Hill Start Assist Disable - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-12-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Hill Start Assist Disable

Here is a quick video I made of how to disable the hill start assist function if you dont like it. I hate it as it seems to make the jeep stall if you try to take off too fast before it releases. It you like it, by all means keep it..if you dont, here is how to disable it on models without the menu screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2RRRSUEirE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Wheeler

Great video. How do you get it turned back on? That hill start assist irritates the hell out of me at traffic lights... but want it back when I'm wheeling.

Thx.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Wheeler

Repeat the process to turn it back on.

And hey, I see you're from Middletown! Give me a holler if you ever want someone to wheel with: [email protected]

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
6-speed, soft top, 2.5" TF Lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, Superwinch TS9500 winch, M.O.R.E. oil pan/trans skid, Skid Row exhaust loop skid, Dominion evap relocation,*Smittybilt Oversized Tiire Carrier and Cibie headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-12-2013, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, just repeat the steps to turn it back on...Its great for off road in the rough, but for daily driving I hate it.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Wheeler

Sweet - I shall do that today. Thanks guys.

Cochepaille - nice, good to know there are wheeler around our area too. I'm still all stock expect for a few added skid plates. But always looking for wheeling opportunities.
Our club just had a toys-4-tots run out in MA last weekend & there's a run coming up on the Jan.11th out near Sturbridge on private property. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142881.
Check it out.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM

i di it ... great...
post #7 of 9 Old 12-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysocks View Post
Our club just had a toys-4-tots run out in MA last weekend & there's a run coming up on the Jan.11th out near Sturbridge on private property. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142881.
Check it out.
Wish I had known about he toy run sooner... I used to donate with my club in ME, now I just drop in the box at the store. I'll keep it in kind for next year, though. What's the name of your club?

I'm at stock for now, too... if the trail is stock Rubi friendly, I'm sure I can find the time to go wheeling!

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
6-speed, soft top, 2.5" TF Lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, Superwinch TS9500 winch, M.O.R.E. oil pan/trans skid, Skid Row exhaust loop skid, Dominion evap relocation,*Smittybilt Oversized Tiire Carrier and Cibie headlights.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-14-2013, 01:49 AM
Wheeler

Nexterra.org. The Jan runs are both stock friendly, you'll be fine in the Rubicon.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysocks View Post
Nexterra.org. The Jan runs are both stock friendly, you'll be fine in the Rubicon.
An Xterra club, huh... must be pretty small. I'll keep the date in my calendar and PM you before then to make sure a fellow Jeeper will be going, lol.

Later!

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode