Bed Tred - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Bed Tred

Does anyone have the Bed Tred liner kit in their rig? I'm looking for some feedback before I decide to buy. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Rock God

Line it and don't look back.

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #3 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Granite Guru

Never heard of that before, looks good. I can find pricing on the bedrug seems like a fair price. Where did you find Bed Tred?? I did Monsta liner in my TJ but the smell was pretty strong for quite a while, seemed a little too hollow when you drove it.

You gotta review it if you do it pls.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 08:26 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I saw this product first hand in SEMA and I was interested in it for our 2012 because I have no desire to commit to bedliner in that thing.

It fits PERFECTLY and covers the entire floor and rear wheel wells. I was very impressed with it and I often find myself disappointed with products like this.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on it if it suits your needs.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Rock God

Garage

I saw this product in a catalogue and was wondering the same thing. This is what the Jeep should come with from the factory. Why do they not?

-Scott S.-

'07 2Dr Silver Rubicon
post #6 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

I totally agree. I never understood why a Wrangler has carpeting and not a rubberized floor. The product looks great and isn't pricey at all. A lot of mud here in NJ so I would like to have floor that's easy to clean.
post #7 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
I saw this product first hand in SEMA and I was interested in it for our 2012 because I have no desire to commit to bedliner in that thing.

It fits PERFECTLY and covers the entire floor and rear wheel wells. I was very impressed with it and I often find myself disappointed with products like this.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on it if it suits your needs.

Marcus
I have been looking at this for a while and am glad you gave your opinion. I am the same way, it's a brand new rig and I don't want to commit to bedlining my daily driver. Think this stuff will help with transmission heat and extra road noise like most bedlined vehicles I have driven produce. Think I am going to have to bite the bullet on this one. Plus my dog sheds a ton and I am hoping this will be easier to vacuum than stock carpet in the JK.
post #8 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Rock God

How does this stuff do if it gets really wet, like poured on rain, or swamped in a deep hole in the woods?

My fear with this kind of product is that it will trap water under neath it and actually cause more damage than not having it. Best case would be you have to remove it and dry out the tub, but then you might as well just keep the carpet in there. I've been running no carpet only floor mats for the better part of a year and its easy to clean and wash out when I need to. Eventually I will bedline it I guess but so far I don't see the need to except for one area. The floormats have started to wear away the paint when they slide around so I need to do something about that soon.

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #9 of 13 Old 11-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo78 View Post
How does this stuff do if it gets really wet, like poured on rain, or swamped in a deep hole in the woods?

My fear with this kind of product is that it will trap water under neath it and actually cause more damage than not having it. Best case would be you have to remove it and dry out the tub, but then you might as well just keep the carpet in there. I've been running no carpet only floor mats for the better part of a year and its easy to clean and wash out when I need to. Eventually I will bedline it I guess but so far I don't see the need to except for one area. The floormats have started to wear away the paint when they slide around so I need to do something about that soon.
I have the mopar rubber floor liner which is similar to the bed-tread. The jeep is mostly open for at least 6 months of the year, regularly gets filled with rain water and mud. Never had an issue with stuff not drying out underneath. Key is to leave the drainplugs in the floor out all the excess trapped underneath just drains out. I pull everything and rinse the tub once or twice a year and it's good as new.

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything
post #10 of 13 Old 01-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Rock God

searching for more info on this now.

I am interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Maybe they just corrected your ridiculous mistake. Who the fuck orders chrome anything?
post #11 of 13 Old 01-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo78 View Post

I was thinking this same thing. How it would trap water.

-Scott S.-

'07 2Dr Silver Rubicon
post #12 of 13 Old 01-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Granite Guru

I too am interested in either their Bed Tred or Bed Rug products. Seems quicker, cheaper, and easier than a spray in liner. It should insulate heat/noise better too.

Americans can sleep peaceably at night because US Soldiers stand ready to fight on their behalf

2008 Unlimited Rubicon: 37's, 3" Synergy Springs, Artec trusses, 5.38's, Winch, PSC/Poly Cage, Bumpers, TNT Alum belly skids, and other doodads
post #13 of 13 Old 01-17-2014, 05:40 PM
V8 dreams

I'm probably gonna try these, my jeep is gettin stinky

2010 Silver JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode