Actual Service Manual For The JK...Where to get it? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Actual Service Manual For The JK...Where to get it?

Where can I get an actual service manual for the JK?...I found a Hanyes manual but I am looking for one that a dealership would use...Thanks for the help...

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TF 3" Kit w/4 Arm Flex Kit, TF HD F & R Adj. Track Bars, TF HD Steering Stabilizer, Yukon 5.13 gears, CenterForce II Clutch, Black Rock Soft 8's 16x8, Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, RR XHD Front w/Stinger, SB XRC Rear w/Carrier, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fenders, SB XRC8 Winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Granite Guru

call 800-890-4038. They'll hook you up. not cheap though

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #3 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule'Con View Post
call 800-890-4038. They'll hook you up. not cheap though
How much?...Less than $100?...Thanks for the number!!!

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TF 3" Kit w/4 Arm Flex Kit, TF HD F & R Adj. Track Bars, TF HD Steering Stabilizer, Yukon 5.13 gears, CenterForce II Clutch, Black Rock Soft 8's 16x8, Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, RR XHD Front w/Stinger, SB XRC Rear w/Carrier, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fenders, SB XRC8 Winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 03:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank29 View Post
How much?...Less than $100?...Thanks for the number!!!
the cd from tech authority is 120 the 4 volume book set is 320 I believe, I got mine book set off ebay 225, I believe there was a cheaper one on there the other day I looked. Also just an fyi the cd version isnt searchable and I believe it still doesnt work with windows Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #5 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
the cd from tech authority is 120 the 4 volume book set is 320 I believe, I got mine book set off ebay 225, I believe there was a cheaper one on there the other day I looked. Also just an fyi the cd version isnt searchable and I believe it still doesnt work with windows Vista
Yeah, I knew it was going to be a few $$$...I would rather have the book set over the cd version anyways...How did you word your search on ebay?...Glad I have Windows then...

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

post #6 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 04:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Yeah, I knew it was going to be a few $$$...I would rather have the book set over the cd version anyways...How did you word your search on ebay?...Glad I have Windows then...
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

damn 07 version is cheap right not $78 buy it NOW

Quote:

post #7 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

damn 07 version is cheap right not $78 buy it NOW
SWEET!!!!....

Thank you for the link!!!

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

post #8 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 04:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

no prob

Quote:

post #9 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Granite Guru

Tkob, what part of the manual deals with submersibles?
post #10 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Granite Guru

I got mine through djsmanuals on ebay. $110 for the 2008 for all four manuals.

post #11 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Wheeler

Why would you pay $100 when you can get a PDF for free...
post #12 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch View Post
Why would you pay $100 when you can get a PDF for free...
Where is the PDF file?

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

post #13 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 08:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Where is the PDF file?
X freakin 2!!!!

Someone hook it up already!
post #14 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Wheeler

My bad. That's the oweners manual.

Bear Republic sure makes some good beer.
Maybe I should be posting in that other thread.....
post #15 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDoc View Post
Tkob, what part of the manual deals with submersibles?
I've got a special edition

Quote:

silly kids

Quote:

post #16 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

BR Racer 5 is a main staple in my fridge since its brewed within 15 miles of my house. Understand about the mix up.

post #17 of 30 Old 08-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule'Con View Post
BR Racer 5 is a main staple in my fridge since its brewed within 15 miles of my house.
Sweet! Can I come visit?
post #18 of 30 Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Wheeler

Talking

Quote:
Where is the PDF file?
You can download the iso for free, I am pretty sure I saw the link on this forum within the last 2 weeks, if not its on the "other" place. Also not hard to find as a torrent.

Works fine with Vista, but won't work with Firefox.
post #19 of 30 Old 08-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Rock God

Garage
Lightbulb E-Bay

Quote:
Where can I get an actual service manual for the JK?...I found a Hanyes manual but I am looking for one that a dealership would use...Thanks for the help...
I got a set on E-Bay (new) for a about $89.00 It is a 4 Book Set. Huge! Allow extra time to find anything! But it's all there.

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
post #20 of 30 Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Rock God

I've found the torrent a few times, but never really understood how that all works...

-WRM
post #21 of 30 Old 08-23-2009, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dubya- View Post
You can download the iso for free, I am pretty sure I saw the link on this forum within the last 2 weeks, if not its on the "other" place. Also not hard to find as a torrent.

Works fine with Vista, but won't work with Firefox.
if thats the case someones gonna get their peepee smacked, they are like the FSM Nazi Police over there

Quote:

post #22 of 30 Old 08-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Rock God

Quote:

you found the Haynes manual for the JK, where might you have found that, I am actually interested in that one as well...?

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
post #23 of 30 Old 08-23-2009, 10:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
you found the Haynes manual for the JK, where might you have found that, I am actually interested in that one as well...?
they dont have one according to their website, the highest year they go up to is 2004 for any of the jeep line.

Quote:

post #24 of 30 Old 08-23-2009, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
I called A&A Auto Parts and Auto Zone and asked for the Hanyes Manual and I was told that they had one for the 2007-Pressent Jeep Wranglers...I never picked one up because I would like to get the actual service manual...I may have to stop and get some parts for the wife's TJ, I will check it out and let you know...

Quote:
they dont have one according to their website, the highest year they go up to is 2004 for any of the jeep line.
I looked on their web-site too and even emailed them but have not gotten a response back yet...Like I said above, I didn't "SEE" it with my own eyes but I will check it out and let you know...

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

post #25 of 30 Old 08-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I called A&A Auto Parts and Auto Zone and asked for the Hanyes Manual and I was told that they had one for the 2007-Pressent Jeep Wranglers...I never picked one up because I would like to get the actual service manual...I may have to stop and get some parts for the wife's TJ, I will check it out and let you know...

I looked on their web-site too and even emailed them but have not gotten a response back yet...Like I said above, I didn't "SEE" it with my own eyes but I will check it out and let you know...
Awesome, I hope they do, because the one for my Dad's XJ is pretty good...and it was cheap, relatively speaking...

2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Auto, Hardtop, White, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME HD springs, Rusty's Adj. F/R trac-bars, Bilstein Steering Stabilizer, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Rear Swaybar Extensions, PolyPerformance UCAs f/r, Rusty's LCAs f/r, 33x12.5 BFG KM2s, ProComp 15x8 Rockcrawlers, Smitty winch, Body Armor Front Bumper, FLW SS rear bumper, OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Skid Row Engine and Tranny Skid, Member UFWD & BRC, †John 3:16†
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode