HD trans cross members? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 12-11-2013, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

HD trans cross members?

So after a few years of abuse my trans cross member is so mangled I can't stop the exhaust from rattling against it and my skid plate. I think it also may be part of a driveline vibe I been chasing. I have researched and found a bunch with varying prices from 125-550! What's the hottness these days?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM
JKO Addict!

You see Clayton's ?
http://claytonoffroad.com/product_in...roducts_id/383

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #3 of 16 Old 12-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
I might just have to pick that up. I'm in the same boat.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 12-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Granite Guru

Synergy makes one that is a cross member and skid all in one. Could be a pain to service something under it since it appears all is supported by it.

https://www.polyperformance.com/shop...e-p-16850.html

Anyone have any experience with Synergys skid? Do you have other brand skids attached to it?

Here is Poison Spyders
http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK...ction-s/99.htm

Evolution off road
http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...Exhaust.Tranny

Last edited by RedRubiconLJ; 12-11-2013 at 06:51 PM.
post #5 of 16 Old 12-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Rock God

Synergy makes a standalone cross member as well and it is beef. I've run factory, fulltraction, or-fab, and now the synergy crossmember in my rig. The synergy is by far the nicest of the bunch. Haven't gotten to really test it yet save for one good rausch trip but have no doubt in my mind it will hold up to my abuse as it seemed to shrug off any hit I gave it.

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything

Last edited by SlvrJK; 12-11-2013 at 07:51 PM.
post #6 of 16 Old 12-12-2013, 04:10 AM
JKO Addict!

I ran the full Synergy crossmember/skid setup on my '09. It is a badass and bomb-proof system. Highly recommended if you are comfortable laying down that kind of scratch.

Something to bear in mind though.....keep the correct allen wrenches for it in your trail tool kit. If you have a break, prepare to wait for it to cool down there or wear protective clothes....then deploy arms of incredible length to reach under there and hold the backing nuts to get your t-case skid off. Ask me how I know.

One cheap option out there that no one has reported on yet is the Rough Country HD crossmember. The price is right for sure, and their products are solid these days.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #7 of 16 Old 12-12-2013, 05:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Synergy HD …that way if you decide to add additional undercarriage armor, you've already got the base of the system.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #8 of 16 Old 12-12-2013, 06:06 AM
Rock God

For the price the OR Fab one looks good. Includes button head bolts to replace the exposed stock bolts.

http://www.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/per87034.htm
post #9 of 16 Old 12-12-2013, 06:54 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloJeff View Post
For the price the OR Fab one looks good. Includes button head bolts to replace the exposed stock bolts.

This ones on sale for $129.97 right now!
post #10 of 16 Old 12-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Rock God

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridajpr View Post
This ones on sale for $129.97 right now!
That's a good price.
post #11 of 16 Old 12-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Granite Guru

I did the synergy one when they had a closeout on the older models (pre-2012).

It's solid for sure, and is a skid, not just a crossmember. It will make repairs a bit tougher if you need to get up in the transmission/TC area, but I've seen very few repairs needed in that area anyway.

You also have to modify the factory TC skid, unless they changed it on the redesign. I plan on getting the Synergy TC skid down the road anyway.

Jeepless
post #12 of 16 Old 12-12-2013, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Tks everybody. I really like the synergy integrated skid combo! A bit more than I want to spend. Can't believe I haven't seen that before. Just wonder how much hacking I will have to do to combine it with my more engine skid. Also I wonder how much harder it makes removing the frt shaft? I seem to be taking mine out to grease it regularly because I can't get a needle greaser into the Double cardan.

I also see I could buy the Clayton long arm hd member for that price range and then build my own links down the road. Not really necessary but...

Decisions decisions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by jkoiiiiojk; 12-12-2013 at 05:52 PM.
post #13 of 16 Old 12-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I've been looking at Clayton's. It looks really stout and I like the fact the center part can come out to service the trans. And I could build some links later as you stated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

-Living the dream - Didn't say it was mine-
post #14 of 16 Old 12-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Granite Guru

Im still waiting for nemesis to come out with their full skidplate system. It also includes a new hd crossmember.
post #15 of 16 Old 12-15-2013, 06:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrJK View Post
Synergy makes a standalone cross member as well and it is beef. I've run factory, fulltraction, or-fab, and now the synergy crossmember in my rig. The synergy is by far the nicest of the bunch. Haven't gotten to really test it yet save for one good rausch trip but have no doubt in my mind it will hold up to my abuse as it seemed to shrug off any hit I gave it.
I had one of these on my '09 as well, but ditched it in favor of a PSC x-member and Synergy's "budget" center skid. The Synergy crossmember / skid had to be extensively modded to work with the long arm upgrade I installed, and I didn't like the fact it made getting to u-joints & trans / t-case cables difficult. On the positive side, it could be pounded on and show no ill effects. Great product if it fits your setup.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #16 of 16 Old 12-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

I've got the OR. I ordered mine about a week before the Synergy replacement cross-member came out. It's taken all of the abuse I've given it.

2009 Silver Unlimited Rubicon -- Not really stock, anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode