ideas - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-24-2013, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up ideas

Time to ask for some opinions and such.
Here are 2 photos of my first Jeep. One is the day I got it home, and the other is how it looks today.
I will be 95% street use, and 5% off road, so I have no desire to build it much beyond how it is now. I do however want to lift/level it. I've seen a couple kits out there (1 3/4-2 inch leveling kits/budget lifts) some come with shocks, some come with shock extention brackets, and some don't come with anything other then the hockey pucks.......
Any suggestions on this?

As you can see in the one photo, its a sport model, so nothing extra. Given my plans for off roading are minimal should I consider the expense of locking either end at some point?

And yes I am a Walking Dead fan.........LOL
Fire away

Guess I should mention.......
tires/wheels are from a 2012 Rubicon as are the rock rails...
I have also installed a set of RC quick disconnects up front. De-badged it a little and re-badged it to make it my "theme rig". Turns heads and gets a smile off a lot of people, and I have had some good comments overall.
Attached Images

Ut. Wolf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Utwolf; 11-24-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-24-2013, 11:19 AM
JKO Addict!

What's your budget? Don't bother wasting thousands of dollars on lockers when it will spend 95% of it's life on the highway.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #3 of 3 Old 11-24-2013, 11:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Leveling kit/pucks with shock extensions will be pretty adequate for awhile I'd imagine. Many people over-look the basis and think springs and shocks are whats going to make or break you off road. I ran on coil spacers, shock extensions and 35s for a good long while..

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode