Smittybilt MOD bumper - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-27-2013, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Smittybilt MOD bumper

Im new on here so bear with me, please. I'm looking at upgrading my front bumper and like the idea of being able to "design" a bumper to my specs; like with the Smittybilt and Quadratech MOD bumpers. I really like the look of the Smittybilt version, but haven't read any reviews on it. Just curious as to if anyone on here has run with that style bumper and if there are any pros/cons with it. Money is a huge factor, I cant spend more than $500 on a bumper. Im also looking at adding a stinger to it, and want to know thoughts on running a strict stinger bumper as to a MOD stinger bumper. Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Reapercrew; 11-27-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapercrew View Post
Im new on here so bear with me, please. I'm looking at upgrading my front bumper and like the idea of being able to "design" a bumper to my specs; like with the Smittybilt and Quadratech MOD bumpers. I really like the look of the Smittybilt version, but haven't read any reviews on it. Just curious as to if anyone on here has run with that style bumper and if there are any pros/cons with it. Money is a huge factor, I cant spend more than $500 on a bumper. Im also looking at adding a stinger to it, and want to know thoughts on running a strict stinger bumper as to a MOD stinger bumper. Thanks in advance!!
Welcome to the forum!

I think a modular bumper would be perfect for what you're talking about. You can get the center section now and upgrade/add on stuff the stinger, ends and winch down the road!

Rugged Ridge makes a nice Modular Bumper. It's there XHD line. There are a few other choices out there as well but there seem to be quite a few add-ons for the Rugged Ridge one.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

-Ryan

Jake R. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Off-Road Outfitters

Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PM me for our JKOwners Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
post #3 of 6 Old 11-29-2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRyan View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I think a modular bumper would be perfect for what you're talking about. You can get the center section now and upgrade/add on stuff the stinger, ends and winch down the road!

Rugged Ridge makes a nice Modular Bumper. It's there XHD line. There are a few other choices out there as well but there seem to be quite a few add-ons for the Rugged Ridge one.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

-Ryan
Thanks for the info. Got a few things to research before I pull the trigger. Also need to find out if I should upgrade to 4.10 or 4.56 gears. I have 3.21 now and 6th gear is useless. Need to find out what it will take to put those gears in a Dana 30 JK and Dana 44 JK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-29-2013, 09:26 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

I have the Smitty MOD bumper and am very happy. I'm sure the stinger won't be nearly as strong as a bumper built with a welded stinger. Most people on here hate Smitty stuff, but I'm very happy. It bolted up perfect, and is holding up great. Check out the prices with vendors here on the forum before you buy anything. You will find their prices and customer service top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #5 of 6 Old 11-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Rock God

Rugged Ridge has two different MOD bumpers, the original XHD in steel and the newer AT in aluminum or steel. Both bumpers retain the factory fog lights [if you have them] without having to buy extra parts like the Smittybilt one. Stingers are also available for both Rugged Ridge front bumpers.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...t+Bumpers&c=47

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock Krawler Synergy JKS LoD Goodyear
post #6 of 6 Old 11-30-2013, 09:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Posted yesterday on this. If it wasn't for the price error on Amazon. I would have probably chose a different and more expensive bumper. Received and installed the RR XHD and it's actually a well made bumper. Only a little rust around the bolts but the finish is nice. Bolted up with no issues and I liked how I can use the factory lighting. I like the stubby look so I don't plan on adding anything besides a winch.

Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1385832237.423912.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  146.4 KB

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode