both the 07-11 models and the 12-14 models
they do offer slightly less coverage for the 12-14. I asked my engineering team about this and they stated that there
are just few too complaints about this to warrant a new tooling line to produce a 12-14 specific liner that is slightly
larger. Sorry if that may not be the answer you were hoping for, but they said they are monitoring complaints and
fitment returns so they do have a leg to stand on for production cost if they should need to produce a 12-14 specific
liner.

01/20/2014 11:34 am - Me
Thanks for the reply. So let me see if I understand this correctly.
-Jeep changed the size of the rear floorboards in the 2012 and forward Wrangler 2 door.
-Omix-ADA knows of this change.
-Omix-ADA understands this change and the deficiency it creates for proper coverage in these vehicles.
-Omix-ADA has no intention of making the sizing change for these liners.
-Every customer of a 2012 and forward Jeep Wrangler 2 door will experience this issue.
They do not even stay in place and are not even large enough to put your feet in.
You are probably not getting more complaints since Forum members are warning each other not to buy them.
If you have no intentions of doing anything else but close this case then I guess I will have to try and return them and share my experience with others.
Thanks,
Bill

01/20/2014 11:44 am - Josh Densmore
Hello Bill,
I am sorry these are not exactly what you are hoping for. I have sent this information along to the engineering team
so they can review what you've said, I have also informed them to check the forums for the complaints that you
have addressed. But currently these would be the only liners we offer for the rear of your 2 door Wrangler.
If you are truly unhappy with the fit I would recommend returning them.

01/20/2014 12:15 pm
Please understand this is not a complaint from an unreasonable or unhappy customer.
This discussion is to let you know of a real defect in your product.
It does not fit the vehicle as described and does not provide the protection described in the sales literature and
descriptions. It is misleading for a company to admit they understand the failure of the product to perform as
described and to still continue to sell the product.
As time passes and more customers buy these liners and they experience the same failure, then you are just
accumulating customers that are unhappy with their product purchase from your company.
Why wouldn't you just fix the issue and offer the best quality product you can and have extremely happy
customers willing to keep buying your products and sharing their positive experience?
Thanks,
Bill
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode