Fumoto Oil Pan Valve - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Fumoto Oil Pan Valve

For those of you using the Fumoto valve with an oil pan/engine skid, which skid are you using and are there any clearance issues with the valve?

How do you like the valve?

Do you have any issues with it, i.e. accidentally opening, leaking, etc.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio View Post
For those of you using the Fumoto valve with an oil pan/engine skid, which skid are you using and are there any clearance issues with the valve?

How do you like the valve?

Do you have any issues with it, i.e. accidentally opening, leaking, etc.?
JCR skids with zero issues

Love it. Changed the oil in the driveway yesterday with zero issues. just put a hose on it and dump it. Never had any leaking or opening by accident.
post #3 of 17 Old 01-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Got river raider skids. No issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 01-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Wheeler

Fumoto Valve

I have the RockHard skids and I had to notch the "splash" guard to clear the valve. I also made mods to a friends Rock Hard skid by moving the hole.

The valve has been great with no leaks. The Rock Hard skids don't line up with the 2012 drain plug even though I have the updated part number specifically for the 2012s.

I bought the Fumoto valve because of this mis-alignment issue. Now oil changes are quick and easy. But if you don't have the tools to cut the splash guard I'd go with another brand of skid plate.
post #5 of 17 Old 01-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Skid Row. No issues at all. Love the Fumoto valve.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #6 of 17 Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Granite Guru

Never heard of it but I want it! Tired of cleaning out my skid. Where do I go to get one ? Okay, never mind. I found it and will look to see which one will work best for me and order one. Thanks !

Last edited by dahreno; 01-13-2014 at 10:33 PM.
post #7 of 17 Old 01-13-2014, 10:20 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDTuono View Post
I have the RockHard skids and I had to notch the "splash" guard to clear the valve. I also made mods to a friends Rock Hard skid by moving the hole.

The valve has been great with no leaks. The Rock Hard skids don't line up with the 2012 drain plug even though I have the updated part number specifically for the 2012s.

I bought the Fumoto valve because of this mis-alignment issue. Now oil changes are quick and easy. But if you don't have the tools to cut the splash guard I'd go with another brand of skid plate.
RockHard skid on 2010 (3.8L) lines up great with the Fumoto drain valve. Love the Fumoto valve - totally happy so far.

EDIT: GET THE VALVE WITH NIPPLE! You can get it with a nipple or without but, if there's room for the nipple, you want that.
Just slide a tube over the nipple and all oil goes into the drain pan. I snap a rubber plug over the nipple between changes to keep dust out.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 01-13-2014 at 10:46 PM.
post #8 of 17 Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
Never heard of it but I want it! Tired of cleaning out my skid. Where do I go to get one ?
Amazon is one source.
post #9 of 17 Old 01-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Granite Guru

I just put one on last month! I have had one on every vehicle I own. They make changing oil so much easier and with no mess. I got the one with the nipple cause of my skids and it works great.
post #10 of 17 Old 01-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Rock God

I've had three Fumoto valves on three different 4x4 vehicles, over 11 years and no problemo-

On the jeep I use the Rockhard oil pan/tranny skid and use a 1' section of 3/8"tubing--clean/no mess/no cleanup and the skid PROTECTS the valve-

Ya gotta protect the valve !

--JIMBO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #11 of 17 Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Wheeler

"On the jeep I use the Rockhard oil pan/tranny skid and use a 1' section of 3/8"tubing--clean/no mess/no cleanup and the skid PROTECTS the valve-

Ya gotta protect the valve !"

--JIMBO

^ what he said and I have a 2008 JK. Skids and valve are great. I also put one one the wife's FJ Cruiser.
post #12 of 17 Old 01-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Wheeler

river raider skids. no issues when using hose. no hose= mess. ive had them on the last 4 vehicles i have owned with 0 issues.

2012 Black JKU , 2.5 RockKrawler lift, 285/75-17 nitto terra's, Custom AtoZ sliders, AtoZ bumper with Quadratec I9500 winch..
post #13 of 17 Old 01-16-2014, 06:32 PM
V8 dreams

mine should be on the door step tomorrow, gonna be using with river raider skids also

2010 Silver JKU
post #14 of 17 Old 01-16-2014, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

A all of you using the Fumoto with skids, are you using the nipple type or the "L" type?
post #15 of 17 Old 01-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Wheeler

I use the Fumoto valve and have the ARB full skid with no problems. Skid has a hole for access to the valve. Makes oil changes real easy.
post #16 of 17 Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio View Post
A all of you using the Fumoto with skids, are you using the nipple type or the "L" type?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
RockHard skid on 2010 (3.8L) lines up great with the Fumoto drain valve. Love the Fumoto valve - totally happy so far.

EDIT: GET THE VALVE WITH NIPPLE! You can get it with a nipple or without but, if there's room for the nipple, you want that.
Just slide a tube over the nipple and all oil goes into the drain pan. I snap a rubber plug over the nipple between changes to keep dust out.
I read somewhere that you want the valve with the nipple.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #17 of 17 Old 01-16-2014, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
I read somewhere that you want the valve with the nipple.
The L can be used with a hose as well. I guess it all depends on the location and size of the skid hole and the valve as to whether you can bend the tube sharply enough to get it through the hole. That's why I'm curious if specific skids require an L or the nipple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode