Are you the first to waive? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 Old 11-16-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Are you the first to waive?

Dumb newb post... hit the back button and don't shoot me! lol

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
6-speed, soft top, 2.5" TF Lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, Superwinch TS9500 winch, M.O.R.E. oil pan/trans skid, Skid Row exhaust loop skid, Dominion evap relocation,*Smittybilt Oversized Tiire Carrier and Cibie headlights.

Last edited by Cochepaille; 11-16-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Rock God

Lol, the search button.

But I wave when ever I see a wrangler. Pretty much only wranglers, but if I see a nicely lifted xj, I'll wave.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 71 Old 11-16-2013, 05:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I seldom give up (a claim or right) voluntarily.

Just sayin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 71 Old 11-16-2013, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Jk View Post
Lol, the search button.
Alright, so I asked a newb question, lol. Next time I'll do a search before starting a thread... looks like waive threads in particular infuriate members to the point of contemplating manslaughter, though. lol

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
6-speed, soft top, 2.5" TF Lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, Superwinch TS9500 winch, M.O.R.E. oil pan/trans skid, Skid Row exhaust loop skid, Dominion evap relocation,*Smittybilt Oversized Tiire Carrier and Cibie headlights.
post #5 of 71 Old 11-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Rock God

Haha, I just think it's funny. There is a numerous amount of threads. Haha but I guess most are talking about people that don't wave.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

post #6 of 71 Old 11-16-2013, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

You know, it's actually kind of confusing to own a Jeep these days... IFS jeeps might as well not exist because no true Jeeper will ever admit that the bloodline was somehow tainted, everyone who owns a ZJ or WJ gets crapped on unless they're running 4+ inches of lift and boggers because Grands aren't "real Jeeps," apparently you have to prove that you're a true Jeep enthusiast if you own anything newer than a YJ, and the poor bastards that own YJs get crapped on for having square headlights of all things, lol. IMHO, you don't have to be a CJ owner to get the waive,

I'll freely admit that I do, however, get a little pissed when I see some dude step out of a blinged-out JK with $10k+ worth of trail-riding upgrades that he'll probably never use because I know I'd be on the trails all the time if I had the same setup. Hell I even get a smirk/head-shake from some guys when I step out of my JK in a suit and I grab my briefcase out of the back (attorney), but being able to own my dream Jeep to go trail riding, camping and fishing as much as possible is part of the reason I went to law school and incurred an astronomical amount of student loans! Lol

I'm just tired of it all at this point... it's all a dick-measuring contest to those who would refuse to waive back at any fellow Jeep owner, and I for one will waive at anyone who waives to me first, even a KJ owner! All I know is that I still live by the Jeep slogan of "it's a way of life." I can't wait to take my family where no Town & Country minivan will ever be able to go, which is what I think it's all about.

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
post #7 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Wheeler

I will generally initiate a wave to another modded Jeep. If I see a stocker, I'll wave back. Not that I'm an elitist or anything, I just get sick of waving to soccer moms and getting nothing back.
post #8 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 06:01 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
I seldom give up (a claim or right) voluntarily.

Just sayin'...
I'm surprised nobody else has noticed..
post #9 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Noticed and ignored, I guess. lol

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
post #10 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 07:04 AM
It never ends...

I always wave (unless spaced out). I don't care what kind of wrangler. I wave at toyo rock crawlers too, as well as lifted XJs.

No big deal to wave and not get one back. Good karma and being neighborly are good for the soul.

Hell I sometimes find myself waving at jeeps when I'm in my BMW. (I love jeeps I guess).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
Adventures of Rex Thread:

Last edited by LeftHandRubi; 11-17-2013 at 03:01 PM.
post #11 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochepaille View Post
I went to law school
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallini03 View Post
I'm surprised nobody else has noticed..
Imagine that. College educated and still doesn't know how to spell.

Quote:

post #12 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Imagine that. College educated and still doesn't know how to spell.
Actuly, speling isn't my stronge soot, lol. Nah, just didn't feel like picking on someone who could easily run me over like a possum!

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
post #13 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammy O'Shea View Post
I will generally initiate a wave to another modded Jeep. If I see a stocker, I'll wave back. Not that I'm an elitist or anything, I just get sick of waving to soccer moms and getting nothing back.
Exactly what he said..... Way too many soccer moms up here in Canada!!! I'd say about 70% of JKU drivers are women that consider there Jeeps as minivans.
post #14 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Granite Guru

true ha

I always wave. When my girlfriend is in the car she usually asks if I got one back. Usually the answer is "nope, rejected again"
post #15 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 05:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

How did we go from waving while driving the Jeep to "in the car". We don't care about waving in cars... we're Jeepers!

Quote:

post #16 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 05:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Yay moar waIve threads!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #17 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Wheeler

One of the first posts i read after joining this Forum was one about how 'it's a shame, no one even waves any more'. So being a newer Jeeper I decide to try and continue the tradition in my own way. I limit it to Wranglers only, any kind, otherwise I'd be waving all the time here in SoCal....

Hehe, I just got the sp thing
post #18 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
I always wave (unless spaced out). I don't care what kind of wrangler. I wave at toyo rock crawlers too, as well as lifted XJs.

No big deal to wave and not get one back. Good karma and being neighborly are good for the soul.

Hell I sometimes find myself waving at jeeps when I'm in my BMW. (I love jeeps I guess).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Haha, I do that too when I'm driving the wife's car. Kinda just get used to doing it. Of course right after I wave I remember that I'm pretty much in a mini van and they've got to be wondering WhoTF is that guy?

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
post #19 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Yay moar waIve threads!
I tried to take it back! In all fairness, it is a different type of waive thread, lol.

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
post #20 of 71 Old 11-17-2013, 06:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochepaille View Post
I tried to take it back! In all fairness, it is a different type of waive thread, lol.

Quote:

post #21 of 71 Old 11-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Wheeler

I always wave regardless, I can only live MY life as a jeeper, I cannot live for anyone else, thats THEIR problem.
post #22 of 71 Old 11-19-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklarry09 View Post
I always wave regardless, I can only live MY life as a jeeper, I cannot live for anyone else, thats THEIR problem.
^^ well said. Ditto!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I dont know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
post #23 of 71 Old 11-19-2013, 08:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

we are supposed to be waving at other jeeps? who wouda thunk?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
post #24 of 71 Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Haha. This is a good idea to post up a wave thread. I always wave at jeeps unless I forget. I wave at JK's on Mondays, LJ's on Tuesdays, TJ's on Wednesdays, YJ's on Thursdays and CJ's on Fridays. Now on the weekend I wave to everyone including XJ's, Yotas and BJ's...lol

The way I see it is that as Mr. Hand waves and others wanna be douchebags, Mr. Hand knows how to turn into Mr. Bird. Besides that was one of my pledges so I try to flip someone off everyday as well as keep up with the masturbating. Of course only some of you will catch that one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #25 of 71 Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Rock God

To be honest I can never wave till the other jeep has already past. The jk is my 3rd vehicle, and driven maybe 4k a yr, so I never think of it till it's too late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode