1997 jeep wrangler X - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2013, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

1997 jeep wrangler X

I am about to travel several hundred kilometres to view a Jeep in my area tommorow. It is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X with 95000 kms (60000 miles ) It has a soft top , pretty much stock. Needs a good cleaning has a trailer hitch and upgraded tires. It has a clean inspection report ( e-mailed to me as well as several pictures ) and my cost based on a test drive is $9800 Cdn. I have not seen a JK for under 13 grand in my area ever, and i am hoping this turns out to be a good deal. Any advice, thoughts, opinions would be appreciated before i make the trek out to view the Jeep. I live in Vancouver, B.C and the Jk is out in the interior of B.C. thanks so much in advance....i am planning to to pick up the jeep on Monday.....It's a private sale.
P.S. I owned a Jeep Tj in 1997 for a while but didn't keep it...half doors, 4 cylinder ( underpowered ) and was originally looking for another tj because of the affordability factor and came across the ad for the JK....The ad has only been up one day and it makes sense for me to upgrade to a Jk...will mostly use it in the summer. i have rented the new JK's in Mexico on vacation and absolutely love the ride......Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Granite Guru

Just hope it's not the guy from Kelowna that bought my engine. It was his third. Forgot his name, sorry.

My 2007 had an EVAP leak somewhere that drove me nuts, gas cap indication and engine light comes on all the time. If they reset it you'll get a few kms out of it before it goes on so take it for a long test drive and turn it on and off a few times. Also I was a member of the no start club. Every once in a while you have to put it in neutral to get it to start. Never figured it out but there was a LOT of writeups all over the internet.

Other than those issues it's been great. If you ever need a transmission I got one sitting in my garage in Calgary that I've been too lazy to sell lol.

Sean
post #3 of 3 Old 12-01-2013, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgo70 View Post
Just hope it's not the guy from Kelowna that bought my engine. It was his third. Forgot his name, sorry.

My 2007 had an EVAP leak somewhere that drove me nuts, gas cap indication and engine light comes on all the time. If they reset it you'll get a few kms out of it before it goes on so take it for a long test drive and turn it on and off a few times. Also I was a member of the no start club. Every once in a while you have to put it in neutral to get it to start. Never figured it out but there was a LOT of writeups all over the internet.

Other than those issues it's been great. If you ever need a transmission I got one sitting in my garage in Calgary that I've been too lazy to sell lol.

Sean
Thanks for the heads up Sean....the fellows name is Steve and he lives in Lilioot B.C. The Jeep has 94 000 kms and he sent me a Vehicle History report that checked out clean. He says he has been the only owner and the Jeep has no issues and runs well. i can run the VIN number through ICBC.....and obviously take it for a full test drive.....what do you think.....thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode