What fenders are these? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 12-12-2013, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Norm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 687
Feedback: 4 reviews
What fenders are these?

To me they look like a combination of Poison Spyder and TJ Metal Cloak fenders...

Any help would be appreciated!


STOMPER Off-Road
Norm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 Old 12-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Wheeler
 
knixon804's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Traverse city
Posts: 41
Feedback: 0 reviews

I'm curious too

10 JKU ud60s, 40" trail grapplers, kmc machete, blower and some aluminum
LJ Ls6 stroker 408. 60/14bolt. 42s. Bypass/coil over.
knixon804 is offline  
post #3 of 31 Old 12-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Rock God
 
Beastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Old Pubelo
Posts: 941
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

I don't see a picture
Attached Images
 

If you are going through hell, keep going.

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Beastmaster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 Old 12-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Rock God
 
Cavallini03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 990
Feedback: 0 reviews

Those have to be custom.
Where did you find that picture?
Cavallini03 is offline  
post #5 of 31 Old 12-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Rock God
 
Cavallini03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 990
Feedback: 0 reviews

After some searching. That's DailyJK's Jeep. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/member.php?u=17415

They are a custom set made my Dok-Tech motorsports. https://www.facebook.com/DokTechMotorsports

Last edited by Cavallini03; 12-12-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Cavallini03 is offline  
post #6 of 31 Old 12-12-2013, 08:51 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Thisguyhasadd42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, Ill
Age: 31
Posts: 2,533
Feedback: 1 reviews

Those are badass! Kinda remind me of metalcloaks for the Tj.

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
Thisguyhasadd42 is offline  
post #7 of 31 Old 12-12-2013, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Norm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: KC
Posts: 687
Feedback: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallini03 View Post
Those have to be custom.
Where did you find that picture?
A customer came in the shop today and said he wanted them. All he had was this picture.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallini03 View Post
After some searching. That's DailyJK's Jeep. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/member.php?u=17415

They are a custom set made my Dok-Tech motorsports. https://www.facebook.com/DokTechMotorsports


You sir are a rock star! Thank you very much!

To bad they are one off, I think they are nice looking!

STOMPER Off-Road
Norm is offline  
post #8 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 04:28 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
 
Uncle Sams Misguided Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Age: 52
Posts: 21,979
Feedback: 8 reviews

It just depends on how bad he wants them. Money talks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Uncle Sams Misguided Child is offline  
post #9 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 AM
JKowners Vendor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wellington Nv.
Posts: 1,141
Feedback: 2 reviews

Dok-Tech motorsports, from his pictures he's got some skills!
Check out the JKU suspension.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CT Performance, Inc is offline  
post #10 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Rock God
 
LowRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Posts: 608
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc View Post
Dok-Tech motorsports, from his pictures he's got some skills!
Check out the JKU suspension.
That rear suspension is very interesting.
LowRider is offline  
post #11 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 08:12 AM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,219
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
That rear suspension is very interesting.
Coilover mounting looks alot like Rebel and why would you do all this instead of just doing a 3 link similar to something like RK:



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is offline  
post #12 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Rock God
 
LowRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Posts: 608
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Coilover mounting looks alot like Rebel and why would you do all this instead of just doing a 3 link similar to something like RK:

Get rid of the track bar?
LowRider is offline  
post #13 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 12:10 PM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,219
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
Get rid of the track bar?
Did not think of that...but with heim joints on both ends, that doesnt exactly remove the need for a track bar I think


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ALASHA; 12-13-2013 at 12:13 PM.
ALASHA is offline  
post #14 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Rock God
 
10jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On the shitter with my Mega Blocks
Posts: 580
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Did not think of that...but with heim joints on both ends, that doesnt exactly remove the need for a track bar I think
With the set-up, I don't see how the rear axle could move at all laterally, thus really not needing a track bar.

2010 JKUR, 4" Pro C., 3/4" f Daystar spacer, 5.38's, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed, Rear Ten Factory axle shafts, 1.5" wheel spacers, Pro C. 17 x 9 wheels, 38 x 14.50 x 17 MTR's, SuperChip FP, no fenders, B&M Tranny cooler, Magnaflow, Fr./ Rr. frame hacked off, HD Balls

29,000 miles as of 12/13/14
10jk is offline  
post #15 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Rock God
 
Ringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chardon, OH
Posts: 657
Feedback: 0 reviews

That design puts all the lateral forces on the ball of one heim. Shitty design.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ringer is offline  
post #16 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 12:29 PM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,219
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10jk View Post
With the set-up, I don't see how the rear axle could move at all laterally, thus really not needing a track bar.
Heims on both ends. Push the axle laterally and the axle will move laterally until the ball movement of the heim is reached.. and then as Ringer mentioned will stress the heims...

If it used regular urethane style joints on the frame side, then I could see a case for no track bar but even then that design would put alot of stress on the joints.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ALASHA; 12-13-2013 at 12:32 PM.
ALASHA is offline  
post #17 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Rock God
 
10jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On the shitter with my Mega Blocks
Posts: 580
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
That design puts all the lateral forces on the ball of one heim. Shitty design.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks Ringer, I seen that and thought, any slop in that ball above the Diff and its gonna walk on ya.

2010 JKUR, 4" Pro C., 3/4" f Daystar spacer, 5.38's, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed, Rear Ten Factory axle shafts, 1.5" wheel spacers, Pro C. 17 x 9 wheels, 38 x 14.50 x 17 MTR's, SuperChip FP, no fenders, B&M Tranny cooler, Magnaflow, Fr./ Rr. frame hacked off, HD Balls

29,000 miles as of 12/13/14
10jk is offline  
post #18 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Rock God
 
10jk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On the shitter with my Mega Blocks
Posts: 580
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Heims on both ends. Push the axle laterally and the axle will move laterally until the ball movement of the heim is reached.. and then as Ringer mentioned will stress the heims...
Even if they put a spacer on each side of the heim Ball to keep it centered? Of course even then, its gonna place one hell of a stress on the Heim ball itself.

2010 JKUR, 4" Pro C., 3/4" f Daystar spacer, 5.38's, EVO sleeve/gusset/custom trussed, Rear Ten Factory axle shafts, 1.5" wheel spacers, Pro C. 17 x 9 wheels, 38 x 14.50 x 17 MTR's, SuperChip FP, no fenders, B&M Tranny cooler, Magnaflow, Fr./ Rr. frame hacked off, HD Balls

29,000 miles as of 12/13/14
10jk is offline  
post #19 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,219
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10jk View Post
Even if they put a spacer on each side of the heim Ball to keep it centered? Of course even then, its gonna place one hell of a stress on the Heim ball itself.
I would say still too much strain on the joint


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is offline  
post #20 of 31 Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Rock God
 
Cavallini03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 990
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
You sir are a rock star! Thank you very much!

To bad they are one off, I think they are nice looking!
I'd say contact Dok-Tech.
I had never heard of them until I searched for this, but I bet for the right price they'd make a similar set. Just depends how much your customer is willing to pay.
Cavallini03 is offline  
post #21 of 31 Old 12-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Rock God
 
cjcraig7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crystal Basin, CA
Posts: 1,580
Feedback: 1 reviews

Actually, I think this modified wishbone is genius for the rear of a JK for those wanting to rid the track bar but keep the fuel tank in the OEM location.

I get the concern for the heim, but you could easily install a larger vertically bolted (3/4") forged joint at the pumpkin that would more than handle the load.

Something like this:
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...nd_p_1786.html

I would be more concerned with the frame mount side being anchored to the subframe structure without reinforcement.

So, single joint axle centering idea: proven and not new.
cjcraig7 is offline  
post #22 of 31 Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 AM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,219
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
Actually, I think this modified wishbone is genius for the rear of a JK for those wanting to rid the track bar but keep the fuel tank in the OEM location.

I get the concern for the heim, but you could easily install a larger vertically bolted (3/4") forged joint at the pumpkin that would more than handle the load.

Something like this:
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...nd_p_1786.html

I would be more concerned with the frame mount side being anchored to the subframe structure without reinforcement.

So, single joint axle centering idea: proven and not new.
There will still be alot of side to side movement?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is offline  
post #23 of 31 Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Jeepineer
 
JKred07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Comminecticut
Posts: 1,495
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
I get the concern for the heim, but you could easily install a larger vertically bolted (3/4") forged joint at the pumpkin that would more than handle the load.

So, single joint axle centering idea: proven and not new.
Agreed, not new and holds up well, but only when the joint is loaded in the proper direction.

-Mike
2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 2" lift, cage, hydro, etc.
JKred07 is offline  
post #24 of 31 Old 12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Rock God
 
cjcraig7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crystal Basin, CA
Posts: 1,580
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKred07 View Post
Agreed, not new and holds up well, but only when the joint is loaded in the proper direction.
I am only going to argue for the sake of arguing.

Typical 1.25" quality heim is rated at about 80,000 # of Radial Static Load. Centering the rear axle under a fully dressed 4 door JK, I doubt, could ever see anywhere near that type of load. The way that it is designed in the picture above will likely hold-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
There will still be alot of side to side movement?
This modified wish bone is using three points of connection, theoretically no movement.
cjcraig7 is offline  
post #25 of 31 Old 12-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Jeepineer
 
JKred07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Comminecticut
Posts: 1,495
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
I am only going to argue for the sake of arguing.

Typical 1.25" quality heim is rated at about 80,000 # of Radial Static Load. Centering the rear axle under a fully dressed 4 door JK, I doubt, could ever see anywhere near that type of load. The way that it is designed in the picture above will likely hold-up.
.
Not arguing, I figure you're always game for a reasonable discussion.

Agreed, they have a very high radial load rating that they will likely never see at the axle.

When a wishbone link is loaded laterially, the chassis joints are loaded radially, regardless of orientation (vertical or horizontal bolt). The axle link, assuming no deflection in the link itself, will be loaded horizontally with lateral loads on the axle.

With the single lateral constraining joint mounted with a horizontal bolt, all the lateral force is being applied to the joint 90* to the race. Arguable the worst possible direction to load the joint. Rotating the joint 90* with a vertical bolt would put the loading back on the race of the heim.

It would be interesting to know the load rating of the joint through the bolt (90* from the race/shank). I would suspect it is significanly lower, but quickly serching I can't find any mfg that gives a number.

Edit:
For reference, I know 2002 GC's came with a wishbone 3 link rear. Even the clevite they used at the axle was mounted vertically.

Edit 2:
I don't know if this crude pic makes more sense than my wordy explanation, but rotating the axle joint switches the load from axially through the ball 90* to the race, and puts it back on the race. Your theoretical point of rotation is the blue dot.
Attached Images
 

-Mike
2007 2dr X, 6sp, 35's on D44's, 2" lift, cage, hydro, etc.

Last edited by JKred07; 12-17-2013 at 11:11 AM.
JKred07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome