08 JK tires and lift ? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-16-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

08 JK tires and lift ?

Hi all new here just wanted to say hi. I have a bone stock 08 jk wrangler 2dr 6speed tranny. Looking to get some new tires and wheels and a good leveling kit for tires I'm looking for a good mud tire not a a/t type tire. For tires I have found these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ICT-SSR-31R/ and for wheels these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-164-6885P/ for the leveling kit found this kit http://www.teraflex.biz/products/jk-...eling-kit.html . Any opioins good or bad let me know what ya think or if anyone has any other ideas just looking around. I was trying to stay with a tire I could turn with no lost power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-16-2009, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

And also I wanted something that would look right not silly so ?
post #3 of 5 Old 09-03-2009, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

anyone????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-03-2009, 05:51 PM
JKO Addict!

that swamper is about the size of the rubicon tires, so look at the pics of a rubi and see if you like the size.

For the proce of that leveling kit from Tera, you can get the 2.5" budget boost from Rough Country. Your rig will look much better with a 2.5" Lift! BUT with that much lift you should look into bigger tires like a 33 or even a 35.

These new jeeps are different from the TJ's and YJ's etc, a 31.5" tire doesnt look big at all, in fact the stock saharas come with a 32.....

BUT i have seen several jeeps running 31's in an aggressive tire and it does look good! just small

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #5 of 5 Old 09-03-2009, 05:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You'll be good with the TF kit. I can't see which one you got, but TF is a good place to start. You really can't go wrong with them.

Can't say I'd go with the chrome wheels, but if you like it, then that's what matters.

I've contemplated the SS TSL/SX's, but I think I'm gonna end up with MTR Kevlars.

Where you live? That's gonna play a big role in what tire is right for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode