The Rise of a JcrOffroad bumper! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

The Rise of a JcrOffroad bumper!

Follow a JK Dagger Stinger cut from a sheet of 4 x 8 steel, through fabrication, and all the way to the shipping department. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and let us know what you think!

JcrOffroad - The Rise of a JCR Bumper - YouTube

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Granite Guru

I'm excited to get my dagger prerunner bumper (any day now), but I hope OSHA doesn't see this video... handling bare metal without gloves, grinding without a face shield. I'd be run off the jobsite if I did that.

How many bumpers can a guy produce a day?

Last edited by TurbineGuy; 12-23-2013 at 03:20 PM.
post #3 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Wheeler

Oh the things I would do if I could use our 4k laser and a press brake where I work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Rock God

Excellent video. Worthy of "How it's made"

post #5 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbineGuy View Post
Around 15-20. Really depends on which ones are being made, tire carriers, prerunners, etc.

Follow us on
post #6 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 05:52 PM
Rock God

The orientation during the step at :50 is critical

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
post #7 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Granite Guru

DIY

Do you sell any JK DIY bumpers? Helped a buddy with your DIY zj bumpers. Pretty sweet.
post #8 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Granite Guru

hopefully one of those made in the video is mine. Still waiting on shipping info, so probably not. I am sure it will get here.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
post #9 of 14 Old 12-23-2013, 08:45 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
I'm excited to get my dagger prerunner bumper (any day now), but I hope OSHA doesn't see this video... handling bare metal without gloves, grinding without a face shield. I'd be run off the jobsite if I did that.

The Epsilon machine they're using is a High Definition cutter, which means that the edges are clean and won't cut you, the guy flap disc finishing the bumper is wearing clear safety glasses the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #10 of 14 Old 12-24-2013, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARUBICON View Post
Do you sell any JK DIY bumpers? Helped a buddy with your DIY zj bumpers. Pretty sweet.
Sorry, we do not at this time.

Follow us on
post #11 of 14 Old 12-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcrOffroad View Post
Around 15-20. Really depends on which ones are being made, tire carriers, prerunners, etc.
That's a pretty good pace. Takes some serious welding skills.
post #12 of 14 Old 12-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
The Epsilon machine they're using is a High Definition cutter, which means that the edges are clean and won't cut you, the guy flap disc finishing the bumper is wearing clear safety glasses the whole time.
I work in energy (power plants), our rules are probably a bit draconian since it's so high profile as far as OSHA goes. We have to double up (glasses and faceshield) when grinding. Gloves are worn pretty much doing everything. A whole lot of other BS as well. But I'm not complaining... it pays well and supports my Jeep habit.
post #13 of 14 Old 12-24-2013, 11:18 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
I work in energy (power plants), our rules are probably a bit draconian since it's so high profile as far as OSHA goes. We have to double up (glasses and faceshield) when grinding. Gloves are worn pretty much doing everything. A whole lot of other BS as well. But I'm not complaining... it pays well and supports my Jeep habit.
Draconian or not, safety is important. Someone just posted a picture on my Facebook feed a week ago of a guy with half of a 6" grinding disc stuck in his cheek. I grind with a full face shield and glasses, 20 dollars is a good investment to keep my beautiful face in tact.

JCR - Do you have more footage of the Epsilon in action, that machine is sooo nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #14 of 14 Old 12-25-2013, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Here's it cutting 3/4" mild steel, 130 Amp:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AhWUDsqqu0g

Here's cutting 1/8" mild steel, 50 Amp:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2YJmTq4PQ

Follow us on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode