Sliders that bolt to frame AND body - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Sliders that bolt to frame AND body

JCR Offroad has released some new sliders at a very appealing price point.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JK...-SLD-C-2D.html

I have one concern with them though, and that is that they mount to the frame/body mounts like the ACE sliders, but they also bolt to the pinch seam. They claim this makes them very solid and they don't flex. My concern though is tying the frame and body together like this. I always thought it was not a good idea to tie the frame and body together as the body and frame flex differently. Thoughts?

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

It is true that you really don't want anything that ties the tub to the frame. Teraflex stopped making standard tire swings for this reason. I saw on Dozercon where he was taking some whoops and Joe came down hard. The pinch seam in the rear wheel well bashed the top of the air bump and mashed the seam upward approximately 3/8 of an inch.

I don't believe these sliders tie in like that. I am anxious to see some underside pictures, if they stay on the tub side, i'm sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Wheeler

Not real sure you would notice it that much. The body mounts are pretty small (1-2" poly/rubber), so adding more rigidity(?) to the body may not hurt. If anything, it may give the driver/rider a rougher ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 03:53 PM
JKO Addict!

I have used frame/body tied sliders before, they are horrid riding. They are significantly noticeable.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 04:05 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

If they used the two smaller bushing mount bolts and the pinch seam, then that is a shitty design. If they used the main center bolt and the seam, then that is okay because the center mount bolt moves with the body.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #6 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

PSC's has a version that now bolts to the frame.!

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #7 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGET IT View Post
HaHa...Thanks to me this is an item they now manufacture. I have the first set custom made for me. The final design has changed from the original a little and mine were built to be welded on.

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #8 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Rock God

The body mount bolts move with the rubber bushing and tub, and that is where our sliders pinch between. They move with the tub as it vibrates and flexes, not with the frame. It's the same concept as our other sliders.

Illustration stole from Google image search.

for up to date product updates and specials!
Follow us on
post #9 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for chiming in! That's awesome. Can you post up some pictures of how they look mounted from underneath when you get a chance?

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #10 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 07:50 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcrOffroad View Post
The body mount bolts moves with the rubber bushing and tub, and that is where our sliders pinch between. They move with the tub as it vibrates and flexes, not with the frame. It's the same concept as our other sliders.

Illustration stole from Google image search.
Kind of what I thought. These just moved up to the second place on my short list.

Quote:
post #11 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Kind of what I thought. These just moved up to the second place on my short list.
What's first?
post #12 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 08:11 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Wheels and tires.

Quote:
post #13 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I love the looks, was hoping they mounted like shrockworks to the frame.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #14 of 24 Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Wheels and tires.
Oh I misunderstood, I thought you meant 2nd on your list of sliders. Carry on
post #15 of 24 Old 12-03-2013, 03:48 AM
Rock God

You will see more info on these sliders soon! Trying to dig ourselves out of pile of Nov/BF orders! Haha

Follow us on
post #16 of 24 Old 12-03-2013, 04:30 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Wheels and tires.
Then will you take it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #17 of 24 Old 12-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGET IT View Post
Yep! I saw those and will be getting them for my jku shortly!
post #18 of 24 Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Rock God

Do be aware that full frame mounted sliders are going to interfere with most long arm kits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Follow us on
post #19 of 24 Old 12-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Granite Guru

I ordered these exact same sliders for the 4-door this weekend. (along with front and rear bumper).

I was concerned about the pinch seam thing as well, but my mind is certainly eased. I will post up pictures once I get.

Apparently Im one of those Nov/Dec orders that JCR was talking about.
post #20 of 24 Old 12-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Rock God

We are wrapping up the prototyping for the 2D sliders today!

Follow us on
post #21 of 24 Old 12-06-2013, 05:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo78 View Post
JCR Offroad has released some new sliders at a very appealing price point.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JK...-SLD-C-2D.html

I have one concern with them though, and that is that they mount to the frame/body mounts like the ACE sliders, but they also bolt to the pinch seam. They claim this makes them very solid and they don't flex. My concern though is tying the frame and body together like this. I always thought it was not a good idea to tie the frame and body together as the body and frame flex differently. Thoughts?
I agree, by attaching to the body you will almost be certain to get body damage that will be very difficult to repair.

post #22 of 24 Old 12-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Rock God

The body mounts are too soft and flex on hard hits. The tub will move as much as 1/4" or more on compression of the mounts on a hard hit. The tub sheet metal is very thin. Combine the effects of the soft mounts and thin metal, and you've got bad body damage with hard hits.

I've had to repair both sides of my tub from running tub/bolted to body mount sliders.

For anyone who has the potential to take a hard hit to a slider, they need to avoid anything with a tub mount and anything that bolts to the body mounts.

Really, the only viable option for these jeepers is a weld on frame mount like EVO, VKS, etc.

I like JCR stuff, but there needs to be more competition for weld-on 1.75" or 2" DOM tube built sliders.

I used Poison Spyder body armor to cover the tub damage that I had fixed as good as possible, and then I built my own sliders out of 1.75" DOM tubing.

For guys who don't risk hard hits, this isn't necessary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

post #23 of 24 Old 12-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Rock God

Install video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Follow us on
post #24 of 24 Old 12-07-2013, 06:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Shrockworks welded to the frame:

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode