I have the sickness - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-29-2013, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have the sickness

Great...I just did a bunch of mods on the jeep and got to a point I should be happier and drive it for a while before I see what else I want to do...here is the list on my 2012 jkus
front and rear aftermarket bumpers
RK 2.5 flex with 5100's
evap skid
2" bump stop extensions
I ordered an artec front axle kit for my d30
Misc other stuff
305/75/17 hankook dynapro at/m's on aftermarket wheels
poision spyder licence plate delete
poision spyder tramp stamp with license holder and 3rd brake light
poision spyder bombshell diff covers

so far I'm happy with everything but then I went and saw the deal you can get on h1 37" takeoffs and get a bitch set of wheels built by twf.

Question now is how can I run 37's on the lift I have now and will my artec beefed up d30 handle the abuse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-29-2013, 09:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

With that 2.5 lift you can run 37's just by trimming your fender flares and properly bumpstopping.

Those wheels and tires you are talking about are heavy. You can run 37's on a beefed up D30 but I don't know if I would with those heavy tires and wheels.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 12-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Rock God

5100s seem to be very popular. i have them on my rig (with an RK 2.5 max travel kit) because it was what everyone went with. imo, honestly, they are a bit too harsh for on road driving. offroad they are fantastic, but not that comfy on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 12-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Wheeler

To all the New Jeep owners (J.E.E.P.) for mods this means. Just Empty Every Pocket.

Most of my stock parts are in the garage, more now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-29-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
To all the New Jeep owners (J.E.E.P.) for mods this means. Just Empty Every Pocket.
lol..no kidding!
post #6 of 10 Old 12-29-2013, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon.l View Post
5100s seem to be very popular. i have them on my rig (with an RK 2.5 max travel kit) because it was what everyone went with. imo, honestly, they are a bit too harsh for on road driving. offroad they are fantastic, but not that comfy on the road.
I don't know if I agree...I think that the 5100's with the rk 2.5 flex the ride is quite nice on road. I had a zone 2" bb with their shocks and thought it rode like crap....I think it rides very civilly on road
post #7 of 10 Old 12-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Granite Guru

I have the RK 3.5 and the 5100's with 30k on the setup and feel the ride is very nice comparing it to the stock ruby setup. Just disappointed with the the Bilstien coating that looks like heck. And it turned during the first snow/salting years ago.

1. '10 Rubicon Unlimited
  2. Rock Krawler 3.5 Mid Arm Flex/Bilstein 5100's
  3. Rough Country SS
    4.GDY Duratrac 315/70/17

post #8 of 10 Old 12-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Artec is running 40'S on their dana 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Granite Guru

I agree, the 5100's and RE springs ride plenty good for me. Keep in mind its a damn Jeep, no matter how fancy Chrysler tries to make it for the yuppies and retirees. If you think the 5100's ride rough go hop into a stock CJ-7 and tell me you still think your JK is too harsh for the road.

I also want to run those TWF recentered HMMWV wheels with either some Iroks or the BFG Baja T/A's. I'm really concerned about the weight though. Also, it seems like if you want to upgrade the brakes at all on these things you need to be running 17's at a minimum.

2.5" lift with bumpstop extension? All you need is flat fenders or trimmed fenders and the 37's will fit.

Americans can sleep peaceably at night because US Soldiers stand ready to fight on their behalf

2008 Unlimited Rubicon: 37's, 3" Synergy Springs, Artec trusses, 5.38's, Winch, PSC/Poly Cage, Bumpers, TNT Alum belly skids, and other doodads
post #10 of 10 Old 01-03-2014, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thanks guys....getting the artek setup welded up next week....labor rates for a welder is a bitch though UGGGG...oh well I can't weld so gotta pay to play right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode