Headers. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-11-2013, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Headers.

What brand is the most popular? I need to replace the craptastic exhaust manifolds on my 2010 and before I buy I would like some feed back. TIA.

2010 SURF BLUE JK UNLIMITED. 4" TERAFLEX FULL FLEX LIFT, SMITTYBUILT FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, SMITTYBUILT 10K WINCH, SMITTYBUILT ROCK SLIDERS, BUSHWACKER FLAT FENDERS, 35" PROCOMPS ON 17" ADDICTS, 513 GEARS, HELLA LIGHTS AND TANTRUM LIGHTS UNDERNEATH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyb View Post
What brand is the most popular? I need to replace the craptastic exhaust manifolds on my 2010 and before I buy I would like some feed back. TIA.
RIPP long tubes are pretty much your best/only option if you want something that has actual benefits.

In general, shorty headers aren't much for getting any additional power, and they overheat all the time. (ask me how I know )
post #3 of 8 Old 12-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

RIPP... if you have that kind of money. dang shame they aren't even under $1,000 so us poor people can afford em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Rock God

^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #5 of 8 Old 12-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Granite Guru

The Ripp headers are very nice, I noticed a nice increase in part throttle power and I don't have the tuner yet. I can't wait until I sell my Hypertech and get the tune from Ripp. The quality of the headers is very nice, I was lucky and scored mine from craigslist for $600 new.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2009 Sunburst Orange Rubicon, 2dr, 6spd.
PSC BFH front bumper, Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper, Bushwacker Flares
PSC Rocker Knockers ,PSC Evap Skid Plate
post #6 of 8 Old 12-12-2013, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the input. I have a that went with the JBA shorty headers and he likes them. I'm only thinking about this for the replacement and not to gain no power. I just don't care to put stock manifolds on and they crack again.

2010 SURF BLUE JK UNLIMITED. 4" TERAFLEX FULL FLEX LIFT, SMITTYBUILT FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, SMITTYBUILT 10K WINCH, SMITTYBUILT ROCK SLIDERS, BUSHWACKER FLAT FENDERS, 35" PROCOMPS ON 17" ADDICTS, 513 GEARS, HELLA LIGHTS AND TANTRUM LIGHTS UNDERNEATH.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyb View Post
Thanks for the input. I have a that went with the JBA shorty headers and he likes them. I'm only thinking about this for the replacement and not to gain no power. I just don't care to put stock manifolds on and they crack again.
I went with the JBA titanium ceramic shorty headers when my stock manifold cracked. As stated above, no gain in power, and they just overheat like a sonofabitch.

If I were to go back and do it again, I'd just put a new stock manifold on there until I could afford the RIPP setup.

If you're set on getting them, make sure to get the heat socks from Napa to cover your spark plug wires, or else they'll melt. Even the high-temp wires.

post #8 of 8 Old 12-13-2013, 12:13 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

When I first bought my JKU, it had the Gibson ceramic headers and muffler on it...it didn't have any significant improvements for the engine and decided to swap out to stock with another JKU.

I now have the RIPP long tube headers with the FlowMaster "Hush Power" Resonator and stock muffler. It is fairly quiet and with the noticeable power gains I am very happy with the setup!!

U.S. Army
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode