Mounting options for 50" LED bar? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 12-09-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Mounting options for 50" LED bar?

I know there are a few options for these mounts out there, but not sure what to get. I know I dont want one where the tops par of it sticks out past the A-pillar. And I dont want it sticking up too high over the cab either.

So what options do you guys have and like, and do you have any closer up pics of the brackets? I have seen a lot of head on shots from the front of a Jeep, but not closer ones, or back sides, etc. Even the manufacturers seem to only have either one installed pic or else a pic of the brackets on the ground.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-09-2013, 04:47 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Seconds View Post
I know there are a few options for these mounts out there, but not sure what to get. I know I dont want one where the tops par of it sticks out past the A-pillar. And I dont want it sticking up too high over the cab either.

So what options do you guys have and like, and do you have any closer up pics of the brackets? I have seen a lot of head on shots from the front of a Jeep, but not closer ones, or back sides, etc. Even the manufacturers seem to only have either one installed pic or else a pic of the brackets on the ground.

Thanks!
I recently used Poison Spyder's mounts for a 50" Rigid and the fit on them was excellent.

They have a bunch of photos, but I'm not sure there are any of exactly what you're after.

http://pix.poisonspyder.com/Products...2763&k=7GpT5Nd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 20 Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Granite Guru

I have a bad apple fab 50 in led bar and mounts. Really good quality and cheap.

Www.Badapplefab.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 12-09-2013, 06:27 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quick release, too.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #5 of 20 Old 12-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Rock God

Sounds like our Seward brackets would be perfect for you. They have 3 mounting positions to choose from. The bottom setting is the lowest of all the 50" brackets we carry. We have these in stock in both black powdercoat and bare aluminum.

STOMPER Off-Road
post #6 of 20 Old 12-11-2013, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Norm - I do like those but cant find them on the site. How much do they run. Can you send me the link or tell me where they are on the site?
post #7 of 20 Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Seconds View Post
Norm - I do like those but cant find them on the site. How much do they run. Can you send me the link or tell me where they are on the site?
The brackets are a stocking dealers only item right now. They are not on our's or Seward's website quite yet.

I sent you an PM with pricing and options.

I run the the Seward brackets and light bar on my Jeep, so I can get you any angle picture you need. Just let me know.

STOMPER Off-Road
post #8 of 20 Old 12-12-2013, 06:13 AM
Granite Guru

Here is a picture of my jeep with bad apple fab mount and light.

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/colo
Attached Images

post #9 of 20 Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Wheeler

Caution all are noisy as hell for daily drivers but I love my poison spyder. Turn the radio up!
post #10 of 20 Old 12-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Wheeler

Not trying to hijack, but Neil how much do you like that bad apple light bar? Shoot me a pm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 JKU Sport Silver
2.5 RE lift.
315/70/17 Nitto Dune Grapplers
XD Series - Strike
post #11 of 20 Old 12-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Granite Guru

Has anyone ever mounted one of these bars across rhe bottom of the windshield. .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #12 of 20 Old 12-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlo_jklivin View Post
Has anyone ever mounted one of these bars across rhe bottom of the windshield. .

Have a feeling the glare would be blinding! Test fired mine one night and made it daylight in the neighbor's driveway across the (wide) street. NO WAY I would want that bouncing back in my eyes. Seems like the hood would block too much of the light from the road ahead as well.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #13 of 20 Old 12-13-2013, 12:02 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Here is mine as another option....GenRight light bar mount with a 50" Alien Brand LED light bar:

U.S. Army

Last edited by TXROCK; 12-14-2013 at 09:49 AM.
post #14 of 20 Old 12-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Granite Guru

I remember seeing a 20 in bar mounted to the hood hinge a while back, but can't remember what brand it was.
post #15 of 20 Old 12-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Granite Guru

I was just curious. I think it would look cool but not be practical. And the mounts would be a lot cheaper than what I've found.

post #16 of 20 Old 12-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

The Poison Spyder mounts are nice, we used RSE and the fit was terrible. We will be moving to KC soon.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #17 of 20 Old 12-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROCK View Post
Here is mine as another option....GenRight light bar mount with a 50" Alien Brand LED light bar:

Thanks for sharing!

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #18 of 20 Old 12-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Rock God

Just another option. First is a sales thread and second is an informational thread. The informational thread gives some differences between this one and others on the market.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142817

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119009

post #19 of 20 Old 12-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Wheeler

Someone above mentioned noise. My brother has a windshield mount light bar with four round lights and soft top on a TJ and his is really noisy.

Those of you who have them, can you please also let those of us considering this if your noise levels increased. Soft top or hard top and such.
post #20 of 20 Old 12-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Rock God

I've tried four different ones. The HMF Fabrication mounts I posted above, the Engo Multi-Mount, the PSC and an import one you see on ebay. Wind noise is about the same as what you get on vent visors on cars, trucks and SUVs, probably a bit more-so with the import ones. Wind noise can also come from the light bars themselves, including the oft sited whistling sound you can get from dual row light bars, which is easily cured with a strip of door edge guard along the length of of one of the cooling fins.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode