2013 jku rubi parts list - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-30-2013, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2013 jku rubi parts list

Good day to all,

So I have had my 2013 rubicon for a few months now. It was only 4 weeks between the day i placed the order with the dealer and the delivery. Beautiful rugged brown on dark saddle leather, fully equipped. However, apart from the kargo master roof rack and basket, it is still stock. I have an issue with that.

Since I am a bit anal about what parts I put on my cars, I have done some extensive research and am about to order a whole heap of parts for this puppy.

I want you guys opinions on some or all of the goodies i am planning on installing...

So,

I am only getting a small lift in this time, and i have narrowed it down to the Rough Country 2.5" spacer lift with track bar. Cheap and it has "ok" reviews.

old man emu steering stabilizer.

Spidertrax spacers and Dick cepek FC-II 35"

I already have an original jeep front bumper from the 2013 moab edition. I got it for next to nothing and it is sitting in the garage at the moment, feeling lonely.

warn M8000 winch with synthetic.

Magnaflow catback (or mbrp, not sure yet)

Superchips flashpack (i guess Chrysler gave in since it is now available for the pentastar...)

Synergy suspension skid plates.

All input, and I mean ALL input is welcome.

"SOLD" 2012 JKU Altitude, 2.5" Rough country, 35" Dick Cepek FCIIs, Kargomaster Safari rack, ARB Fridge freezer, XRC rear bumper, RC hybrid stubby front bumper

2013 JKU Rubicon kargomaster roof rack, AEV front bumper, 35'' Kumho Kl71s on stock Rubi wheels, Spidertrax spacers, RC BB 2.5 lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-30-2013, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Really guys? No feedback? Usually, everyone has an opinions on forums...

"SOLD" 2012 JKU Altitude, 2.5" Rough country, 35" Dick Cepek FCIIs, Kargomaster Safari rack, ARB Fridge freezer, XRC rear bumper, RC hybrid stubby front bumper

2013 JKU Rubicon kargomaster roof rack, AEV front bumper, 35'' Kumho Kl71s on stock Rubi wheels, Spidertrax spacers, RC BB 2.5 lift
post #3 of 15 Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

They're all doped up on leftover turkey and pie.

Some might say that for a jku, that you might need a bit more powerful winch, but whatever on that. That's a good quality winch for sure.

I think you could do better than the DC FC II's... like maybe an MTR, but that's your call. I ran em on a TJ and they were okay, but there are definitely some better ones out there.

Not sure why the wheel spacers. If they're for clearance due to factory wheels/ back-spacing then I guess. Otherwise I wouldn't run em unless you have to.

Everything else sounds good/ okay.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-30-2013, 09:03 PM
JKO Addict!

I wouldn't waste $80+ on a SS.
The stock one works fine and there's no need to spend hundreds of dollars on one.
Buy a CB instead.

and everything else Stub said.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #5 of 15 Old 11-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
I wouldn't waste $80+ on a SS.
The stock one works fine and there's no need to spend hundreds of dollars on one.
Didn't realize an OME stab was upwards of $80.

Definitely money spent better elsewhere.

I haven't even run a stabilizer for the last 3+ years.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #6 of 15 Old 12-01-2013, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thx for the input guys. I have had to put a SS on my old TJ just because, well... because. Then I had one on my altitude because it came with the lift kit. I guess I will see if it is needed. and yes, it is about 80$...

I had the Dick Cepek on my altitude and loved them. but i only bought them because it was the best deal between the MTR, the Falken wild peaks, and the Mickey Baja ATZ.

And yes, the wheel spacers are required because i am keeping the stock wheels. I know the new rubi wheels get a lot of hating right now, but I kinda like them...

post #7 of 15 Old 12-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Rock God

Good call on the RC BB, mine works great. If you're looking for a good A/T tire check out the Duratracs.
You probably would be better off with a 10K winch, as mentioned.

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
post #8 of 15 Old 12-01-2013, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

thx. I have had duratracs before and I loved them. I only wanted to try something different this time...

post #9 of 15 Old 12-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Wheeler

Bite the bullet, spend the money, and get a spring lift with control arms. I went with the RockKrawler 2.5 max travel and am very pleased. The difference in handling between mine and my buddy's Jeep that has a cheap kit is very noticeable.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-03-2013, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtgolden View Post
Bite the bullet, spend the money, and get a spring lift with control arms. I went with the RockKrawler 2.5 max travel and am very pleased. The difference in handling between mine and my buddy's Jeep that has a cheap kit is very noticeable.
I agree but there is a 1000$ difference between both options, as the BB is less than 200$...

post #11 of 15 Old 12-03-2013, 11:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

Sir

If you have any questions on our products, please let us know. We are here to help. A lot of dealers and wholesalers will be having great deals for the up coming holiday season. That may help you outů

RK
post #12 of 15 Old 12-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

As long as you understand the limitations of a budget boost then go for it. A spacer lift is a spacer lift and RC at like $170 is a great deal. Make sure it comes with brake line brackets. I would scrap the steering stabilizer, your Jeep is brand new, stock one is fine.

I would splurge on some good shocks (not RC) like Bilstein 5100, Fox, Rancho RS9000 or whatever. Get a bigger winch (Recon 10,500 can be had for under $500) and go with a better tire.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #13 of 15 Old 12-03-2013, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I would splurge on some good shocks (not RC) like Bilstein 5100, Fox, Rancho RS9000 or whatever. Get a bigger winch (Recon 10,500 can be had for under $500) and go with a better tire.

-Dan[/QUOTE]

Thx. I had the RC spacer lift in my crosshairs because of the shocks issue. I am planning on running the stock Rubi ones for now and maybe invest in some better ones later. I Was not overly mpressed with the RC shocks last time.

What tire would you recommend? I see snow every once in a while here...

post #14 of 15 Old 12-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textech View Post
Thx. I had the RC spacer lift in my crosshairs because of the shocks issue. I am planning on running the stock Rubi ones for now and maybe invest in some better ones later. I Was not overly mpressed with the RC shocks last time.

What tire would you recommend? I see snow every once in a while here...
You can use the shock extension brackets. I am an overkill kind of person though.

Falken Wildpeak and Goodyear Duratracs (Kelly Safari TSR, same as Duratrac) are rated for snow. With the other 2 being more aggressive. Falkens are good on wet, dry, snow and rocks but are questionable in mud and are heavy.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #15 of 15 Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I am going to give the Falken wild Peak or rocky mountain a try. I'm getting a pretty good deal at DTD for a set of 5. First Off road Falken product I have ever purchased.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode