Best Time To Buy - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 11-07-2013, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Best Time To Buy

I know that since the Wrangler is the best selling vehicle Jeep makes, they don't offer many specials or discounts for them. I was wondering if someone could shed some light on if there is a certain time of month or year that dealers or Chrysler are more inclined to offer discounts on new Wranglers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Wheeler

I just picked up a fairly basic '13 Unlimited with a $4K discount from the MSRP. It was a March build with no power windows/locks and had been sitting on the lot and the dealership was motivated. Find what you like online and head over to make a deal on the last day off the month, preferably in the evening for your best chance of getting a killer deal.
post #3 of 17 Old 11-07-2013, 10:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Join Tread Lightly and you'll get a 1% discount under invoice (2% if the dealer aren't douchebags).

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!

Last edited by Abacabb; 11-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacabb View Post
Join Tread Lightly and you'll get a 1% discount under MSRP (2% if the dealer aren't douchebags).
I thought all dealers were douchebags.....
post #5 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 06:22 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardo View Post
I thought all dealers were douchebags.....
nah, just all Chrysler dealers. Have dealt with 7 of them so far and each one has been the new worst car experience of my life.
post #6 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I actually backed my way in to getting a Friends and Family Discount which is 1% below invoice so that will help. I'm more just wondering if dealers would be more inclined to take off more than that at some point in time.
post #7 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardwel View Post
I actually backed my way in to getting a Friends and Family Discount which is 1% below invoice so that will help. I'm more just wondering if dealers would be more inclined to take off more than that at some point in time.
If you are getting F&F discount then I wouldnt' expect to see anything lower regardless of when you buy.
post #8 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

A dealer has little interest in selling you a vehicle without financing involved cause they not only fuck the customer with this msrp bullshit up front, (and why were the consumers of this country stupid enough to allow msrp of anything to be the actual selling price? I'm at a loss on that one) but then they screw you on the back end with interest. Prearrange your financing through your credit union or walk in with cash. Negotiate your best deal and be prepared to walk away when they start playing their four square bullshit. Come back a few days later and play them again. Do this and do it between a few dealers and you will walk out with the best price possible. All the little incentive bs is just fluff anyway. They have a bottom line, find it or walk...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #9 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 10:40 AM

I've bought many new vehicles and found the last day, or two, of each month to be when dealers are most motivated.
They have quotas, bonuses and the like.

2012 Rubicon, Call of Duty MW3, #1850

Previously: '11 Sport, '03 Rubicon, '02 X, '95 Sahara, '93 SE and '89 S
post #10 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

1. You guys are leaving a shit load of money on the table if you're only shooting for 1% or 2% under invoice. You should be looking at $1k under invoice.

2. Hit them the last couple of days of the month when they are trying to make their numbers. Be prepared to walk away.

3. The dealer makes their money in the finance office. Negotiate the price and give the dealer the financing if they can match what you can get from your credit union or bank. Politely pass on the prepaid maintenance plans and extended warranties. I HIGHLY recommend GAP insurance if you're buying new. I'm not sure what they charge for that now but if they quote you $700 for GAP, tell them you'll give them $500. The Finance Manager is normally the highest paid person in a dealership due to all of the commissions on 'products'.

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #11 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 11:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The best time to buy is now... wanna buy a nicely built 2009 4dr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #12 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks, but I want a new one for me to build.

post #13 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 01:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Thanks, but I want a new one for me to build.

I know, but it was worth a try. Good luck with your build. What do you have planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #14 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I know that since the Wrangler is the best selling vehicle Jeep makes, they don't offer many specials or discounts for them. I was wondering if someone could shed some light on if there is a certain time of month or year that dealers or Chrysler are more inclined to offer discounts on new Wranglers.
My advice is to do the deal online. Get quotes from their internet sales departments. When you have lowest, give others opportunity to repeat.

I'm buying a car right now this way. It's so much easier to walk away that way.

Once you get lowest price, get it printed. Then go in person with it in hand to other dealers to see if they will beat it. If not, go with the online price.
post #15 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Granite Guru

End of the month and in the winter, well at least where it gets cold. Sales usually drop around christmas time and being a commission biz they will be motivated to sell.
post #16 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Wheeler

I spoke to a friend who used to work at a dealer, and he advised me to buy right now (I did 2 weeks ago) because people start to trade in a Wranglers when it starts to get cold and sales on new Wranglers slow down when it gets cold... especially soft top models. Not sure if that's true or not, and obviously this theory doesn't apply to the lower half of the country where it's always warm, but it seemed to work for me - got my Jeep for a great deal (see What Did You Pay? thread).

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
6-speed, soft top, 2.5" TF Lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, Superwinch TS9500 winch, M.O.R.E. oil pan/trans skid, Skid Row exhaust loop skid, Dominion evap relocation,*Smittybilt Oversized Tiire Carrier and Cibie headlights.
post #17 of 17 Old 11-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Rock God

I remember seeing someones theory, not sure if it would work or not though. You email all the local dealers in your area, tell them exactly what you're looking for and say whoever gives you the best deal gets your business. CC each dealer so they will all fight to get the sale.

Like I said, in theory it sounds like it would work, but I have no idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode