What winches fit 2014 Rubicon Bumper?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-25-2013, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

What winches fit 2014 Rubicon Bumper??

Hey Guys,

What Warn winches will fit the 2014 Rubicon X (unlimited) front bumpers?

Do they require any additional mounting kits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxk142 View Post
Hey Guys,

What Warn winches will fit the 2014 Rubicon X (unlimited) front bumpers?

Do they require any additional mounting kits?
Good question. You'll need a Winch Plate in order to mount a winch to your stock bumper. This will give you all the necessary strength and mounting points for your winch as well as your fairlead.

All winch manufacturers use the same bolt patterns on there winches so you can pretty much use any plate with any winch. As far as what winch to get, you'll want one that has roughly twice the pulling power as the weight of your Jeep. This will ensure that you'll be able to get out of any tough spot you get yourself into.

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

-Ryan

Jake R. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Off-Road Outfitters

Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PM me for our JKOwners Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
post #3 of 9 Old 12-02-2013, 12:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The winch plate puts you half way to a decent aftermarket bumper. Do yourself a favor a remove that ugly/cheap/weak stock front bumper if you're going to mount a winch.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 12-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Granite Guru

Apparently neither of the two posters above noticed the "X" in your post..

The Rubicon X is the same as the 10A (10th Anniversary) bumper, not the regular plastic thing. Yes, you will need a Mopar winch plate kit for it. I remember reading that it was not available yet, but that was several months ago, so it may be available now. Search the forum for 10A front bumper and see what you can find, or just call the dealer and ask them about it. As for fitment, I can't tell you for certain, but most standard sized winches should fit in there, with the exception of Warn's 8274 and a few other large winches (the PowerPlant may not fit either). If you find a winch you like, you could just contact the manufacturer and ask them.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1000 View Post
Apparently neither of the two posters above noticed the "X" in your post..

The Rubicon X is the same as the 10A (10th Anniversary) bumper, not the regular plastic thing. Yes, you will need a Mopar winch plate kit for it. I remember reading that it was not available yet, but that was several months ago, so it may be available now. Search the forum for 10A front bumper and see what you can find, or just call the dealer and ask them about it. As for fitment, I can't tell you for certain, but most standard sized winches should fit in there, with the exception of Warn's 8274 and a few other large winches (the PowerPlant may not fit either). If you find a winch you like, you could just contact the manufacturer and ask them.
X2 I have a 10 A and it requires a special wich plate made by either mopar or Maxus. Not all winches fit. The Warn CTI fits with no mods and a winch plate. If you want to center or use a different winch you will have to cut the fairlead hole on the bumer and it would only work with the Maxus winch mount. Anyway if you have questions feel free to PM me I have a 10 A and installed the winch mount kit from Mopar and a Warn CTI. Edit: the Mopar winch mount has been avail for a few months and is well worth the extra money as it is more than just a bottom plate it is a front plate and the relo brakets you need as well.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
X2 I have a 10 A and it requires a special wich plate made by either mopar or Maxus. Not all winches fit. The Warn CTI fits with no mods and a winch plate. If you want to center or use a different winch you will have to cut the fairlead hole on the bumer and it would only work with the Maxus winch mount. Anyway if you have questions feel free to PM me I have a 10 A and installed the winch mount kit from Mopar and a Warn CTI. Edit: the Mopar winch mount has been avail for a few months and is well worth the extra money as it is more than just a bottom plate it is a front plate and the relo brakets you need as well.
I'm looking to install tow brackets in the bumper (attached to the frame) for use with a motor home. They would install where the plastic bumps are inboard of the small lights in the bumper. Will this interfere with mounting the Mopar winch bracket that you have installed? Do you remove the bumper when installing the bracket? If the winch bracket mounts in the area where I want the tow brackets, I'd probably get it all done at the same time. Any thoughts
post #7 of 9 Old 03-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb-jkrux View Post
I'm looking to install tow brackets in the bumper (attached to the frame) for use with a motor home. They would install where the plastic bumps are inboard of the small lights in the bumper. Will this interfere with mounting the Mopar winch bracket that you have installed? Do you remove the bumper when installing the bracket? If the winch bracket mounts in the area where I want the tow brackets, I'd probably get it all done at the same time. Any thoughts
I have a rough country winch plate with a superwinch sitting on an OEM bumper. Still have to take off the bumper to install the plate.
Attached Images

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #8 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 03:25 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Irishcoffee

OT: Any idea how heavy is a Mopar 10A JK front bumper (including ends, excluding winch of course)? Thanks!

JKU Turbo Diesel (CRD), 2009, Front ARB Deluxe Bumper, IPf, Warn M8000, Fox 2.0IFP Shocks & JKS Springs, ASFIR skid, MThomson Clasic II 9x17, 34" Duractracs, 3:73 gear ratio; NSG370; rear locker

post #9 of 9 Old 10-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Wheeler

UPS had my shipment labeled at 90lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode