Who has the 'Premium Sunrider Top'? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Who has the 'Premium Sunrider Top'?

When I ordered my '14 JKR, I got the Premium top. I thought that the Sunrider wasn't standard and it was now an option. I didn't know it was a different material.

It looks great but I don't think it is going to do well over time with dirt and mud. Not sure if it was available in prior years but wondering how it is holding up for those that have one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-04-2013, 07:10 AM
JKO Addict!

I've wondered too, looks pretty awesome..the older material sucks at keeping clean, I can't see it being any worse.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-04-2013, 07:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Holds up well and cleans easy. Much better than the older material. I have rubbed mine on a few trees and no tears, I think the other top would of had some holes.

I was skeptical at first like you, but I talked to some Bestop guys and they reassured me this top was better all around. So far they are right.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
When I ordered my '14 JKR, I got the Premium top. I thought that the Sunrider wasn't standard and it was now an option. I didn't know it was a different material.

It looks great but I don't think it is going to do well over time with dirt and mud. Not sure if it was available in prior years but wondering how it is holding up for those that have one.
The sunrider is standard on all soft top Jeeps has been for a while. The material is the same as you will find on high end cars. Anything I have seen that is high end obviously doesn't get muddy but still looks great over time.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #5 of 9 Old 12-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Rock God

My wife has the premium soft top on her 13 rubi. One of our folks in bham just got an NX with the same material. My wife's jeep is quieter on the interstate than the hard tops I have been in. It really does make a world of difference with noise in the cab. Her's has cleaned up well so far but had not been muddy yet (mall crawler).

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Wheeler

Mine is still too new to know how it will hold up but I like it a lot. Get some of the 303 protectant for convertable soft tops. It makes it bead like wax and will help with mud removal. I still clean mine ASAP though. No need to let it bake onto the top.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
Mine is still too new to know how it will hold up but I like it a lot. Get some of the 303 protectant for convertable soft tops. It makes it bead like wax and will help with mud removal. I still clean mine ASAP though. No need to let it bake onto the top.
Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to pick some up.

The top on my '91 Porsche 911 that I just sold was original and still in fantastic shape at 23 years. Of course it only had 73k miles on it nd wasn't taken offroad.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #8 of 9 Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Vin
Granite Guru

The one issue I see is that they don't have upper half doors in matching material.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
The one issue I see is that they don't have upper half doors in matching material.
I wondered about that. I even went out on the Jeep site and built a JK with half doors and the Premium Sunrider top and it let me do it. I thought for sure it would tell me I had to remove the premium top first.

, Granite,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode